Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Went for a leisurely drive along the lake into town to the coin-op car wash after re-arranging the gear on my Rhino Rack. I went total dirtbag with the spare, recovery shovel, hi-lift, rifle case, and traction boards all mounted up top.

Of course, I can only get away with this at the cottage where I don’t have to worry about fitting in the garage.

1D7BCF03-2154-4586-96C2-55FDD6102465.jpeg

F1065EDF-231F-42B6-93AA-56A6EDE07C1F.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I tested the noise at different speeds and it increases with the speed. It sounded like it was coming from the rear seating area but its tricky to try and detect sound location with the different variables.
In our SCab, we sometimes notice a little road noise from the vents behind the rear seats.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
gave it a good wash after doing a 1100 mile round trip...the return trip hauling a 5x8 Uhaul trailer full of furniture plus my wife and two kids gave about 18 MPG at a steady 66 mph

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
gave it a good wash after doing a 1100 mile round trip...the return trip hauling a 5x8 Uhaul trailer full of furniture plus my wife and two kids gave about 18 MPG at a steady 66 mph
So a trailer full of furniture and family? That's the only way to travel!

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Drove west across the state to Pittsburgh for an iron and steel conference (I'm supposed to be retired)...24.8 mpg for about 300 miles, all interstate, great ride! Lots of bugs, despite the bugflector. Love this truck.

20220515_184952.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Went on a 411-mile road trip yesterday into the mountains of Reserve, NM located in the SW part of our state and here are 3 results:

1. This is my 3rd sizeable road trip with this truck. Again, I'm amazed at how it tracks, handles and rides on the open road. It has the stability of a big wider track car. My biggest vehicle was an old school Impala in the days when they believed bigger is better with a soft ride. I swear that the Ranger did as well at that man size Chevy!

2. The AVS Bugflector II did its job. Not a spot on the hood and few splotches on the windshield but not an issue there...probably these guys were flying about the deflector when they connected. Expand the pics for a better view of the deflector.

3. The in-cabin wind noise at freeway speeds is driving me up a wall. Music too distorted to listen to. Am going to try a few fixes on my own and if that doesn't work taking to the Dealer...still under warranty.

Bugflector test 1.jpg

Bugflector test 3.jpg
i get a fair amount of wind noise in mine also. ive noticed i get dirt from off road all the way in the doors up to the rubber seals. i wonder if thats a sign i need mine adjusted? i know a bit of dirt is normal but mine is a lot. Does your have that issue with dirt and dust ?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Went for a leisurely drive along the lake into town to the coin-op car wash after re-arranging the gear on my Rhino Rack. I went total dirtbag with the spare, recovery shovel, hi-lift, rifle case, and traction boards all mounted up top.

Of course, I can only get away with this at the cottage where I don’t have to worry about fitting in the garage.

1D7BCF03-2154-4586-96C2-55FDD6102465.jpeg

F1065EDF-231F-42B6-93AA-56A6EDE07C1F.jpeg
is it as difficult as it looks to get the spare tire up on the rack? love your bed top, i want one but they too expensive.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i get a fair amount of wind noise in mine also. ive noticed i get dirt from off road all the way in the doors up to the rubber seals. i wonder if thats a sign i need mine adjusted? i know a bit of dirt is normal but mine is a lot. Does your have that issue with dirt and dust ?
Haven't seen any excessive dust or dirt yet which would show because I live in a dry desert area with a lot of wind lately. I will check around the seals to see what that looks like.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
is it as difficult as it looks to get the spare tire up on the rack? love your bed top, i want one but they too expensive.
Hey Mark,

Thanks, I needed the topper to keep my tools safe and dry, so I really couldn’t worry about the cost. Adding the Rhino Rack wasn’t necessary but…….mods.

The tire was placed up top before the other items. It’s a heavy spare but it’s easier than it looks to put it up there.

Open topper window, lower tailgate, close topper window, lift spare onto tailgate, stand on tailgate facing length of tailgate, roll spare onto upper leg while raising knee, flop spare to the side so top edge catches the rack, and leverage the spare up and onto the rack.

It helps to be damper free. ??

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey Mark,

Thanks, I needed the topper to keep my tools safe and dry, so I really couldn’t worry about the cost. Adding the Rhino Rack wasn’t necessary but…….mods.

The tire was placed up top before the other items. It’s a heavy spare but it’s easier than it looks to put it up there.

Open topper window, lower tailgate, close topper window, lift spare onto tailgate, stand on tailgate facing length of tailgate, roll spare onto upper leg while raising knee, flop spare to the side so top edge catches the rack, and leverage the spare up and onto the rack.

It helps to be damper free.
??
I'd have barely enough strength to open the topper window now never mind the rest. :frown:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I'd have barely enough strength to open the topper window now never mind the rest. :frown:
You’d be in luck there Dave, the topper window has gas struts to help you out.

Oh, did I mention how much the weight and bulk of all that gear increases my gas mileage? ??‍♂
Sponsored