What was your first Ford daily driver?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
A 1980 f-250. With cruise and factory 8 track player. Regular cab 8ft bed rear sliding window, no ac, and a 351m

FB_IMG_1614923407667.jpg
OMG!!! LMAO here. "Factory 8 track." That was bad ass at the time. I still remember installing my first 8 track player in my Mustang 2! Thought it was hot shit when I was done. Too funny.
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
OMG!!! LMAO here. "Factory 8 track." That was bad ass at the time. I still remember installing my first 8 track player in my Mustang 2! Thought it was hot shit when I was done. Too funny.
Some 8 track units were clearly better than others. During the early 1970s, Craig FM/8 track units with the high end Craig speakers were the ticket for 'inexpensive'(?) aftermarket installation.

Recalling a late '60s Fury II with a Craig setup that probably cost as much as the car did. Was turned on to Frijid Pink and their excellent version of 'House of the Rising Sun' while we did our best Cheech and Chong impressions without realizing it....

I've posted this before. My very first car looked identical to the following except mine was a C code 289 (later converted to A code) and not the R code 427 depicted. Recalling I installed a FM/8 Track Audiovox in the glove compartment along with two 6x9 deluxe Jensen speakers in the package tray - good sound.

1966-ford-fairlane-r-code-clone-2-door-sedan-1.jpeg

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Not a personal vehicle, but my first "FORD daily driver" was HULK, a green 1984 Ford LTL9000 with a Detroit 425.
Personally liked those. And for folks that were driving one for the first time, head into a curve and your butt thought it was rolling over! ?

CVA62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Ranger FX/4
Occupation
Retired
1988 Ford Ranger GEN 1. Purchased used in 1990 with 11K on the clock. Driven 143K and traded in for a 1997 Ranger Splash 2WD low rider loaded with the Explorer buckets.The only Ranger I believe that Ford offered Explorer bucket seats in a Ranger. Driven 188K and traded in for my current Ranger, a '05 FX/4. Currently have 171K on this one. All the same color, black.

Nothing but Rangers for 32 years and 502,000 miles.

Am I going to break this tradition with an Iconic Silver FX/4 Maverick that I currently have on order or will I shift gears to a GEN 5 Ranger. Good question, that is why I am here, trying to decide what my plan of action should be. :)

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Personally liked those. And for folks that were driving one for the first time, head into a curve and your butt thought it was rolling over! ?
At the time I didn't love it. It was old and basic, and the cab was rough, but I missed the motor/power as soon as they gave me a new "better" truck.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
Sales
1974 Mustang II Ghia. Got it in '76 with 30K miles on it. Had the V6. Would have been better I think to have swapped it out with about a 10 HP Briggs & Stratton. One good thing, it did have a 4 speed so I got good with a stick early. As a kid with a new license it served me well.

Bought it for $2600. Drove it, and I mean drove it, for four years. Good thing it was a gutless wonder. I forget the exact miles I put on the odometer but it was about 50K that I added. Totaled it in college. Yes, stupidity was most definitely involved. Luckily no one was hurt. And the insurance company paid me $2400. Not bad!

Used that money for the down payment on a '78 Monte Carlo. (When you are a kid buying used you can't as easily stick to "Ford only!") That one only had about 20K miles on it. Thought I'd hit the lottery. Kept that one right on through my time in the Army. Even though it also endured a bit of stupidity too. Luckily no bent sheet metal involved. Served me well.

Got out of the Army and traded it in on my first brand new car. Ordered it. 1986 Mercury Cougar. 302 V8 with fuel injection. First year for the fuel injection. Ordered in June, didn't receive until December. Ford tried to change it to a V6 2 or 3 times. Some parts supply issue kept screwing them up for the V8 fuel injection. I kept refusing and waiting on the V8. Loved, LOVED that car. Washed it once a week... or more. Waxed it monthly. Young man with his first new car. Nothing like it. No car since has had that impact. Nor could it. Just a different stage of life.

Sorry, went farther down memory lane than just my first car.

Did I mention the mustang was gutless?
Always wanted a 1970 Cougar Eliminator...

maxarcher

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Pilot
My '14 Fiesta ST, bought new and traded in on my Ranger a few months ago. It was my first car with an American badge on it too, I used to be a Japanese sports/"sporty" car guy and had a couple of BMWs on the side as well. I did, however, drive Ford trucks regularly at my old job, a '14ish F250 diesel and occasionally my boss's modded 1st gen Raptor, and my experience with those trucks was a big part of why I eventually decided to get one of my own.

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Cars, my family was Chevy, my Grandparents were Ford. Then I was in Colorado Springs and needed a 4x4, and a new 1987 Gen 1 Ranger 4x4, Custom found my heart. Loved driving the mountain dirt roads. Closet thing to needing the 4x4 was the drive from Cripple Creek to Canon City on the old rail line.
Six years later I put the side backseats in it from a junk yard and used it for three more years. Sold it for a new F-150!

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Some 8 track units were clearly better than others. During the early 1970s, Craig FM/8 track units with the high end Craig speakers were the ticket for 'inexpensive'(?) aftermarket installation.

Recalling a late '60s Fury II with a Craig setup that probably cost as much as the car did. Was turned on to Frijid Pink and their excellent version of 'House of the Rising Sun' while we did our best Cheech and Chong impressions without realizing it....

I've posted this before. My very first car looked identical to the following except mine was a C code 289 (later converted to A code) and not the R code 427 depicted. Recalling I installed a FM/8 Track Audiovox in the glove compartment along with two 6x9 deluxe Jensen speakers in the package tray - good sound.

1966-ford-fairlane-r-code-clone-2-door-sedan-1.jpeg
Those were so sweet looking no matter what engine they had.
Brian

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
Oof, I'm not sure if I've posted this before, but my first car was a 1971 Mustang (bought in 1996). DEFINITELY not a daily driver, lol, but I still have it. (and still not a daily driver)

I guess my first daily driver was probably my mom's 1986 Lincoln Town Car, but not exactly a Ford.

MY first FORD daily driver was a 1990 Mustang hatchback. The 4 cylinder version. But it had the 5.0 wheels and looked great! Bought it at an auction and sold it 2 years later for $300 more than I paid for it, so I call that a win.

Since then I've owned a 1995 Camaro (with T-tops, naturally), 2004 Ranger Edge, 2004 F-150 XLT and now driving my 2019 Ranger XLT.

I guess you can say I'm a Ford guy.
Sponsored