IdahoRanger
Well-Known Member
Hopefully you made an appointment before you arrived.
Sponsored
My fly fishing buddy from church is a retired geologist and he worked in Owyhee County for many years. Still registers his plates there on his old Landcruiser. He did that so the locals wouldn't give him grief while working there. He would analyze core samples for the mines during exploration and sometimes pulling out ore. Looks like an awesome trip!Ranger made a trip to Silver City, Idaho a mining ghost town in the Owyhee mountains. HWY 78 starts with 7 miles of paved road then another 15 miles of dirt/gravel road.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I'm not THAT regular!!Hopefully you made an appointment before you arrived.
![]()
That is something I didn't need to know.I'm not THAT regular!!![]()
Beautiful location!My fly fishing buddy from church is a retired geologist and he worked in Owyhee County for many years. Still registers his plates there on his old Landcruiser. He did that so the locals wouldn't give him grief while working there. He would analyze core samples for the mines during exploration and sometimes pulling out ore. Looks like an awesome trip!
They do have a couple pit toilets for visitors. Most houses are privately owned and get vandalized so they are locked up. Some people use the old cabins for summer camps.I'm not THAT regular!!![]()
Sounds like a great job seeing the backcountry.My fly fishing buddy from church is a retired geologist and he worked in Owyhee County for many years. Still registers his plates there on his old Landcruiser. He did that so the locals wouldn't give him grief while working there. He would analyze core samples for the mines during exploration and sometimes pulling out ore. Looks like an awesome trip!
Getting to tour the old buildings would be so cool! I love old west/frontier history.They do have a couple pit toilets for visitors. Most houses are privately owned and get vandalized so they are locked up. Some people use the old cabins for summer camps.
I do too! We did something similar when we were in Silverton, CO a few years ago but there was still to much snow (It was July 3rd too) to do it with the Ranger so we rented a side x side. They have a bunch of old houses from where the miners use to stay and you could go inside and check them out too. It's crazy how they use to live out there through the brutal winters with really no way of getting back into town until spring when the snow melted.Getting to tour the old buildings would be so cool! I love old west/frontier history.
Looks like someone's having fish with a side of snake for dinner. lolWell I should have left last Tuesday for my annual Wisconsin fly fishing trip with a buddy, but he had emergency oral surgery last weekend, plan was to head for Michigan Wednesday to meet a different buddy… 5.5 inches of rain changed that plan. Had to fix an erosion problem.
At least I got a couple hours out near the house….
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Not a snake expert. Bull Snake?Well I should have left last Tuesday for my annual Wisconsin fly fishing trip with a buddy, but he had emergency oral surgery last weekend, plan was to head for Michigan Wednesday to meet a different buddy… 5.5 inches of rain changed that plan. Had to fix an erosion problem.
At least I got a couple hours out near the house….
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Common northern water snake. I usually see at least one while fishing.Not a snake expert. Bull Snake?
Fortunately here in north Idaho we don't have anything venomous. Even the bears aren't!!Common northern water snake. I usually see at least one while fishing.