First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Had to run to the Post Office today, we had about 24" of snow over the last 3 days here in the northeast, first time out after shoveling...Tried 4x4 on, and off...worked well, no load in the bed.

20210202_134625.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well my Girlfriend got to drive my Ranger and me to the Urgent Care center. I was trimming my Firesticks earlier today, when cut they bleed out a white milky liquid that's toxic if ingested and causes irritation to the skin and eyes. Even though I washed my hands and arms twice, there must have been some oils left from them still on there. Heck it was almost 3 hours later and I must have rubbed my eyes because they all of a sudden started burning real bad, like someone through pepper in them! After flushing them for 1/2 hour it wasn't getting any better and could barely open them. One thing I do know is I HATE sitting in the passengers seat of my Ranger. lol Good thing she's still here or I would've look funny walking 3 miles down the street half blind. :sunglasses:

Blind Guy.jpg

Firesticks

IMG_3599.jpg

Last edited:

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Well my Girlfriend got to drive my Ranger and me to the Urgent Care center. I was trimming my Firesticks earlier today, when cut the bleed out a white milky liquid that's toxic if ingested and causes irritation to the skin and eyes. Even though I washed my hands and arms twice, there must have been some oils left from them still on there. Heck it was almost 3 hours later and I must have rubbed my eyes because they all of a sudden started burning real bad, like someone through pepper in them! After flushing them for 1/2 hour it wasn't getting any better and could barely open them. One thing I do know is I HATE sitting in the passengers seat of my Ranger. lol Good thing she's still here or I would've look funny walking 3 miles down the street half blind. :sunglasses:

Blind Guy.jpg

Firesticks

IMG_3599.jpg
Wow Dave hope all is well ! Hook a strap to that plant and pull it out with your Ranger ,LOL Oh yeah passenger seat sucks, wife drove me to eye doctors 2 times a week for months. Stay safe, Bret

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow Dave hope all is well ! Hook a strap to that plant and pull it out with your Ranger ,LOL Oh yeah passenger seat sucks, wife drove me to eye doctors 2 times a week for months. Stay safe, Bret
Thanks Bret just a little irritated now and a slight burn still. I have 4 of these and have trimmed them at least 50 times over the years but all it takes is one small amount. She hasn't driven it since the tune and at first kept hitting the gas and lunging it. Once she got use to it she's like darn this thing is fast now. lol

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
Thanks Bret just a little irritated now and a slight burn still. I have 4 of these and have trimmed them at least 50 times over the years but all it takes is one small amount. She hasn't driven it since the tune and at first kept hitting the gas and lunging it. Once she got use to it she's like darn this thing is fast now. lol
Cool, don't take chances with eyes :like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Cool, don't take chances with eyes :like:
I hate Drs and avoid going at all costs but when it comes to my eyesight I don't mess with them at all. There's been a few times I've probably needed stitches but just bandaged myself up and went on my way.

Funny because when we were in high school a friend of mine sliced his arm open went home and got his moms sewing kit out and stitched himself up....with red thread! Darn thing healed up and barely left a scar. Me, I put my arm threw a window, went to the Dr and still have a large scar on my arm. :facepalm:

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
I hate Drs and avoid going at all costs but when it comes to my eyesight I don't mess with them at all. There's been a few times I've probably needed stitches but just bandaged myself up and went on my way.

Funny because when we were in high school a friend of mine sliced his arm open went home and got his moms sewing kit out and stitched himself up....with red thread! Darn thing healed up and barely left a scar. Me, I put my arm threw a window, went to the Dr and still have a large scar on my arm. :facepalm:
LOL, im the same way !

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Yea, I've cut myself so many times while wrenching on vehicles and I only once needed a ride to the ER. I was grinding out a U-joint and got a piece of metal in my eye. I even had safety glasses on but still got to my eye.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Well my Girlfriend got to drive my Ranger and me to the Urgent Care center. I was trimming my Firesticks earlier today, when cut the bleed out a white milky liquid that's toxic if ingested and causes irritation to the skin and eyes. Even though I washed my hands and arms twice, there must have been some oils left from them still on there. Heck it was almost 3 hours later and I must have rubbed my eyes because they all of a sudden started burning real bad, like someone through pepper in them! After flushing them for 1/2 hour it wasn't getting any better and could barely open them. One thing I do know is I HATE sitting in the passengers seat of my Ranger. lol Good thing she's still here or I would've look funny walking 3 miles down the street half blind. :sunglasses:

Blind Guy.jpg

Firesticks

IMG_3599.jpg
Two things buddy:

Hope you are ok now and
Didn't your mother tell you to keep your fingers outta your face cause she knew you'd be touching "stuff" that shouldn't be in your mouth, nose, ears eyes? :puke:

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
I have a retinal detachment in my left eye..doctors on Wednesday ..
Regards
Wow Doc, good luck with it ! I have one also (small) but they wont touch it unless absolutely needed cause im blind in my other eye. Vitreous detachment caused it, it lasted about 4 months. Good luck, Bret

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Two things buddy:

Hope you are ok now and
Didn't your mother tell you to keep your fingers outta your face cause she knew you'd be touching "stuff" that shouldn't be in your mouth, nose, ears eyes? :puke:
Thanks! Well they say you touch your face and eyes more than you realize and I guess they're right. It was a good 3 hours after I trimmed them and had washed really good twice because I know how toxic these plants are. ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Ranger out for a good drive up in the snow for one of the best days i've ever had ski touring. The drive too and from, as well as the snowboarding was a highlight. The whole day was a highlight!
KootenayPassJan272021-10.jpg
KootenayPassJan272021-09 (2).jpeg

KootenayPassJan272021-06 (3).jpeg
Did you shuttle up or heli?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Firesticks
Geez Dave - I hope it all worked out. Man, if the critters in AZ don’t get you, the plants will.

One time, my in-laws insisted on getting a photo next to a Saguaro cactus off to the side of the road. Well, my mother in-law got a jumping cactus pod stuck in her canvas shoe. She started screeching for my father in-law to “Get it off! Get it off!”. So, he reached down to pull it off and, of course, it stuck to his fingers. Now he’s cursing and trying to flick it off. He succeeded but he flung it right at my mother in-law and it stuck in her ass cheek! Hilarious! I was laughing so hard I didn’t see how he finally got it off.

Anyway, I hope you’re okay.
Sponsored