Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

Kristina

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kristina
Joined
Aug 6, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
681
Reaction score
5,127
Location
Estonia
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Kristina I just looked up this DPF Regen issue out of curiosity - so your commute is not long enough to get the engine hot enough to catalyze diesel emissions and you've got to drive around and look at rabbits? Ouch!

Did the dealer factor short commutes into your previous diesel emission issue?
DPF regeneration may start in random moment, the vehicle starts it automatically if conditions are fulfilled. With cold exhaust regeneration doesn’t start, it’s a burning process.
By Forscan my Ranger does DPF regeneration regularly. I drive about 3000 km in month, including rabbits counting. That’s more than many company trucks run.
Still, every such malfunction case related to DPF should be handled separately and can’t assume same root cause.
Unlike some other brand diesel vehicles Ford has hidden this burning process visibility from driver so well there is no way you can notice it while driving.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

ControlNode

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,739
Reaction score
3,766
Location
Eastern NC
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Thanks for always entertaining my questions. It's interesting to hear about modern diesel systems - they're unfortunately quite rare in the USA.
Or some redneck gets mad about it not being as simple as his old diesel from 1982 and does an illegal delete mod to remove it.
 

TVRangerSTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Threads
4
Messages
749
Reaction score
3,655
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Took a ride the other day and stopped when I saw this nice '21 XL 4x4 SCab 4 Sale. Only 18k miles, asking $24,900?? He said he had to fix the drivers side doors, and bed side. I couldn't tell, he did a great job. Reminded me of my old '04, if I was in the market...?

20230114_151359.jpg
 

ctechbob

Well-Known Member
First Name
Shawn
Joined
Feb 2, 2021
Threads
32
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
4,267
Location
30666
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Nothing....because the F-ing body shop can't get the part to finish fixing the kids (Jeep Compass/Deer Strike)car. That means that I'm DD'ing the Type-S and the wife has the truck, while the kid tools around in the 03 Accord (Wife's car). Stupid Stellantis and their supply chain issues.

They keep pushing the damned date back as well. Originally it was Jan 6, and now it is the 13th. I fully expect that it will get stretched out some more.

</Rant>

Well, FINALLY, kid got her car back today, so everything is back to the way it should be. I've got to clean out the interior of the Ranger, but at least I have it back...with an empty tank of gas....wives.
 


UncleWillie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2022
Threads
10
Messages
114
Reaction score
257
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT Tremor
I had a "Oh yeah - I forgot about that" moment last night. Needed mulch and pine straw. I bought 12 bags of mulch, and 8 round bails of straw. Then I realized that I have 5' bed with rollup tonneau cover and two swing cases. Luckily, I keep about a dozen ratchet straps in those swing cases. I had to get creative to work around the wheel wells and swing cases.
1674220298197.webp
 

TVRangerSTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Threads
4
Messages
749
Reaction score
3,655
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Tonneau cover came in. Now I am waiting for my bonus to come in so I can by my leveling kit and a few other things

PXL_20230120_142558272.jpg
Sorry Clark, no level kit for you!

jelly of the month club.webp
 

MrBusses

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
152
Reaction score
587
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4dr FX4
Occupation
Ford SMT
Sorry Clark, no level kit for you!

jelly of the month club.jpg

? It's a technician reward from Ford they give us x amount of points for various levels of training and we can spend those points on their rewards site which is way over priced or convert the points to a master card. Which everyone does. So now I am just waiting for the card to come in
 

ControlNode

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,739
Reaction score
3,766
Location
Eastern NC
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Tonneau cover came in. Now I am waiting for my bonus to come in so I can by my leveling kit and a few other things

PXL_20230120_142558272.jpg
I still highly prefer the low profile tonneau covers. But, the functionality is the important part of the cover, and that look like it'll do the job just fine.
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,223
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
 








Top