First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We’re much alike then. I’m the same way. Can eat like crazy and amaze people with what I can put away. The ol hollow leg excuse get used often. Still slim and it’s not stopping ether. Been that way my whole life and in my mid 60’s now can still do it but not like I use to. One thing about being this way though, putting on weight is near impossible. My wife tried more than once and gave up totally pissed off that it wasn’t fair!!! ? One of my daughters got it from me and doncha know she’s a professional model now. She thanks me all the time!!!! Hahaha wife is still pissed though! ?
Lol Everyone use to say "wait until you turn 30" well that came and went and now going to be 57 and still can't gain a pound to save my life. My gf gets so mad because she has such a hard time losing weight. She's had a few injuries which kept her from working out for over a year and then having a desk job doesn't help. She'll watch me eat and just shake her head and tells me one of these days you're going to be huge! lol Even when my parent come to visit my mom say "damn I'm glad I don't have to feed you now"! ?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folk,

When In Tucson...a great place to visit.

Canelo.jpg

Where it all stated

Canelo2.jpg

Now!

Canelo1.jpg

Sammy Dog. Special bun from Magdalena Mexico, daily. Two bacon wrapped hotdogs with all the trimmings. Watch out for the Jalapeno on the side....Hot, Hot, Hot.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co.. Retired

Last edited:

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
That looks like a great tour. I love those old control rooms. These are from Kennedy space center. This is the bunker where the controls were that launched Mercury astronaut, Alan Shepard . It had to be built like a bunker because it was only 300 feet from the rocket. They used Direct Current controls and voltage drop prevented them from being any further away.

vac 2011 monday (34).JPG

vac 2011 monday (36).JPG

vac 2011 monday (60).JPG
Why do they have flying saucers for ceiling lights? ?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Why do they have flying saucers for ceiling lights? ?

I noticed them too. :) I guess even though they were doing life or death serious work, they still had a sense of humor.
vac 2011 monday (43).JPG

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I noticed them too. :) I guess even though they were doing life or death serious work, they still had a sense of humor.
vac 2011 monday (43).JPG
Being from that era it’s pretty easy to explain. Cars, boats and just about anything that moved had the futuristic spin added to it. Space was a goal all the big countries of the planet were racing to take the trophy for.

So naturally that became a huge theme and transposed itself into everything imaginable.

Ever see some of the prototype cars or some of the buildings of that era? Over the top space theme! Now this being a missile base it really fit the cause.

Now you know the rest of the story ~ Paul Harvey

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
This one is for Phil Schilke.

During the Space center tour we were let out of the buss at an old abandoned launch site. The guide told us to be on the lookout for rattlesnakes, but this guy was the only resident we saw.

vac 2011 monday (101) for web.jpg

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
Got my second COVID Vax at our convention center drive thru...took about 30 minutes.
operated by the Natl Guard...They were all just kids, but were highly efficient, professional, and made me very proud.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Dave,

Titan Missile Museum is about 2 miles from my house... Canelo's is on 12 th and Utah St. in South Tucson...

best,
Phil
Cool - reminds me of when I was mountain biking in the National Grasslands in South Dakota one time. It was a very interesting day - I was stalked by a coyote, chased by a bull, saw incredible scenery, came across some weird salt domes (I think), and finished of by riding up on a de-commissioned missile silo! All in the middle of nowhere!

dlow206

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
We’re much alike then. I’m the same way. Can eat like crazy and amaze people with what I can put away. The ol hollow leg excuse get used often. Still slim and it’s not stopping ether. Been that way my whole life and in my mid 60’s now can still do it but not like I use to. One thing about being this way though, putting on weight is near impossible. My wife tried more than once and gave up totally pissed off that it wasn’t fair!!! ? One of my daughters got it from me and doncha know she’s a professional model now. She thanks me all the time!!!! Hahaha wife is still pissed though! ?
I was once the fat kid, lost a lot of weight and was pretty skinny, now what i call the athletic dad bod. One thing that has held constant through all phases of my life is my ability to eat more than anyone I know. 32oz steak plus appetizers plus sides plus dessert was not a problem. Wasn't even very full after that one.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Cool - reminds me of when I was mountain biking in the National Grasslands in South Dakota one time. It was a very interesting day - I was stalked by a coyote, chased by a bull, saw incredible scenery, came across some weird salt domes (I think), and finished of by riding up on a de-commissioned missile silo! All in the middle of nowhere!
Hi Duke,

There was a Titan Silo outside my grand parent's house in Conway Springs Kansas...Population 600. The one here in Green Valley it is amazing that it is still classified where in the world this missile was aimed.....Mum is the word.... Dido for the Conway Springs Missile and this silo was blown up and filled in.... Titan Missile was interesting in that the fuel was hypergolic. The twin tanks of fuel when mixed self ignited...no spark required.

As I recall, Titan was used on the Gemini spacecraft...very dangerous during the "space race"...Astronauts sure had guts....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
This one is for Phil Schilke.

During the Space center tour we were let out of the buss at an old abandoned launch site. The guide told us to be on the lookout for rattlesnakes, but this guy was the only resident we saw.

vac 2011 monday (101) for web.jpg
I’m pretty sure that might be @P. A. Schilke ‘s tortoise, Tito.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’m pretty sure that might be @P. A. Schilke ‘s tortoise, Tito.
Hi Duke

So that is where Tito went when he disappeared for a couple weeks... He would never tell us where he went...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

HotRod

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 2WD
Occupation
Rehabilitation Facilities Manager
My ranger took my son and I to Tampa for his MEPS appointment. My Son is now officially part of the
IMG_2975.jpg
United States Air Force ! He was in for processing today, will most like be back for shipping in late June or July. I'm a super proud dad today !!!!

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
My ranger took my son and I to Tampa for his MEPS appointment. My Son is now officially part of the
IMG_2975.jpg
United Staes Air Force ! He was in for processing today, will most like be back for shipping in late June or July. I'm a super proud dad today !!!!
Mine Too !

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
IMG_2975.jpg
United Staes Air Force ! He was in for processing today, will most like be back for shipping in late June or July. I'm a super proud dad today !!!!
Congrats PaPa Frank and to your Son. Lots to be proud of :like:
Sponsored