Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,523
Reaction score
22,573
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
My mistake.

I thought you meant perform the full TSB teardown, which would be quite expensive.

Mine is going in next week for the TSB test and the HVAC issue.

I have a video of the temp set at 70, Dual turned off, and getting 72 degrees air on the driver side and 117 degree air on the passenger side.

If they come back for both with No Problem Found, I'm done.
Hopefully, you will get the results and fixes needed.
Sponsored

 

Ninong

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
May 8, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
113
Reaction score
483
Location
Tacoma
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat/Velociraptor
Occupation
Retired
Got my Pedal Commander installed today. Pretty simple and straight forward, although a bit fidgety for someone with big fingers trying to manipulate those small connectors under the dash.

In Sport mode not only is the throttle opening/response a lot more noticeable, but also the rate at which the throttle closes. Getting a lot more noise from the BOV and afterburn in the exhaust (popping) when I lift quickly.

Pedal Commander.webp
 


Ranger Mel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mel
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
548
Reaction score
2,968
Location
Post Falls, Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4 Tow Package
Occupation
RETIRED (as of 6/11/25) Sports Med, Health and PE Teacher
Poking around underneath the Ranger I found I was missing the driver's side bump stop!! No idea how that happened. After some research and a couple phones calls to Timbren and E Trailer I ordered the Active Off Road Bump Stops. Had my shop install them yesterday. Can't tell any difference empty. Should be as good as the OEMs and hopefully better off road. They look and feel like a quality product. I will have to say the young feller at Timbren wasn't a whole lot of help. I simply stated I don't want helper springs like their SES suspension bump stops. Even asking the the question will the Active Off Road models be AS good as the OEM and I couldn't get a definitive answer even after he put me on hold twice!😂 Called E Trailer and that guy confirmed what I thought and the conversation lasted maybe 90 seconds!!😂 Kids these days I guess! 😁
 

Bsenecal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 21, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
656
Reaction score
1,894
Location
Milton Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
My shoulder is finally healed enough to allow me to get some things done. Today's task was changing out the OEM spark plugs.

Spark Plug Change.webp
Excellent, how did they look and how many miles were on them?
Brian
 
  • Like
Reactions: Doc

Ninong

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
May 8, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
113
Reaction score
483
Location
Tacoma
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat/Velociraptor
Occupation
Retired
Excellent, how did they look and how many miles were on them?
Brian
Brian,

The plugs had 31K on them and looked fine. They did have a little material transfer from the electrode to the strap, but nothing alarming. These were the OEM factory plugs. Main reason I changed them is that I am running a tune and wanted to go a step lower in the heat ranger. Replaced with NGK Iridium plugs.

Dave
 

Bsenecal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 21, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
656
Reaction score
1,894
Location
Milton Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Brian,

The plugs had 31K on them and looked fine. They did have a little material transfer from the electrode to the strap, but nothing alarming. These were the OEM factory plugs. Main reason I changed them is that I am running a tune and wanted to go a step lower in the heat ranger. Replaced with NGK Iridium plugs.

Dave
Copy that, I thought from the picture they looked pretty good.
What tune are you running? Any other performance mods?
Brian
 
  • Like
Reactions: Doc

ControlNode

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,739
Reaction score
3,766
Location
Eastern NC
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
4 new tires. Was planning on end of Oct before going to GA, but Wednesday the front tire kicked up a razer in the road and the rear tire caught it. So, tires this weekend. Switched from the Dynapro AT-M to Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 tires with Extra Load rating.
 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,695
Reaction score
8,065
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
4 new tires. Was planning on end of Oct before going to GA, but Wednesday the front tire kicked up a razer in the road and the rear tire caught it. So, tires this weekend. Switched from the Dynapro AT-M to Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 tires with Extra Load rating.
Good call, on going ahead and getting new tires after that happened. 🙂
 

Ninong

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
May 8, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
113
Reaction score
483
Location
Tacoma
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat/Velociraptor
Occupation
Retired
Copy that, I thought from the picture they looked pretty good.
What tune are you running? Any other performance mods?
Brian
Brian,

I'm running a 5 Star tune. Mods include AFE Charge Tubes and Intake. Rousch Cold Air Intake box, CVF Intercooler, Turbo Smart Dual Port BOV, MBRP Cat back Exhaust System, and a Pedal Commander. She will light the 33" tires up at highway speeds if you get deep enough into the throttle.

Dave
 
 








Top