Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

Synfulz

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Oct 22, 2021
Threads
112
Messages
1,615
Reaction score
7,855
Location
Philippines
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
1
Just know that your karma is going through the roof, in a good way, for your dump runs.

Now I do agree that moving sucks!


This helps with my aching back:
1688676142430.webp
I am on my 3rd house in 18 months here. But 3rd time the charm.?
Sponsored

 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
I am on my 3rd house in 18 months here. But 3rd time the charm.?
I don't think I could do it! I dread moving and already told Annie we're selling everything but our cloths when we move. lol It's easier (and probably cheaper) to buy all new furniture with the cost of moving now. And like Bob I don't think my back could take it. I still have no idea how I'll move my gun safe. That weighs 1,150 lbs dry! :shock:

She loves to keep everything and has separation issues. ?‍♂ I guess the only good thing is she won't get rid of me anytime soon.? But every time she goes back to Chicago for meetings I get rid of more stuff. ?
 

Synfulz

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Oct 22, 2021
Threads
112
Messages
1,615
Reaction score
7,855
Location
Philippines
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
1
I don't think I could do it! I dread moving and already told Annie we're selling everything but our cloths when we move. lol It's easier (and probably cheaper) to buy all new furniture with the cost of moving now. And like Bob I don't think my back could take it. I still have no idea how I'll move my gun safe. That weighs 1,150 lbs dry! :shock:

She loves to keep everything and has separation issues. ?‍♂ I guess the only good thing is she won't get rid of me anytime soon.? But every time she goes back to Chicago for meetings I get rid of more stuff. ?
Well our 1st house the lady next to me had 3 dogs that barked 24/7. So I complained to the guards which did nothing. So I asked who was homeowner president. It was her, so a pointless situation. The 2nd house was nice except the roof started leaking bad. So for 8 months I asked to be repaired with no response. So the 3rd house is pretty new, better neighborhood. It's solid concrete and very nicely constructed. Also very clean, secure quiet area. So hoping we're set for a extended time.
 

TVRangerSTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Threads
4
Messages
749
Reaction score
3,655
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Project was to remove a 40+ year old arborvitae outside our bathroom window, which had grown to 2 stories and kept clogging the gutters. Cutting it down took about 10 minutes with the Stihl. Problem would be the roots, and I wasn't sure if I could do it myself. Thought about reaching out to Soupy @subquark because I think he's got a lot of experience with shrubbery trimming, wondering if it had shallow or deep roots? Anyway started digging round it chopping as I went. Then wasn't sure if I should ask Pepper to try to yank it out? Pulled all kinds of trees, etc out with my old Rangers but they were all stick. Decided to let her rip...got the chain around it, to the hitch, 4 Low, 4 good yanks...voila, stump-b-gone. Dumped it in the woods. She's a trooper! Now since the roots are gone, the lovely wife wants to go shrubbery shopping for something new?

20230705_170658.jpg


20230706_174528.jpg


20230706_174516.webp
 


subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Project was to remove a 40+ year old arborvitae outside our bathroom window, which had grown to 2 stories and kept clogging the gutters. Cutting it down took about 10 minutes with the Stihl. Problem would be the roots, and I wasn't sure if I could do it myself. Thought about reaching out to Soupy @subquark because I think he's got a lot of experience with shrubbery trimming, wondering if it had shallow or deep roots? Anyway started digging round it chopping as I went. Then wasn't sure if I should ask Pepper to try to yank it out? Pulled all kinds of trees, etc out with my old Rangers but they were all stick. Decided to let her rip...got the chain around it, to the hitch, 4 Low, 4 good yanks...voila, stump-b-gone. Dumped it in the woods. She's a trooper! Now since the roots are gone, the lovely wife wants to go shrubbery shopping for something new?

20230705_170658.jpg


20230706_174528.jpg


20230706_174516.webp
Holy crap! That's a serious root ball and even more serious work you put in!

Even though your awesome Race Red Ranger was able to yank it out, it's all your back-breaking prep on those gnarly roots!

Well done and well earned! =)

1688701059048.webp
 

KJRR

Well-Known Member
First Name
KJ
Joined
Feb 1, 2020
Threads
14
Messages
2,022
Reaction score
10,473
Location
Cleveland, OH
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Project was to remove a 40+ year old arborvitae outside our bathroom window, which had grown to 2 stories and kept clogging the gutters. Cutting it down took about 10 minutes with the Stihl. Problem would be the roots, and I wasn't sure if I could do it myself. Thought about reaching out to Soupy @subquark because I think he's got a lot of experience with shrubbery trimming, wondering if it had shallow or deep roots? Anyway started digging round it chopping as I went. Then wasn't sure if I should ask Pepper to try to yank it out? Pulled all kinds of trees, etc out with my old Rangers but they were all stick. Decided to let her rip...got the chain around it, to the hitch, 4 Low, 4 good yanks...voila, stump-b-gone. Dumped it in the woods. She's a trooper! Now since the roots are gone, the lovely wife wants to go shrubbery shopping for something new?

20230705_170658.jpg


20230706_174528.jpg


20230706_174516.jpg
We'll be watching for your transmission issue thread next. :crying:
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
I let my 6'4" son drive my Ranger for the first time on a short leg of our road trip.

He did fine, but I spent the rest of the day constantly adjusting my driver's seat and mirrors until it felt right again.

recline.gif
I think this was a basic arew that Ford missed out on with the Rangers... How hard can it be to have memory seats in the vehicle? Aren't they in a bunch 9f other vehicles Ford sells?
 

ControlNode

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,739
Reaction score
3,766
Location
Eastern NC
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Hauled my E-bike tonight.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-07 at 9.37.14 PM.jpeg
I need to ride more again.... been over a year. Shocks need maintenace and I've been too busy to pull the bike apart to ship them to fox.
 

TVRangerSTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Threads
4
Messages
749
Reaction score
3,655
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
We'll be watching for your transmission issue thread next. :crying:
I thought about that, but it's a '19 and still under warranty.....and I ordered a '24 when the order banks opened up in May. She's had zero issues since new.
 

TVRangerSTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Threads
4
Messages
749
Reaction score
3,655
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Holy crap! That's a serious root ball and even more serious work you put in!

Even though your awesome Race Red Ranger was able to yank it out, it's all your back-breaking prep on those gnarly roots!

Well done and well earned! =)

1688701059048.png
Thanks David...my 71 y.o. body can feel it today! I got pretty deep around the roots, chopped a few big ones but was surprised to see some biggies were deeper when I yanked it out. Cracked my mattock handle, ? so off to the hardware store today.

I should get Pepper a TAFFR decal, but afraid to explain it to the grandkids? and a correction, she's an Awesome Hot Pepper Redhead!
 

Davidjc

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
197
Reaction score
388
Location
NW Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Occupation
Retired LEO
Thought I’d start a thread to post about what you have done with your Ranger today or any day for that matter!

Be it hauling, towing, off-roading, mall crawling, grocery getting, tire roasting, flexing on Toyota’s or anything else.

If you did, it let’s see it!
Well, last night I got my window shades and tailgate lettering so installed those in about 20 minutes. Today, I towed a disaster relief chainsaw unit for about 10 miles. First tow other than my boat.

20230708_080442.jpg


20230707_170354.jpg
 

TVRangerSTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Threads
4
Messages
749
Reaction score
3,655
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Well, last night I got my window shades and tailgate lettering so installed those in about 20 minutes. Today, I towed a disaster relief chainsaw unit for about 10 miles. First tow other than my boat.

20230708_080442.jpg


20230707_170354.jpg
Truck looks iconic in silver David! And that trailer sure leveled it out, but it's not hunkered down?
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Did a bit more truck stuff - short visit to Home Depot to pick up three prehung interior doors and a few electrical items for my reno.

No pics but on the way, I stopped at Tim Horton’s and had coffee with @LaBalbe - I guess you might call it an impromptu meeting of the GTA Shadow Black Ranger club.

It was fun to meet another forum member and talk trash about the moderators and such. :wink:

IMG_4552.jpeg
Sponsored

 
 








Top