• Total voters

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
just taking a poll to see what tune the majority of members have. Anyone had any engine defects with certain tunes because I’ve read a lot about members wanting the Ford tune for warranty purposes. Livernois seems to be a very popular choice because of customer service and performance. I’ve seen members have multiple tunes from other tuners please provide any insight.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I myself run the Livernois tune. Originally I was going to go with the Ford performance but because it was going to take so long to get it I got my money back and went to livernois's. I also found out that Livernois also makes the procal 4 for Ford performance. With that being said Livernois just make a very nice tune. One thing I really like about livernois's over Five Star Tuning is the fact that livernois's will allow the truck to adjust for elevation without major problems. There has been big issues in the past and possibly still now with 5-star Tunes not adjusting for the extreme high elevation in Colorado and other places. Why they do that I do not know but that is something I do know for sure.

OP
OP

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I myself run the Livernois tune. Originally I was going to go with the Ford performance but because it was going to take so long to get it I got my money back and went to livernois's. I also found out that Livernois also makes the procal 4 for Ford performance. With that being said Livernois just make a very nice tune. One thing I really like about livernois's over Five Star Tuning is the fact that livernois's will allow the truck to adjust for elevation without major problems. There has been big issues in the past and possibly still now with 5-star Tunes not adjusting for the extreme high elevation in Colorado and other places. Why they do that I do not know but that is something I do know for sure.
That’s what I’ve read as well as far as elevation. 5 star does come with a warranty at an additional cost I thought that was cool.

Shaun Harlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zr2 Colorado
I run custom tuning by zfg racing. 93 octane and e85 tunes. No other mods. His trans tuning is phenomenal and we'll he's e85 tune speaks for itself

Screenshot_20201118-184247.png

Screenshot_20201118-184217.png

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I run custom tuning by zfg racing. 93 octane and e85 tunes. No other mods. His trans tuning is phenomenal and we'll he's e85 tune speaks for itself

Screenshot_20201118-184247.png

Screenshot_20201118-184217.png
I just looked up ZFG and I did not lile the idea of no information on the available tunes. Other tuners have no problems posting that data so I have to question the quality.

Shaun Harlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zr2 Colorado
I just looked up ZFG and I did not lile the idea of no information on the available tunes. Other tuners have no problems posting that data so I have to question the quality.
It's zfg racing. He only does custom tunes. There is no canned tune per se, like all the other guys. Look at his Instagram, he's tuned many many ecoboost motors with amazing results. Basically you decide what you want and he tunes for that. His focus is power and reliability. If he has to turn it down some to keep the reliability in check he will. You want lighting fast shifts in sport mode, done. You want 87oct....done, you want 93 oct tow tune....done. just hit him up with any questions. Remember, this is a custom tune, you will be required to data log and submit said logs to him and he revises the tune until it's good. Expect to do 3-5 revisions......but it's worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: FoD

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase