Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

dozxab

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Sep 14, 2024
Threads
17
Messages
661
Reaction score
2,183
Location
Prescott AZ
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
Retired

Rambo2020R

Well-Known Member
First Name
Coleton
Joined
Feb 12, 2021
Threads
18
Messages
196
Reaction score
539
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Detention Officer
Retightened the driveshaft flange bolts by the transfer case on the tom woods driveshaft because they backed out… hoping 2nd times the charm before I put a nut on the backside lol
 

RangerBill

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
Jun 8, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
1,842
Reaction score
2,575
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Retightened the driveshaft flange bolts by the transfer case on the tom woods driveshaft because they backed out… hoping 2nd times the charm before I put a nut on the backside lol
Are you using Loctite on the bolt threads?
 


Bob902

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
May 6, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
3,788
Reaction score
21,102
Location
St. Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I finally got the old won’t start issue. Got up this morning and went to the gym. Went to leave an hour and a half later. Walking out to my truck, my remote wouldn’t unlock the truck. It has been a few years since I changed the remote battery so I thought that’s what it was. Got in the truck and put the key in the ignition, nothing. No dinging, no clicking trying to start, no dash lights, nothing. I called my son to come get me. Then I remembered others have had this issue. Sure enough, about 10 minutes later, truck started like nothing happened. Been fine since. Goofy electric gremlins.
 

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,526
Reaction score
22,588
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I finally got the old won’t start issue. Got up this morning and went to the gym. Went to leave an hour and a half later. Walking out to my truck, my remote wouldn’t unlock the truck. It has been a few years since I changed the remote battery so I thought that’s what it was. Got in the truck and put the key in the ignition, nothing. No dinging, no clicking trying to start, no dash lights, nothing. I called my son to come get me. Then I remembered others have had this issue. Sure enough, about 10 minutes later, truck started like nothing happened. Been fine since. Goofy electric gremlins.
Hopefully, the last time Bob.
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
I finally got the old won’t start issue. Got up this morning and went to the gym. Went to leave an hour and a half later. Walking out to my truck, my remote wouldn’t unlock the truck. It has been a few years since I changed the remote battery so I thought that’s what it was. Got in the truck and put the key in the ignition, nothing. No dinging, no clicking trying to start, no dash lights, nothing. I called my son to come get me. Then I remembered others have had this issue. Sure enough, about 10 minutes later, truck started like nothing happened. Been fine since. Goofy electric gremlins.
I put a 10mm wrench in my console when I read that this happened to someone on here. While it tends to fix itself they just undid the battery terminals, waited a couple of minutes and connected it and all was good. I've only got one 10mm socket left and can't afford to lose that one. lol
 

Bob902

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
May 6, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
3,788
Reaction score
21,102
Location
St. Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I put a 10mm wrench in my console when I read that this happened to someone on here. While it tends to fix itself they just undid the battery terminals, waited a couple of minutes and connected it and all was good. I've only got one 10mm socket left and can't afford to lose that one. lol
I buy 10mm sockets in bulk
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Add deflector to my Raptor. It's really sturdy and stays on well. Had mistake where the orange peel got stuck. Had to user tweezers to pull it out. Came out great

20260622_090547(1).webp
Looks great and the deflectors really help keep the bugs and rocks off the windshield. With my '19 I was starting to get chips on the front of my hood and could always hear smaller rocks pinging off my windshield until I got one.

🤔 Is it me or does the Raptor also have the Ranger lean?😜
 

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,526
Reaction score
22,588
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Looks great and the deflectors really help keep the bugs and rocks off the windshield. With my '19 I was starting to get chips on the front of my hood and could always hear smaller rocks pinging off my windshield until I got one.

🤔 Is it me or does the Raptor also have the Ranger lean?😜
He just filled up so it's heavy from fuel in the neck. 🤫
 

Jason B

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
May 19, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
3,087
Reaction score
8,619
Location
Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I put a 10mm wrench in my console when I read that this happened to someone on here. While it tends to fix itself they just undid the battery terminals, waited a couple of minutes and connected it and all was good. I've only got one 10mm socket left and can't afford to lose that one. lol
Funny that you think that 10mm is going to be there when you need it.
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Funny that you think that 10mm is going to be there when you need it.
I've got a few extras.

Bob's not the only one who's been hoarding sockets. :oops:

1782483662527-2o.webp
Sponsored

 
 








Top