Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

GTGallop

Well-Known Member
First Name
Greg
Joined
Mar 1, 2020
Threads
49
Messages
1,079
Reaction score
3,161
Location
Anthem, AZ
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager


Took a little trip up I-17 to Bloody Basin Road.
Explored the Agua Fria National Monument and then into the Tonto National Forest towards the Verde River and Sheeps Bridge. Didn't quite make it because I had some issues between GaiaGPS and the Ford Car Play system. Randomly my road would disappear from the screen and I'd have to go reload layers. Eventually the actual road started getting pretty rough and I had dicked around enough trying to find the right place that I felt it was better to wrap this up as a Recon mission.

We picked up Forest Road 24 through Seven Springs and headed out through Cave Creek.

On the way back we found a pretty smashed up KTM Motorcycle. I was on a part of the road tha hugs a cliff. The motor was cold (this was on Dec 26th). We looked around for a rider but didn't find one. A few minutes later a guy came by and told us he had seen an ambulance leaving the area 30 minutes ago. We are assuming it was for this guy on the motorcycle. If so, that cold engine block means he probably wrecked Christmas day and spent the night on that road (no cell service). There was an uneaten sandwich in his busted up saddle case so we figure he had the accident before lunch time on Christmas day. A lot of speculation here and trying to fill in details, I know.

RenderedImage(5).jpg
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,223
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker

GTGallop

Well-Known Member
First Name
Greg
Joined
Mar 1, 2020
Threads
49
Messages
1,079
Reaction score
3,161
Location
Anthem, AZ
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
That's driving slow around here! I wish I was joking but it's true. :oops:
I live just a few exits north of I-17 and Carefree Highway. Just past CFHWY the Speed Limit jumps to 75 MPH.

That means you have locals who are paying attention and know you can drive 85 before the police raise an eyebrow. And you have snowbirds doing 65 still and scared $#!+less. The 20 MPH difference causes a lot of wrecks as people change lanes and jockey for position.

Then just a few more exits to the north it drops from 4 or 5 lanes wide in each direction to just 2 lanes. And then construction starts just beyond that. Keeps the FD hopping. If they aren't cutting people out of cars and putting out vehicle fires, they are sharpening and cleaning up the "Jaws of Life."
 


AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,223
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
I live just a few exits north of I-17 and Carefree Highway. Just past CFHWY the Speed Limit jumps to 75 MPH.

That means you have locals who are paying attention and know you can drive 85 before the police raise an eyebrow. And you have snowbirds doing 65 still and scared $#!+less. The 20 MPH difference causes a lot of wrecks as people change lanes and jockey for position.

Then just a few more exits to the north it drops from 4 or 5 lanes wide in each direction to just 2 lanes. And then construction starts just beyond that. Keeps the FD hopping. If they aren't cutting people out of cars and putting out vehicle fires, they are sharpening and cleaning up the "Jaws of Life."
I know exactly where you're talking about. When we're traveling up north I'm usually cruising around 80-85 mph and still getting passed. Heck down here on the 303 (or even on the I-10) it's the same. No one does the speed limit or has a clue what a blinker is. Snowbirds are scared to death because we have 5 and 6 lanes and they're usually the ones going 65 in the far left with a line a traffic behind them.

I have a fire station at the entrance to my community. You can hear the sirens going off all day from them going to accidents all around here. There's a major intersection about 50 yards from it and not a day goes by that someone doesn't blow a red light and cause a wreck there. There's also a Fry's there on that corner and one of the exits is a right turn only. If you go left you're only about 30' from that intersection and have to cut across traffic but sure enough everyone tries making it. There's a few crosses set up there on the fence where many haven't made it.
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I guess technically I should've posted this in my woodworkers thread but I used it and made it for my Ranger soooooo...
Shame I pitched my oem fx4 shocks I could've used them as dampers @AzScorpion there,did ya see what I did there Dave??!?!? ?

keTwQbbQwlNM2RNJsW.gif
I saw one on you tube that had "feet" on it that flip open when pulled forward, so as not to drag snow when moving forward. This isn't the video I was looking for but you get the idea. The one I saw was even simpler with just one 2x4 and one hinge on each side:



Of course, I'd probably connect a "lifting" rope through a tie-down and over tailgate that I could pull on from in the cab! =D

But, I still love your work and I watched your three videos and it ceratinly does work very well and cleans down to the cement! =)
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Thanks ! And alot cheaper than.buying one. If I had a welder I wouldve made it from steel to save some weight but this one is light enough for me to carry and I can store It either in my minibarn or behind my garage tarped. Makes my chore a ton easier and alot warmer!
And, it's inexpensive to replace - both in cost and time. This thing should give you years of use before that's ever needed.
 

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
A guy knocked on my door and asked if i would sell my 4g... ? idk. I took his info but have not responded. Its a great lil truck but i wouldnt mind the cash. Could pay off a credit card. I dont think i could get enough to replace it with anything better. Car market is nuts these days. What would yall do?
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,223
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
A guy knocked on my door and asked if i would sell my 4g... ? idk. I took his info but have not responded. Its a great lil truck but i wouldnt mind the cash. Could pay off a credit card. I dont think i could get enough to replace it with anything better. Car market is nuts these days. What would yall do?
If you don't drive it much and don't mind getting rid of it I would throw him a high price and see if he bites.
 

TVRangerSTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Threads
4
Messages
749
Reaction score
3,655
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
A guy knocked on my door and asked if i would sell my 4g... ? idk. I took his info but have not responded. Its a great lil truck but i wouldnt mind the cash. Could pay off a credit card. I dont think i could get enough to replace it with anything better. Car market is nuts these days. What would yall do?
Had a 15 yr old 2004 XLT Scab 4.0 5 spd 85,000 mi, in excellent condition. In Dec 2019 my dealer offered me $2500 trade in on my new Ranger. Sold it private for $7500. I'd sell it, one less thing to worry about, a few less bills, and you'll get to drive your 5G more...win-win!
 

Bob902

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
May 6, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
3,788
Reaction score
21,102
Location
St. Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
A guy knocked on my door and asked if i would sell my 4g... ? idk. I took his info but have not responded. Its a great lil truck but i wouldnt mind the cash. Could pay off a credit card. I dont think i could get enough to replace it with anything better. Car market is nuts these days. What would yall do?
I would see how bad he wants it. Save you some money on registration and insurance.
 

FunInTheSun

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jun 6, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
550
Reaction score
1,619
Location
South Florida
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
1
That's driving slow around here! I wish I was joking but it's true. :oops:
Same here, but the gauge shows an AVERAGE speed of 78 mph over 500 miles traveled...
Of course, for me, 500 miles is about two months, but my average speed shows 21 mph. And I exceed that by a good margin every time I drive, so... Ol' Davey @Dave859 either has an expressway outside his driveway, or he's going well over 78 a good bit of the time. (Or he made a 500 mile trip and reset the thingamabob after he got rollin'... LOL)

Dave? Meet Dave and Dave... LOL
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,223
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Same here, but the gauge shows an AVERAGE speed of 78 mph over 500 miles traveled...
Of course, for me, 500 miles is about two months, but my average speed shows 21 mph. And I exceed that by a good margin every time I drive, so... Ol' Davey @Dave859 either has an expressway outside his driveway, or he's going well over 78 a good bit of the time. (Or he made a 500 mile trip and reset the thingamabob after he got rollin'... LOL)

Dave? Meet Dave and Dave... LOL
:shock:?


Spiderman.webp
Sponsored

 
 








Top