What kind of Catch Can do you Choose?

Sign1941

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT/FX4
I had a catch can on my Fusion Sport before trading it in for my 2020 XLT. I'm trying to decide who to get my can from and which type. Thank you in advance for your inputs. Also this is not a discussion for yes or no for a catch can but what brand those who decided to get one, ended up purchasing.
Sponsored

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator
I had a catch can on my Fusion Sport before trading it in for my 2020 XLT. I'm trying to decide who to get my can from and which type. Thank you in advance for your inputs. Also this is not a discussion for yes or no for a catch can but what brand those who decided to get one, ended up purchasing.
I'm eying the UPR Oil Catch can, very expensive.. or the more affordable Mishimoto . Prefer the Mishimoto because it's on sale, but I like the drain line, dual check valves, and vacuum hose on the UPR unit.

I might get the Mishimoto Silicone Hose Kit MMHOSE-RGR-19BK, and Intercooler Piper & Boot Kit MMICP-RGR-19KMWBK first. The Mishimoto Radiator looks awesome too. But I don't really have any plans on modding the power output on my Ford Ranger, plenty fast for what I use it for.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
The Mishimoto one seems a very nice bit of kit. Leagues better than the generic brand I had on a turbo Jetta yonks ago.

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Mishimoto one seems a very nice bit of kit. Leagues better than the generic brand I had on a turbo Jetta yonks ago.
I'm siding more and more with them, while they only have the 2-port variant as a ranger exclusive, they do make additional oil catch cans with a 3-port design. Ironically UPR had a "sale", all they did was remove the discount, then make it so you put in a discount code to get the same "on sale" price as last month. Sometimes, I wonder if they realize Ford owners aren't robots, and remember things...

The Mishimoto variants are listed on this page;
https://www.mishimoto.com/media/additionalpdfs/MMBCC-General_SalesSheet.pdf

OP
OP
Sign1941

Sign1941

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT/FX4
So what’s the difference between the three port and the two port? If you have a choice why would you you choose either? Thanks in advance for educating me!

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
So what’s the difference between the three port and the two port? If you have a choice why would you you choose either? Thanks in advance for educating me!
From my research, the valve cover (spent gasoline) is the "IN" port, and the "OUT" port is at the throttle body. On the 3 port versions they add a 2nd "IN" port usually right before the turbocharger. I was siding with getting the UPR oil catch can. But Mishmoto seems to have alot of variety for parts, not just oil catch cans.
Sponsored