Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Colo_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,863
Reaction score
13,294
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
1
Nice! Is that also an auto-deflator if the pressure is higher ?
It does auto deflate too. I only dropped the pressure from 38 to 35, so it was perfect to level it out. I will see how long it takes to drop to 20, which is my offroad pressure of choice. That will decide if I use it to air down at the trails or if I keep using the quick, but not really accurate, auto-deflators.
Sponsored

 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Stopped in to Sex Wax and picked up an order for my Step Son and the Surf Shop. Now my truck smells nice, Ha Ha.
OMG, you instantly brought me back to when I was 18, living in Galveston Texas, and big into surfing and Mr. Zogs Sex Wax!

1701560672411.jpeg
 

rang19ca

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chuck
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Threads
11
Messages
2,123
Reaction score
7,714
Location
Carpinteria Ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
OMG, you instantly brought me back to when I was 18, living in Galveston Texas, and big into surfing and Mr. Zogs Sex Wax!

1701560672411.jpeg

Yup, The headquarters of Sex Wax is about 1 mile from my house. When my Step Son places an order, we pick it up and take it 20 miles to the shop. I have a few of the shirts with the logo.
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
I got told the bronco axle wouldn’t fit the ranger. Glad I don’t listen well. Bronco axle all stripped ready for mocking and welding once parts start coming in.

IMG_0024.jpeg
 

LawnMM

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Oct 9, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
945
Reaction score
3,034
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
Minor updates but I do like em ?

1000004285.jpg

Went from the stock marker lights...
1000004288.jpg

To the Morimoto smoked ?
1000004287.jpg

I'll try and edit this tonight with a nighttime shot, they're pretty sweet

Let's see, what else...
1000004233.jpg

Tuffskinz "RANGER" letters for tailgate
1000004227.jpg

1000004226.jpg

Smoked FORD emblems front and rear

And this little guy:
1000004291.jpg

Catch can / oil separator, been digesting some tips from the Makuloco guy and he's a proponent of separators on Ecoboost engines.

1000004453.jpg

Supremely easy install id recommend their kit to anyone. Took me maybe a half hour and I was in NO hurry at all. I do think their hose routing is a little wonky and overly lengthy in their video.

I opted for paths of least resistance and a little less garden hose laying everywhere from their video install suggestion but their kit is very simple. Plug and play.
 


Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Minor updates but I do like em ?

1000004285.jpg

Went from the stock marker lights...
1000004288.jpg

To the Morimoto smoked ?
1000004287.jpg

I'll try and edit this tonight with a nighttime shot, they're pretty sweet

Let's see, what else...
1000004233.jpg

Tuffskinz "RANGER" letters for tailgate
1000004227.jpg

1000004226.jpg

Smoked FORD emblems front and rear

And this little guy:
1000004291.jpg

Catch can / oil separator, been digesting some tips from the Makuloco guy and he's a proponent of separators on Ecoboost engines.

1000004453.jpg

Supremely easy install id recommend their kit to anyone. Took me maybe a half hour and I was in NO hurry at all. I do think their hose routing is a little wonky and overly lengthy in their video.

I opted for paths of least resistance and a little less garden hose laying everywhere from their video install suggestion but their kit is very simple. Plug and play.
If you do any amount of off-roading the l bracket that holds cap will shear. Just a heads up. If it’s mostly driven on streets I don’t think you’ll have an issue.
 

LawnMM

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Oct 9, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
945
Reaction score
3,034
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
If you do any amount of off-roading the l bracket that holds cap will shear. Just a heads up. If it’s mostly driven on streets I don’t think you’ll have an issue.
Good to know, is it the hardware that fails or the bracket itself? It's just a Z shape bracket I'm sure I could come up with something a little sturdier if the bracket itself is failing. If it's the hardware perhaps a higher grade is in order.
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Good to know, is it the hardware that fails or the bracket itself? It's just a Z shape bracket I'm sure I could come up with something a little sturdier if the bracket itself is failing. If it's the hardware perhaps a higher grade is in order.
Just the z bracket. It breaks at the bend
 

LawnMM

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Oct 9, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
945
Reaction score
3,034
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
Just the z bracket. It breaks at the bend
Must be shit heat treatment or something. I went back and looked at it after your post. Gotta be 1/8th inch thick aluminum. I'll have to buy a piece of steel bracket and bend it to shape if they're prone to breaking.

Lame. ?
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Must be shit heat treatment or something. I went back and looked at it after your post. Gotta be 1/8th inch thick aluminum. I'll have to buy a piece of steel bracket and bend it to shape if they're prone to breaking.

Lame. ?
Yea mine broke fairly quick with light off-road. The hose ended up in the fan belt. I’d recommend you zip tie the hoses to a ridged point also.
 

LawnMM

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Oct 9, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
945
Reaction score
3,034
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
Yea mine broke fairly quick with light off-road. The hose ended up in the fan belt. I’d recommend you zip tie the hoses to a ridged point also.
I was thinking about some shock cord or something up around another engine cover stud, then if it did break it would be held in place by the cord.

I don't think I've got enough slack hose to wind up in the belt, or even the fan...

BUT... I sure wouldn't want that heavy can trying to flop around by the belt or the cooling fan ?
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Is it safe for me to flash you guys my new rack? lol hoss 3.0 has arrived straight from the dealer

IMG_0029.jpeg
 

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,837
Reaction score
23,523
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Cool but is it a steering rack, I’m not too Bright ..
Sponsored

 
 








Top