RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I imported my Nissan Patrol from Guatemala. It was delivered Dec 24. Ford made a Patrol twin called the Ford Maverick, only sold in Australia (and NZ, I believe). So I took pics of both together. Thinking maybe I’ll rebrand the Patrol with Ford. Either way, not many people know about the Patrol or Maverick. I could say it’s a Lada and people would believe me.

C60786D1-7B1D-4119-8A4B-BCA5DB1A49C0.jpeg

2814465A-64D4-499E-BF89-524F9DF11B19.jpeg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Today was help a neighbor in need. Hot water tank failed. He called a plumber who told him it would be Tuesday or Wednesday before he could replace the tank. So up to home depot for a new hot water tank with the neighbor. Another neighbor started pulling the old tank while we were gone. Snagged a high quality Rheem 40 gallon natural gas model with electric ignition. Got back to his house, other neighbor had the old tank standing outside the garage. The three of us put the new tank on its pedestal and hooked it up in no time. Tuesday I will take the old tank to the transfer station......

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Hi Folks,

Today was help a neighbor in need. Hot water tank failed. He called a plumber who told him it would be Tuesday or Wednesday before he could replace the tank. So up to home depot for a new hot water tank with the neighbor. Another neighbor started pulling the old tank while we were gone. Snagged a high quality Rheem 40 gallon natural gas model with electric ignition. Got back to his house, other neighbor had the old tank standing outside the garage. The three of us put the new tank on its pedestal and hooked it up in no time. Tuesday I will take the old tank to the transfer station......

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Wish you were my next door neighbor, Phil. But I don't think you or Tito would like our Minnesota winters!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Folks,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,

When I replaced mine I took the old one out to the curb. I swear I wasn't in the house 10 minutes and it was gone. There's always someone driving around here looking for scrap metal/junk. We have bulk pickup the first Weds of every month and they're out in full force the day before picking stuff up.A neighbor down the street just put out a washer/dryer and I'm betting it's gone by tomorrow.

jss81258

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Occupation
Fixed equipment inspector
Hi Phil,

When I replaced mine I took the old one out to the curb. I swear I wasn't in the house 10 minutes and it was gone. There's always someone driving around here looking for scrap metal/junk. We have bulk pickup the first Weds of every month and they're out in full force the day before picking stuff up.A neighbor down the street just put out a washer/dryer and I'm betting it's gone by tomorrow.
I replaced mine about a week ago. Same for me, put the old water heater at the road for bulk pickup and it was gone within an hour.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
On a serious note i spent ten years in the Navy tracking Russian subs.

FB_IMG_1519716523536.jpg
Eric, That looks like the inside of a P-3 ? I had a friend in the Navy who did the same thing. He let me come on board to check it out when he was stationed at Moffit Field.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wish you were my next door neighbor, Phil. But I don't think you or Tito would like our Minnesota winters!
Hi Al,

Well....AZ law is on Tito's side. It is illegal to transport a Sonoran Desert Tortoise over state lines. Caught...Max is 1 year in jail and $750 fine...

Spent many cold weather testing trips for two weeks at a time to Bemidji. We needed -40°, so here we are at 2am...doing cold starts and driveability assessments. Done testing all night...we were having beer at 6am before sleep for the next night. Worst was to change out a carburetor at -40°...wrench freezing to your ungloved hand.... or a distributor change and needing a timing light that refused to blink in the cold....Sheesh!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
Another weekend, another curio cabinet purchased. The lovely wife is trying to kill me, not so lol.

This one was purchased from her aunt. It used to belong to my wife's grandmother.

We got it inside without a scratch or breaking any glass. We have a perfect record...eight purchased, picked up and set in place by us, none damaged.

The Ranger was a joy to drive, as usual. :)

IMG_20201227_132942740.jpg

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
ANOTHER dentist/endodonist appointment???

059CE8BE-AFEB-4886-A010-4D66203004CB.jpeg

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Went to the range today with my dad. Was a fairly nice day for December.
20201228_120332.jpg

Saw another fellow Ranger owner there and gave a wave as he was leaving. Anyone here with a silver SuperCrew sport at the range today?

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Cold morning? Miami?

What, was it almost 60?
Surprisingly it was a cold 48* when I first got to the trails. I welcome it too, it’s always hot and humid. Certainly a nice change of pace.