What the hell is wrong with Amazon and/or USPS?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just bought a set of wheels. They left Georgia by FedEx, went to California, back to New Jersey, and on to Indiana. And, it's only a 5 hour drive from my house in North Carolina to where they were shipped from. I'm sure there is a method to that madness, but I'm hard pressed to know what it would be.
Looks like your wheels have some miles on them now. Might want to call and get a discount. lol

I had something similar happen back in the late summer. I had a part from Sig coming from NH and it took almost 3 weeks to get here. It took a trip across the US then back to the Mid West and finally here. Damn part has seen more states than I have!
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Looks like your wheels have some miles on them now. Might want to call and get a discount. lol

I had something similar happen back in the late summer. I had a part from Sig coming from NH and it took almost 3 weeks to get here. It took a trip across the US then back to the Mid West and finally here. Damn part has seen more states than I have!
I ordered some mustache wax that came by way of the west coast and it is manufactured 10 miles from my house here in Michigan.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Well, I once had to fly to Virginia from NY. I had to fly to Chicago first and then Virginia. I almost could have driven there faster.

My point is sometimes what works out the best logistically for the company isn’t the best for us.

Last edited:

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
In Duluth, they closed the postal sorting facility. Now to mail a letter across town it first goes to a sorting facility in St. Paul then back to Duluth.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
In Duluth, they closed the postal sorting facility. Now to mail a letter across town it first goes to a sorting facility in St. Paul then back to Duluth.
Hi Steve,

Yep....Mail a letter from Green Valley...used to go to the local post office and to the Green Valley address of intent. Now it goes to Tucson...then to Phoenix and then back to Tucson and then to the Green Valley address of Intent....our next door neighbor for the thanks for the Christmas bottle of Scotch...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
A lot of the bouncing back and forth is because things are getting automated, and the automation machines aren't local. While it might cost more in gas, and environmental impact, you don't have to pay a machine a pension someday.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Amazon, from now until January 31st I will volunteer if given the choice to pay extra for you to use UPS or FedEx. Your default use of USPS as of this time still sucks balls.

Translation: I'm hoping my 2 days off this weekend are productive and not wasted because items I ordered at beginning of the week are still in the USPS black hole.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Amazon, from now until January 31st I will volunteer if given the choice to pay extra for you to use UPS or FedEx. Your default use of USPS as of this time still sucks balls.

Translation: I'm hoping my 2 days off this weekend are productive and not wasted because items I ordered at beginning of the week are still in the USPS black hole.
If it makes you feel any better, I bought some window inserts from a local company. They got built and delivered to UPS on 12/27, but they won't deliver them to me until next Tuesday. It is only about a 20 mile trip and it will take 9 days. Granted it is truck freight but that is absolutely horrible service, IMO.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
My GF bought a humidifier from Amazon. Prime shipping and all, thought it would be here in two or three days. She gets a message that it was delivered, but its not here. She checks the tracking and it went from Arizona, to someplace in Brazil for a week and back to Mara Linda CA. Amazon sent her another message saying delivery will be delayed and she can get a refund, if she wants. I don't know what she decided to do.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Ill probably call Amazon soon. While I understand their couriers are in a log jam I dont pay a membership fee for regular shipping times. Its been awhile since I had an issue but on previous calls they usually cough up a credit for 1 month. Never rude just state the facts and use my yes sirs or yes ma’ams.

Not a whole lot I know, but as the consumer its not really my problem if you operate at a capacity you cant handle. I paid, you deliver. You no deliver I no pay. lol

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
If "Ted" chooses to live way off the beaten path... it's "Ted's" choice. Why should it be mandated that "Ted's" fellow tax payers have to pay to deliver his mail?
Agreed.

It's a slippery slope, once they decide people in the mountains are too far away how much longer before all of rural American is too far away? My thought is that it won't be long if that happens.
Agreed.

Uh oh. I'm only on page one and I'm almost afraid to see where this discussion goes. I have not read this whole thread but you know how you can sniff a political discussion coming where everyone is right, good points are made and everyone has intense feelings?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
For perspective: Any of you folks ever watch the classic movie The Music Man?

I remember as a kid in the late '60's waiting weeks for my Estes Model Rocket order to arrive.

Sponsored