What’s your favorite Hot Dog Brand

tugger50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT RANGER SUPERCREW, 2002 F-350 7.3 POWERSTROKE DIESEL
Found a brand at a Montana truck stop called Bahama Mama. They were on the rolling cooker thing. Really good and large too. Found them again at a gas store in Reno NV. Bought a couple multi packs and took em home. Great on the grill.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I buy them right up the road at my IGA, but I believe WalMart or Costco carries them Nationally although, like everything else these days, availability might be hit or miss.
OMG, IGA is still around? There were numerous IGA affiliated markets in Honolulu way back when, however the large, locally owned market chains caused them to disappear, Costco and Wal-Mart didn't help either.

The main issue was a matter of logistics and warehousing, 95% of consumer goods in Hawaii arrive via container ship. It got to the point were the larger chains would ship in hundreds of containers and significantly lower the prices of their goods.

The smaller food brokers simply could not match their prices and volume, so they started to disappear one by one.

Warehouse space in Honolulu has always been a problem, with the price of real estate here, leased property rates continued to climb steadily until the small guys just could not afford it.
Much of this real estate has been re-zoned into residential use, so that developers can build luxury high-rises which no average local can afford. I always scoff when I hear ads which tout "units start at an affordable 1 million" for a studio unit in these buildings.

I sure miss the local food markets, especially when I have to deal with parking and crowds at the larger stores when all I need is a loaf of bread and a dozen of eggs, maybe even some hot dogs...

Rant over...lol:)

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I always use a skewer and do the spiral cut when I grille them ... expert level...

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
It's been a very long time since I had a hot dog. Stomach can't handle that stuff now.

I was wondering......with all the different types of "franks,* "wieners," and *dogs," has any one of them matched the bun count yet?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
It's been a very long time since I had a hot dog. Stomach can't handle that stuff now.

I was wondering......with all the different types of "franks,* "wieners," and *dogs," has any one of them matched the bun count yet?
Yes.
Finally.
Sorry you can't handle the dogs anymore. That's a shame, to be sure.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Nathans is owned by..........CHINA.
The best hot dogs are Bar s polish sausage. Try the "HOT".

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Fairbury........I think its a Nebraska only dog! Really good! What they serve at Memorial Stadium when the Huskers are playing........figured the Huskers play like crap might as well have a hot dog and a pepsi!.........it's more exciting!

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Master technician
You haven't lived until you had a Zweigle's hotdog. It's a Western New York thing. They have a natural pork casing and "pop open" as they are cooked. They come in red or white.

1631186258343.png
I was starting to wonder if these were going to be mentioned! By far my favorite.
Fried, grilled, boiled, or deep fried. Glaziers are also very good.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Any brand in which it's contents of "assholes and eyelids" are held to an absolute minimum...lol

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
490bd8cd3a0f904bad68d0338725f6dd.jpg