Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

Kristina

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kristina
Joined
Aug 6, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
681
Reaction score
5,127
Location
Estonia
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Drove to work and back home. Called to “someone” to book a test drive with some other pickup truck. Succeeded.
Then just went to drive and see where the wheels turn. Ate my dinner sitting at tailgate. Parked crooked and over the line and didn’t care. Drove over curbstones as it was straight way instead of using R. Visited some nice places. Saw one amazing looking Ranger after return from my walk and took photos of it. Oh, that was mine :giggle:
10R80 gave me a note I need to keep closer eye on it for a while but not reason to worry about joining tranny explosion group yet. Noticed one more thing, tomorrow will get her wired and continue driving happily.
Here’s the Sun for you.
086A1C2B-6EDB-4925-B28C-CFCE8EAA0BD2.webp
Sponsored

 

KNI

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2021
Threads
13
Messages
1,316
Reaction score
5,598
Location
Finland
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
It's spring time so I drove to the forest. Road was muddy and Ranger is now coated in mud up to roof rails.

While in the forest I continued my random tree experiments and planted (from seeds):

200x Querus Rubra
100x Junglans Regia
30x Carya Cordiformis

Let's see if they germinate. While waiting that to happen I plan to wash the truck.
 

Kristina

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kristina
Joined
Aug 6, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
681
Reaction score
5,127
Location
Estonia
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
10R80 gave me a note I need to keep closer eye on it for a while but not reason to worry about joining tranny explosion group yet. Noticed one more thing, tomorrow will get her wired and continue driving happily.
Got her tested.

Cylinder balance is what I keep eye on time to time.

Found out it took about half hour to get gearbox to 57 Celsius (135F) while outside 5 C (31 F). As it was test drive it was combined driving, part of time parking.

I would like to know what is normal voltage with running engine at lot and while driving? I am talking about different situations and what is the lowest and highest what is considered normal for Ranger?

Edit: got my answer about normal voltage.
 
Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Threads
149
Messages
7,084
Reaction score
37,224
Location
GV Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1
Hi Folks,

Yesterday the Ranger took Margie and I to our favorite Sports Bar, Coach's. We shared a pitcher of Bud Light and just chilled... Then our favorite Montana Burger and back home.....

Best,
Phil



Edit...
Not a pitcher of Bud Light but a Miller/Coors Bluemoon....Whew!
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
So after snacking in the shade, I felt slightly more motivated. Not enough to do the originally planned detailing, but still enough to fart around.

So I laid out all the stuff I want to carry in Soupie (ugh, forgot the snow chains).

backup snow brush, jumper cables, battery jump starter, persuader tire breaker bar, ancient but awesome come-along, snow shovel, short chain, giant stainless steel shackles, receiver recovery shackle, flares, safety triangles, ratchet straps, brush tie down rope, pair of recovery straps, recovery soft shackles, air compressor, 25 foot of chain in a jug, Go-Treads, first-aid kit, giant mooring line for use with come-along (very low stretch), and a small tarp, mainly for leaf use
IMG_20230414_174047914_HDR.jpg



the right one is slightly overloaded (read: OMG) with the come-along and 25' chain ... maybe I don't need that chain ...
IMG_20230414_181942497.jpg



world's smallest bungee to hold shovel in place, it'll actually tuck behind the box with the handle laying on the wheel well hump, may change to that, then no need to mess with a bungee
IMG_20230414_180350712.jpg



some stuff didn't fit, first-aid kit and compressor on driver side of scab - ironically, the persuader tire tool is also there, so I can render first-aid if I ever have a roadside debate with someone
IMG_20230414_180809993.jpg



Go-Treads and battery jumper on passenger side, and what you can't see is that the road flares and two of the safety triangles fit in the passenger-side cubby with the third safety triangle laying between the jump seats (and under Cheech's mattress, so it's out of the way)
IMG_20230414_180720641.jpg



for all this extra weight, I added octane booster - zoom, zoom & beep, beep, got dumps to visit!
1681514302262.jpeg



also added ethanol treatment and if you have a problem with these additives, don't gripe to me, talk to @AzScorpion! I have to keep up my monthly ordering quota from Gold Eagle, his 303 money laundering dealio awesome suggestions ... =p
IMG_20230414_181400632_HDR.jpg



since I was screwing around, I tested the persuader tire bar and no problem! it'll break the lugs easy, even with damper arms (although moving it from lug to lug is an effort) =D
IMG_20230414_180517802.jpg



and Cheech alerted me to an Amazon delivery, an important one (get ready to roll your eyes - that's a pun too)
IMG_20230414_181427686.jpg



are you rolling your eyes yet? well, here are rollers!
IMG_20230414_182430318.jpg



supposedly helps stop the pressure washer hose from wedging under the tires (yes, the struggle is real) =D
IMG_20230414_182442533.jpg



$20 from Amazon and I'll let you know if they work or simply get knocked out of the way
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JBS1ZQ (Amazon pic)

1681514669275.png
 
Last edited:


NeilP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Neil
Joined
Aug 28, 2022
Threads
27
Messages
510
Reaction score
1,671
Location
Spearfish, South Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Hi Folks,

Yesterday the Ranger took Margie and I to our favorite Sports Bar, Coach's. We shared a pitcher of Bud Light and just chilled... Then our favorite Montana Burger and back home.....

Best,
Phil



Edit...
Not a pitcher of Bud Light but a Miller/Coors Bluemoon....Whew!
Good save!!!
 

NeilP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Neil
Joined
Aug 28, 2022
Threads
27
Messages
510
Reaction score
1,671
Location
Spearfish, South Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
are you rolling your eyes yet? well, here are rollers!
IMG_20230414_182430318.jpg



supposedly helps stop the pressure washer hose from wedging under the tires (yes, the struggle is real) =D
IMG_20230414_182442533.jpg



$20 from Amazon and I'll let you know if they work or simply get knocked out of the way
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JBS1ZQ (Amazon pic)

1681514669275.png
So THAT is what those are for! I saw a video a few days ago and the guy was sticking them under his tires before he started washing his vehicle. I thought they were some sort of funky chock blocks.
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
So after snacking in the shade, I felt slightly more motivated. Not enough to do the originally planned detailing, but still enough to fart around.

So I laid out all the stuff I want to carry in Soupie (ugh, forgot the snow chains).

backup snow brush, jumper cables, battery jump starter, persuader tire breaker bar, ancient but awesome come-along, snow shovel, short chain, giant stainless steel shackles, receiver recovery shackle, flares, safety triangles, ratchet straps, brush tie down rope, pair of recovery straps, recovery soft shackles, air compressor, 25 foot of chain in a jug, Go-Treads, first-aid kit, giant mooring line for use with come-along (very low stretch), and a small tarp, mainly for leaf use
IMG_20230414_174047914_HDR.jpg



the right one is slightly overloaded (read: OMG) with the come-along and 25' chain ... maybe I don't need that chain ...
IMG_20230414_181942497.jpg



world's smallest bungee to hold shovel in place, it'll actually tuck behind the box with the handle laying on the wheel well hump, may change to that, then no need to mess with a bungee
IMG_20230414_180350712.jpg



some stuff didn't fit, first-aid kit and compressor on driver side of scab - ironically, the persuader tire tool is also there, so I can render first-aid if I ever have a roadside debate with someone
IMG_20230414_180809993.jpg



Go-Treads and battery jumper on passenger side, and what you can't see is that the road flares and two of the safety triangles fit in the passenger-side cubby with the third safety triangle laying between the jump seats (and under Cheech's mattress, so it's out of the way)
IMG_20230414_180720641.jpg



for all this extra weight, I added octane booster - zoom, zoom & beep, beep, got dumps to visit!
1681514302262.jpeg



also added ethanol treatment and if you have a problem with these additives, don't gripe to me, talk to @AzScorpion! I have to keep up my monthly ordering quota from Gold Eagle, his 303 money laundering dealio awesome suggestions ... =p
IMG_20230414_181400632_HDR.jpg



since I was screwing around, I tested the persuader tire bar and no problem! it'll break the lugs easy, even with damper arms (although moving it from lug to lug is an effort) =D
IMG_20230414_180517802.jpg



and Cheech alerted me to an Amazon delivery, an important one (get ready to roll your eyes - that's a pun too)
IMG_20230414_181427686.jpg



are you rolling your eyes yet? well, here are rollers!
IMG_20230414_182430318.jpg



supposedly helps stop the pressure washer hose from wedging under the tires (yes, the struggle is real) =D
IMG_20230414_182442533.jpg



$20 from Amazon and I'll let you know if they work or simply get knocked out of the way
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JBS1ZQ (Amazon pic)

1681514669275.png
No winch needed when you have that come-along. It’s a beast David, but who operates it for you? :wink:
 

Bsthroop

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Oct 4, 2022
Threads
6
Messages
479
Reaction score
2,261
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Worked from home today so had to check the garage every hour or so to make sure Rusty wasn't lonely.

20230414_103820.webp
 

RDJTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Feb 25, 2023
Threads
15
Messages
304
Reaction score
914
Location
Round Rock Tx
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
No pics but took 15 bags of leaves to the brush recycling place, then gave it a bath on the way home .. Ordered up the black Ford emblems earlier this week, they weren't supposed to be in for 4-6 weeks and I got a call yesterday they are in! so I have an appointment on Monday to get them installed
 

ControlNode

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,739
Reaction score
3,766
Location
Eastern NC
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
So THAT is what those are for! I saw a video a few days ago and the guy was sticking them under his tires before he started washing his vehicle. I thought they were some sort of funky chock blocks.
I've recently seen videos of people just using tennis balls wedged in there.
 

Synfulz

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Oct 22, 2021
Threads
112
Messages
1,615
Reaction score
7,855
Location
Philippines
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
1
So cleaned it all up nice. Then drove into Manila to show our condo. Coming home it rained for 5 minutes, now the sun back out. So just enough to muck it up again.?
 

KNI

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2021
Threads
13
Messages
1,316
Reaction score
5,598
Location
Finland
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Drove few town over to a rental cabin. Met with peace corps buddies for wine & dine over the weekend. Didn't sink the Raptor like last year as snow has already melted, but we discussed on driving it over and in the lake :)
Sponsored

 
 








Top