Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
So sorry to hear about Cheech. It is never easy to say goodbye to these amazing creatures.
Thanks, he was a very special guy, just like anyone's furry friend. And it sure isn't easy for those goodbyes.

If I could get drunk on 303 Graphene, I'd be all set but ...

1732209974124-bs.jpg
Sponsored

 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Thanks, he was there when we snuck a peek at the new Ranger the night before the salesman even knew it was in their lot. =)

This forum has been a wonderful place for comradery and is filled with really great people.

Thanks all for being decent human beings and Ranger lovers. =)

1732209275262-su.jpg
When I'd see Cheech I always thought of this. ?

1732210460924-f9.webp
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
When I'd see Cheech I always thought of this. ?

1732210460924-f9.jpg
Amen and 100%!

Thanks Dave - the smile you gave me with that almost makes up for all the damper and 303 brainwashing! =p
 

LawnMM

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Oct 9, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
945
Reaction score
3,034
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
It's been a sad week and today's dump run was a sad one.

The first I've done without Cheech around. We had to let him go this week, he's now sitting on God's lap.

fitting that it's a rainy day ....
20241121_100148.jpg


I'm pretty sure his bed is now permanent
bed.jpg


always in our hearts like this =)
Cheech-road-trip.jpg
Really sorry to hear this. Always sucks to send one home. Miss mine all the time. Dread the day when I have to do the same for the oldest in the house currently.

I think the key, though, and I'm sure you know, is that I'd never trade the years of amusement and good times for a couple bad weeks at the end dealing with the loss. It's not even a choice, right?

Remember the good times ?
 

RedlandRanger

Moderator
First Name
Rob
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Threads
44
Messages
5,193
Reaction score
11,366
Location
Oregon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
1
Really sorry to hear this. Always sucks to send one home. Miss mine all the time. Dread the day when I have to do the same for the oldest in the house currently.

I think the key, though, and I'm sure you know, is that I'd never trade the years of amusement and good times for a couple bad weeks at the end dealing with the loss. It's not even a choice, right?

Remember the good times ?
I always say these periods are the price we pay for inviting these creatures into our lives. And even though it is incredibly difficult, I'd make the same decision again - and again.
 


subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Really sorry to hear this. Always sucks to send one home. Miss mine all the time. Dread the day when I have to do the same for the oldest in the house currently.

I think the key, though, and I'm sure you know, is that I'd never trade the years of amusement and good times for a couple bad weeks at the end dealing with the loss. It's not even a choice, right?

Remember the good times ?
Thank you for that, it's easy to wallow in despair but he really was perfect for me and Kate.

We're gonna get there but man, it just sucks.

We had Fred, an Australian Shepherd, for 16 years and when he passed I'd wake up, even a year later, crying.

I'm not a tough macho guy, just pretty average, but I don't apologize for crying for my selfish pain in missing them. It'll pass and you know, it's probably time to get over it and make room for another little guy that could really use a loving home. =)

Once gone, they're free from pain and, I believe, can still guide us. Certainly the love he filled my heart with is inspirational.

Thanks. =)
 

gfitzge2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gregg
Joined
Nov 7, 2018
Threads
6
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
7,011
Location
Louisville, Kentucky
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
1
It's been a sad week and today's dump run was a sad one.

The first I've done without Cheech around. We had to let him go this week, he's now sitting on God's lap.

fitting that it's a rainy day ....
20241121_100148.jpg


I'm pretty sure his bed is now permanent
bed.jpg


always in our hearts like this =)
Cheech-road-trip.jpg
Sorry to hear that Dave. Just remember that the pain and sadness will dull with time, but all the great memories will last forever.
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Sorry to hear that Dave. Just remember that the pain and sadness will dull with time, but all the great memories will last forever.
Thank you, and we do have some great memories. I have a 10 minute video of him in Vermont fascinated by a tiny garter snake that was soaking up the sun in some stone steps. He knew to keep his distance but he had a blast barking at it.

And lots of kayaking memories. LOL, we went through 4 brands of life jackets looking for one that fit him really well. I didn't do that for myself! =)

1732213389200-z3.jpg
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I always say these periods are the price we pay for inviting these creatures into our lives. And even though it is incredibly difficult, I'd make the same decision again - and again.
I need to keep thinking of that. We went 10 years after Fred died before getting Cheech. I feel selfish that I didn't use that time to give another little guy a good home.

Thanks for your kind words - you, and almost everyone on this forum (and you know who you are), are awesome! =D
 

RedlandRanger

Moderator
First Name
Rob
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Threads
44
Messages
5,193
Reaction score
11,366
Location
Oregon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
1
I need to keep thinking of that. We went 10 years after Fred died before getting Cheech. I feel selfish that I didn't use that time to give another little guy a good home.

Thanks for your kind words - you, and almost everyone on this forum (and you know who you are), are awesome! =D
It is really hard to know when the right time is to get another animal. I only waited 4 months after our previous dog was gone. I really missed having a dog around and being able to take him hiking with me. Our current dog is 8 (I can't believe we've had him that long!) and I know it will be REALLY, REALLY hard when his time comes. I'm hoping that won't be for many years.....
 

LawnMM

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Oct 9, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
945
Reaction score
3,034
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
Thank you for that, it's easy to wallow in despair but he really was perfect for me and Kate.

We're gonna get there but man, it just sucks.

We had Fred, an Australian Shepherd, for 16 years and when he passed I'd wake up, even a year later, crying.

I'm not a tough macho guy, just pretty average, but I don't apologize for crying for my selfish pain in missing them. It'll pass and you know, it's probably time to get over it and make room for another little guy that could really use a loving home. =)

Once gone, they're free from pain and, I believe, can still guide us. Certainly the love he filled my heart with is inspirational.

Thanks. =)
No shame in it man. I bawled like a little kid when my GSD went, he was my buddy and it was horrible. However, I believe they're still with us.

I've seen em. That thing where you do a little double take because you catch a glimpse of your now gone dog out of the corner of your eye ?

Happened a few times here at the house with different pets now passed. I think they stay with us ? or they at least check in from time to time.
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
It is really hard to know when the right time is to get another animal. I only waited 4 months after our previous dog was gone. I really missed having a dog around and being able to take him hiking with me. Our current dog is 8 (I can't believe we've had him that long!) and I know it will be REALLY, REALLY hard when his time comes. I'm hoping that won't be for many years.....
What's your current dog's name? They are such great buddies and perfect for the Ranger. =)
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
No shame in it man. I bawled like a little kid when my GSD went, he was my buddy and it was horrible. However, I believe they're still with us.

I've seen em. That thing where you do a little double take because you catch a glimpse of your now gone dog out of the corner of your eye ?

Happened a few times here at the house with different pets now passed. I think they stay with us ? or they at least check in from time to time.
Same here, I thought I heard him dreaming at my feet this morning. I have a heating pad and donut bed for him under my table where I work.

I believe you on them checking in on us. They're okay over on the other side and I think they still want to make sure we're good.

Thanks. =)
 

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,525
Reaction score
22,583
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I need to keep thinking of that. We went 10 years after Fred died before getting Cheech. I feel selfish that I didn't use that time to give another little guy a good home.

Thanks for your kind words - you, and almost everyone on this forum (and you know who you are), are awesome! =D
After 2 1/2 years from losing my girl we finally adopted a 9 year old rescue that came with kennel cough and worms but now is healthy. He has adopted us as well and is super sweet. Our older dog is 12 and now deaf but doing well.

Tony on the right is the rescue and Joey 12 is on the left.

jandt.jpg
 
Last edited:

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
After 2 1/2 years from losing my girl we finally adopted a 9 year old rescue that came with kennel cough and worms but now is healthy. He has adopted us as well and is super sweet. Our older dog is 12 and now deaf but doing well.

Rescue is Tony on the right and Joey 12 is on the left.

jandt.jpg
What awesome guys! Thanks for sharing the pic, sure raised my spirits. =)

Much love to Tony and Joey - some wonderful pups for sure!

This was Cheech before we got him, about age 8, trying to be a tough guy at the municipal pound in a Christmas sweater.

1732215648397-oy.jpg
!
Sponsored

 
 








Top