Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,674
Reaction score
20,649
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Soupie III is even a better option.
I'm drooling all over this local beauty.

1722647975778-sv.webp
We$$$tern $tar make$ nice truck$.

I'd still rather have a Kenworth.
Sponsored

 

OrangeStreak

Well-Known Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Threads
32
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
13,984
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Livin' the dream with Soupie! =D

Two (2!) dump runs this morning. The first was helping my neighbor. The same that I helped a few weeks back with a fallen tree. And he was a retired Army vet. Sadly, he passed away this week. =(

But his son-in-law came over to help out and trimmed some bushes and took down an old and pretty rotted trash can shed.

Kate brought them a locally-made 12 pound lasagna earlier yesterday and I went over after work.

transfer station now charges $15 for this!
1000002852.jpg


then $40 for 2 ACs (free sandwich on 3rd run?) =p
1000002853.jpg


older Ranger and a Maverick (plus saw two 5th gen Rangers on the road) =)
1000002854.jpg
David,
Where were you when I needed you? Last month I did some yardwork which created a dump run that would have put you in hog-heaven... :turkey: Cut down a tree and trimmed 3 hedges:



Base of tree (zoomed) with arrow.jpg


Pile of remains (jpg).jpg


Back yard (jpg).jpg


Front yard (hedge 1) jpg.jpg


Front yard (hedge 2) jpg.jpg
 
Last edited:

ControlNode

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,739
Reaction score
3,766
Location
Eastern NC
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Soupie doesn't always bring stuff to the dump, sometimes Soupie picks stuff up!

My first week-long vacation of the year and we're gonna tear down a Pinex ceiling and insulate and drywall. Luckily it's a small job, only 11 sheetrock panels.

I know da way - follow me y'all!
20240802_164156.webp


woof, some thirsty stuff to be doin' on a hot day! oh oh, wearing a Home Depot vest!?!
20240802_164215.jpg


will it fit? 5 batts of insulation and associated goodies
20240802_172151.jpg


go, Soupie, go! Cheech's auntie Michelle, my daughter-in-law and Pro Desk Manager (but, sadly, no discount for us)
20240802_172854.jpg
I've been redoing my kitchen floor, down to the subfloor, and down to the joist in a couple area. Having my Ranger has been a very big help with getting that done. Today and tomorrow the last layers of plywood go in, joist jacks go under, and I measure for the leveling pour before the new tile can be installed.
 

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,837
Reaction score
23,522
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Soupie doesn't always bring stuff to the dump, sometimes Soupie picks stuff up!

My first week-long vacation of the year and we're gonna tear down a Pinex ceiling and insulate and drywall. Luckily it's a small job, only 11 sheetrock panels.

I know da way - follow me y'all!
20240802_164156.jpg


woof, some thirsty stuff to be doin' on a hot day! oh oh, wearing a Home Depot vest!?!
20240802_164215.jpg


will it fit? 5 batts of insulation and associated goodies
20240802_172151.jpg


go, Soupie, go! Cheech's auntie Michelle, my daughter-in-law and Pro Desk Manager (but, sadly, no discount for us)
20240802_172854.jpg
I love your toenail pedicure !
 

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,837
Reaction score
23,522
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Michelle gets a deeper discount but that doesn't apply to parents (or parent-laws).

I went for an Air Force post many years ago, got the letters of recomendation (including from a Brigadier General and Cap Weinberger's undersecretary), and there was even a spot for me as a Missile Launch Captain in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Passed the psych eval, even saying I'd have no qualms about detroying a city of 70,000.

It was strange that the final part of the physical came after all that. But it did and I failed the vision test. =(

I had taken the MCAT and scored well enough to get into mid-range med schools and that was going to be part of my military career.

My biggest regret was not trying for a medical exemption. =(

What a different life that would have been.

Guess being here with all of you is an honor too. One that makes me smile but that I don't take for granted (alrhough the pressure to buy 303 stuff is sometimes tough).

God Bless all those who serve and let us get all riled up about what tire size to get. Freedom.
File a request with the Department of Veterans Affairs..whatever medical problems you have now say it’s service connected. If you have military medical records send them to me (MD, Medical records analyst) and I will take a look…I have done this for many Veterans over the years..I got a Marine payed back to 1956..mucho dinero ..
 


Grumpaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
84
Messages
6,045
Reaction score
30,193
Location
Fishersville, Va.
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2021 Ranger, Now 2019 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
It's more of "what I got FOR my Ranger".....
I bought a genuine FORD part, in a Ford box, for a direct fit FOR my FORD Ranger, from a member who bought this genuine FORD part FOR his FORD Ranger. I will further post when this genuine FORD part arrives and I install it on my FORD.
Since this FORD part is an addition to, and not replacing a part, there will be no FORD parts that someone could possibly use on some other make !!! :crackup:
 

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,674
Reaction score
20,649
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
It's more of "what I got FOR my Ranger".....
I bought a genuine FORD part, in a Ford box, for a direct fit FOR my FORD Ranger, from a member who bought this genuine FORD part FOR his FORD Ranger. I will further post when this genuine FORD part arrives and I install it on my FORD.
Since this FORD part is an addition to, and not replacing a part, there will be no FORD parts that someone could possibly use on some other make !!! :crackup:
To be clear, is this a FFR part?
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Big outing for the Ranger today. I moved it over five feet so my friends have room to park next to it when they show up this afternoon to visit us for the weekend.

0.0038 miles and averaged 25 mpg, so it was a pretty good trip.
 

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,526
Reaction score
22,588
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Big outing for the Ranger today. I moved it over five feet so my friends have room to park next to it when they show up this afternoon to visit us for the weekend.

0.0038 miles and averaged 25 mpg, so it was a pretty good trip.
Mine is sitting in the garage since Wed having been most of the way to the cabin then turning around to home, making it a 4 hour drive when my wife had another cardiac arrest. ☹ Been using her car since.
 
Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Mine is sitting in the garage since Wed being most of the way to the cabin then turning around to home, making it a 4 hour drive when my wife had another cardiac arrest. ☹ Been using her car since.
Oh man Steve. Sorry to hear that. Hoping for the best for you folks. Now let’s get 2024 in your rear view mirror.
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Mine is sitting in the garage since Wed being most of the way to the cabin then turning around to home, making it a 4 hour drive when my wife had another cardiac arrest. ☹ Been using her car since.
Wow Steve I hope that Mrs.IdahoRanger is doing ok. Thoughts and prayers go out for you both! ?
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Big outing for the Ranger today. I moved it over five feet so my friends have room to park next to it when they show up this afternoon to visit us for the weekend.

0.0038 miles and averaged 25 mpg, so it was a pretty good trip.
:inspect: Now it's leaning to much to the right! :shock::oops:
Sponsored

 
 








Top