Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
In his defense, he met me in the parking lot aisle between the rows. I was in a spot parked, and he drove by to make the swap.
I'm sure he went to a legit parking spot and got MP2 somewhat straight in it.
That’s a great explanation Chris, and I’m certain that’s exactly how it went down. You have no reason to embellish things.

However, for the purposes of this forum and because of all the comments Dave has thrown at poor @Tracy Bowman and @OrangeStreak , all I hear is I met Dave at Mecum and yadda, yadda, yadda, I got this picture of his truck in a janky parking position. 😀

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Drove over to Townsend grabbed a Cappuccino and then headed for the Little River Outfitters to browse the fly shop. Would rather be actually fly fishing, but waiting for my neurosurgeon to review my MRI before I do anything

Been laid up for 3 weeks and could not take any more cabin fever. Amazing spring day here in the Smokeys.

Sitting at home during best time of the year is killing me.
Hope you get back to that fly fishing soon. God bless you!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
That’s a great explanation Chris, and I’m certain that’s exactly how it went down. You have no reason to embellish things.

However, for the purposes of this forum and because of all the comments Dave has thrown at poor @Tracy Bowman and @OrangeStreak , all I hear is I met Dave at Mecum and yadda, yadda, yadda, I got this picture of his truck in a janky parking position. 😀
Ok, yeah. You've caught me out.
I was trying to protect our friend, but obviously there are just some things that cannot be covered up.
🤪

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

Dave made me feel like this...

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
its been raining for a couple days here. so me and the 5g splashed around in all the puddles and flooded parts of the streets. 1. its fun 2. free undercarriage wash. looked kinda like this but better - since i was driving a 5g instead of a cruise ship...
my son loves taking the truck on rainy days so daddy can drive through puddles

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
today the 5g and i did some exploring around an old oil boom town thats now 99.9% gone. Oil City Texas. Only some crumbled foundations, rotten wood, and rusty old oil works scattered about is what one can see. However, some modern workings have gone on in the spot and one or two that look current. the original was about 100 years ago. place was empty by 1927-28 as they moved to other sites. a lot of the old city is now private owned ranch land so i didnt get to see that part. was a post office and bars at one point. it looked like some parts of the original structures were on the private land but i dont dare cross a fence or risk trespassing. trespassers get shot at in texas.
1710726950644-vh.jpg
1710727028930-5u.jpg
1710727092868-i1.jpg
1710727110464-ff.jpg
1710727388825-86.jpg
1710727595726-b1.jpg
1710727804666-is.png

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I did a post on the trips section but it was such an awesome time I had to add it here. I went to Crater Lake and did a snow shoe hike of 4 miles. Absolutely the most perfect weather on Saturday! A 777 mile trip in the Ranger.

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I did a post on the trips section but it was such an awesome time I had to add it here. I went to Crater Lake and did a snow shoe hike of 4 miles. Absolutely the most perfect weather on Saturday! A 777 mile trip in the Ranger.

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg
wow what a view! would make a great postcard, computer desktop, or calendar photo

JoeDop1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired engineer
Performed a 5k five-wheel rotation at 29,000 miles. When I was done, the aftermarket BTF UCA's were making all sorts of racket. One day later they were still noisy. So, I lifted my front end again and squirted the uni-ball and Heim joints with more Tri-Lube. Success! Scrappy was no longer Squeaky. All is well. If I had to do it over again, I would not get UCA's with Heim joints.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
today me and Abbs did some dirt road exploring and found an old bridge. It looks like it has not helped anyone or anything across the river in at least 50 years...
DSCN1435 E.jpg
DSCN1437.JPG

DSCN1436.JPG
I love the old bridges. That one is interesting. I wonder if it was just to get those pipes over , or if it ever had a deck on it for vehicles and people.

Here is one near Jeffersontown Ky., Long since abandoned. In fact the bridge that replaced it has now been replaced. Also it is within sight of the somewhat infamous goat man trestle.

The trestle has a long and morbid history. Over a dozen people have lost their lives there. As a teen ager in the 60S I made many trips to the trestle but fortunately had enough sense not to cross it.

If you have 14 minutes to kill here is an interesting video.
bridge near tressel web.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I love the old bridges. That one is interesting. I wonder if it was just to get those pipes over , or if it ever had a deck on it for vehicles and people.

Here is one near Jeffersontown Ky., Long since abandoned. In fact the bridge that replaced it has now been replaced. Also it is within sight of the somewhat infamous goat man trestle.

The trestle has a long and morbid history. Over a dozen people have lost their lives there. As a teen ager in the 60S I made many trips to the trestle but fortunately had enough sense not to cross it.

If you have 14 minutes to kill here is an interesting video.
bridge near tressel web.jpg
its funny the story mentions goat man and the bridge haunting etc. one near me has a similar "history" . https://www.legendsofamerica.com/tx-alton/

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
wow what a view! would make a great postcard, computer desktop, or calendar photo
Mark I have done my own calendars for 20 years. I do 100 of them and give them to family, friends and coworkers for Christmas presents. It's a gift that lasts a whole year. Last year/this year was Mt. Rainier and Olympic Peninsula. For 2025 it just might be Crater Lake????
Sponsored