Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

Ranger Mel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mel
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
548
Reaction score
2,970
Location
Post Falls, Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4 Tow Package
Occupation
RETIRED (as of 6/11/25) Sports Med, Health and PE Teacher
Thanks for asking. Main thing is I survived about 7 hrs on the surgery table. The doctors said it went well. For the first few days I felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck. Next was a trip to a rehab place. I am improving daily learning to live with fused vertebrae. Heading home Thursday.

Learning to drive a stick on a mach 1 is like putting a person that has never ridden a horse on a horse that has never been ridden. There is going to be a show😅

I hope to get back to driving a manual by spring so I'm going to need the steed to satisfy my need for speed. 😅😅
Glad you're on the mend! Prayers for continued recovery and improvement. The right rehab hospital can be a blessing. I spent two weeks at the one in my town after getting IVIG treatment for Guillain-Barre Syndrome a year ago. Take care of that back! Driving that Mach I would be incentive for me!! 😁
Sponsored

 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Glad you're on the mend! Prayers for continued recovery and improvement. The right rehab hospital can be a blessing. I spent two weeks at the one in my town after getting IVIG treatment for Guillain-Barre Syndrome a year ago. Take care of that back! Driving that Mach I would be incentive for me!! 😁
🤫 I'll bring it by in a few weeks once Annies done with it. :wink:
 

Ranger Mel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mel
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
548
Reaction score
2,970
Location
Post Falls, Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4 Tow Package
Occupation
RETIRED (as of 6/11/25) Sports Med, Health and PE Teacher
Last edited:

gfitzge2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gregg
Joined
Nov 7, 2018
Threads
6
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
7,011
Location
Louisville, Kentucky
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
1
Glad you're on the mend! Prayers for continued recovery and improvement. The right rehab hospital can be a blessing. I spent two weeks at the one in my town after getting IVIG treatment for Guillain-Barre Syndrome a year ago. Take care of that back! Driving that Mach I would be incentive for me!! 😁
Thanks. Today is my last day at rehab they have been very helpful.
You are right, driving the Mach 1 is a great incentive, especially if I can drive it to a beach ⛱
 

gfitzge2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gregg
Joined
Nov 7, 2018
Threads
6
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
7,011
Location
Louisville, Kentucky
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
1


AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Thing 1 turns 16, so I went out and got them a Ranger of their own.

20260228_095641.webp
Nice! But you should've bought her 2 of them.

For when the 10R80 fails on the first one she'll still have another. :oops:
 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,699
Reaction score
8,087
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol

JohnnyO

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jon
Joined
Apr 8, 2021
Threads
23
Messages
1,989
Reaction score
6,229
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Changed the oil. Every 5k.
Valvoline 5w-30 Restore and Protect.
Mobil 1 M-209A filter.
 

Trustable

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Threads
14
Messages
816
Reaction score
2,058
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
This was last night, but after spending 30 minutes looking for and finding 3 not checked/cracked 4x4s from Lowe’s, I loaded up the ranger with that and a bunch of 2x4s and headed home. Left my workbench at my old house as the mice in the detached garage liked it and I really didn’t feel like dragging it up here and then cleaning it so I’m gonna build a new one at the this place. Thinking 6ft x 3ft? I’ve got a total of 3 4x4s for the legs and then 8 2x4s for the remainder of the frame. Need to figure out what to use for a top as well. Last time I used particle board that I basically turned into plastic with daily coatings of poly for a few weeks, but I think I might get something a bit nicer this time and easier to replace.
 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,699
Reaction score
8,087
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
Let's see here.
What did I do with my Ranger today?🤔
We had to work today, no surprise there. 🙄
On the way home I made a pit stop at Casey's General store and topped it off with 89, then I drove through a brutal probably 40 mph cross wind on 82. Full Credit to ALL of the truck drivers that can handle them big rigs when the wind is blowing across the highway like that. Last stop of the day was Braums for a bag of cheese burgers and a large order of fries to go. Then made a run for home.
Happy and Safe travels drivers!
Sponsored

 
 








Top