What is with the silly Diesel Owners out there?!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So don't get me wrong, I understand the advantages of Diesel vehicles on various applications.

I'm just curious why most of the Diesel Truck Owners have to be aggressive for no reason?! 🧐🤔

If you are wondering why I am asking it's quite simple...... Just earlier as I went to a favorite restaurant for dinner a made a small comment to a kid that ran across the parking lot as I was coming in(no he wasn't looking). If course the father wasn't to happy. As I was inside waiting for my food the father walking(mother nature called) and purposely walk right next to me(he had plenty of room so he thought he could intimidate me or something). After leaving (Wich he pulled out of the parking lot first) we ended up going the same direction(little coincidence). He was in the far right lane and I was in the far left. Eventually I was slightly ahead and with the middle lane open the guy heavily accelerated (I heard the truck) and shot right next to me in the middle lane and got just ahead of me then slowed right down.... I had a vehicle in front of me and I was in the lane I needed, so clearly the guy must have been unhappy to be driving an Italian Truck that was Cummins Powered (can you guess the truck yet?!). Eventually the guy kept going as I got to my turn.

With all that said I'm sure many have had similar things happen, I just want to know why it's more common with Diesel Truck Owners?!
Sponsored

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I just can't understand the need to 'roll smoke'. I mean, purposely dumping a bunch of black smoke is just a need to prove you're a man with a big truck, even if it's not fast, it will smoke you out.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So don't get me wrong, I understand the advantages of Diesel vehicles on various applications.

I'm just curious why most of the Diesel Truck Owners have to be aggressive for no reason?! 🧐🤔

If you are wondering why I am asking it's quite simple...... Just earlier as I went to a favorite restaurant for dinner a made a small comment to a kid that ran across the parking lot as I was coming in(no he wasn't looking). If course the father wasn't to happy. As I was inside waiting for my food the father walking(mother nature called) and purposely walk right next to me(he had plenty of room so he thought he could intimidate me or something). After leaving (Wich he pulled out of the parking lot first) we ended up going the same direction(little coincidence). He was in the far right lane and I was in the far left. Eventually I was slightly ahead and with the middle lane open the guy heavily accelerated (I heard the truck) and shot right next to me in the middle lane and got just ahead of me then slowed right down.... I had a vehicle in front of me and I was in the lane I needed, so clearly the guy must have been unhappy to be driving an Italian Truck that was Cummins Powered (can you guess the truck yet?!). Eventually the guy kept going as I got to my turn.

With all that said I'm sure many have had similar things happen, I just want to know why it's more common with Diesel Truck Owners?!
Hi Chris,

I have heard these POS trucks as they are loud as all get out. There is a Gov't reg on pass by noise and for the puzzlement of me, I cannot understand how these trucks meet the requirement...

Best,
Phil

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Hi Chris,

I have heard these POS trucks as they are loud as all get out. There is a Gov't reg on pass by noise and for the puzzlement of me, I cannot understand how these trucks meet the requirement...

Best,
Phil
I think often times the owners modify them and noise violations are way down on the list with respect to citations, Colorado passed legislation designed to curtail the coal rollers, in rural areas though its not uncommon to still see them, diesels in big pickups seem more common in rural areas when many owners are tradesmen or farmers and they feel high powered noisy pickups symbolize the rural unconstrained lifestyle. Usually they don't bother me, the ones I've encountered may drive aggressively but aren't unsafe. When I 1st moved to Denver in 1979 I'd be on the road for work at 6:30 and see aggressive drivers trying to get to work on time, many blue collar types who worked structured jobs so I think having a high powered vehicle gave them a sense of freedom if not a feeling of empowerment. And like a certain % of drivers some are just jerks.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
It seems like there is an unwritten rule that if you have a 3/4 ton diesel, thou shalt drive like a knucklehead at all times......

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Chris,

Best,
Phil
That is my big issue - seems to affect Dodges mostly, but all brands seem be affected to a certain degree. While I don't mind loud cars occasionally, I've seen some that are just outright obnoxiously loud - I don't know how someone could stand to drive something that loud day after day. And the tailpipes? OMG - I saw something somewhere that someone said the tailpile had to be big enough to fit your head in - I laughed but it seems to be true on the worst offenders.

At least the coal rollers have been reined in for the most part - that was honestly the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I still don't know why people thought it was cool.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think often times the owners modify them and noise violations are way down on the list with respect to citations, Colorado passed legislation designed to curtail the coal rollers, in rural areas though its not uncommon to still see them, diesels in big pickups seem more common in rural areas when many owners are tradesmen or farmers and they feel high powered noisy pickups symbolize the rural unconstrained lifestyle. Usually they don't bother me, the ones I've encountered may drive aggressively but aren't unsafe. When I 1st moved to Denver in 1979 I'd be on the road for work at 6:30 and see aggressive drivers trying to get to work on time, many blue collar types who worked structured jobs so I think having a high powered vehicle gave them a sense of freedom if not a feeling of empowerment. And like a certain % of drivers some are just jerks.
To my understanding the rule on Rolling Coal is if one is riding the brakes while accelerating(and against those that did Emissions Delete's). I got this from a previous coworker a couple years back while working in Silverthorn.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That is my big issue - seems to affect Dodges mostly, but all brands seem be affected to a certain degree. While I don't mind loud cars occasionally, I've seen some that are just outright obnoxiously loud - I don't know how someone could stand to drive something that loud day after day. And the tailpipes? OMG - I saw something somewhere that someone said the tailpile had to be big enough to fit your head in - I laughed but it seems to be true on the worst offenders.

At least the coal rollers have been reined in for the most part - that was honestly the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I still don't know why people thought it was cool.
All I can say is they have to compensate for the very small equipment the drives were given if you know what I mean😉!!

And the best part about the Coal Rollers is they are simply waisting fuel with all that smoke!!

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
It's not just diesels..

I tried passing an f150 on my way to work this week, 2 lane road.

As soon as he notices me coming around him, his ego puts his foot to the floor.. not letting me back over.

There was now a vehicle coming the other direction.. so I needed to slam on my brakes and get back over.

Using every last ounce of my brakes caused the Bronco to veer right.. directly into his bedside... truck almost spins out.. I almost spin out.. truck speeds up and keeps on driving.

I call the police, meet with an officer, gave him the plate # off the truck and went on my way.

The system doesn't work though so... whoever tf that was is gonna end up killing someone someday.

*no damage to the bronco.. thanks to my bro-status wheel/tire fitment.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well what was the comment you made? I think a lot of story hinges on that...
I simply asked the kid to be careful running across parking lots since not everyone pays attention. All it takes is one person not paying attention for him to get hurt. When said it that is when the father tried to get defensive

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
It's not just diesels..

I tried passing an f150 on my way to work this week, 2 lane road.

As soon as he notices me coming around him, his ego puts his foot to the floor.. not letting me back over.

There was now a vehicle coming the other direction.. so I needed to slam on my brakes and get back over.

Using every last ounce of my brakes caused the Bronco to veer right.. directly into his bedside... truck almost spins out.. I almost spin out.. truck speeds up and keeps on driving.

I call the police, meet with an officer, gave him the plate # off the truck and went on my way.

The system doesn't work though so... whoever tf that was is gonna end up killing someone someday.

*no damage to the bronco.. thanks to my bro-status wheel/tire fitment.
The 150 driver is an a$$hat!

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
I simply asked the kid to be careful running across parking lots since not everyone pays attention. All it takes is one person not paying attention for him to get hurt. When said it that is when the father tried to get defensive
The 'father' wasnt being a 'father'.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
The 150 driver is an a$$hat!

F150 driver should literally be in jail right now. Not allowing someone to finish passing you is against the law here.. then driving to endanger.. leaving the scene of an accident..

🤷‍♀️

Psychos..
Sponsored