Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

BS67

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 29, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
16,219
Location
Nebraska
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Gave my '22 a wash this afternoon...........41° outside and I'm wet........wifee comes home and asks me if I'm out of my mind? Told her probly and cold too! Got 'er clean though! Hot bath thawed me out afterward!
 

RedDakooter05

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
9,552
Location
Illinois
Vehicle(s)
2024 Nissan Frontier S 4x4
Used molding not meant for this application, and thus project did not go as expected.

20231201_100431.webp
20231201_095617.webp
20231201_101650.webp


The gaps are much bigger than I thoughts.

And yes my hands look deformed, cold weather turns them into crab claws...
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Used molding not meant for this application, and thus project did not go as expected.

20231201_100431.jpg
20231201_095617.jpg
20231201_101650.jpg


The gaps are much bigger than I thoughts.

And yes my hands look deformed, cold weather turns them into crab claws...
Backer Rod was a good and logical choice for what you were trying to achieve - I mean, it’s meant for windows, right? Too bad it didn’t work out.
 


LaBalbe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
18
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
13,801
Location
Ontario / part-time NC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Came home yesterday after spending the week at the dealership to fix a leak in the crank seal. Fortunately, it squeaked in under warranty, and they loaned me a Bronco Sport so I wasn't without transport; not a bad vehicle, but too small to be my sole vehicle. Might consider it as a 2nd, but the whole dial-a-gear thing threw me off. Having "grown up" in manuals, and using the shift paddles when I'm in S mode, it felt weird to not have a shift stick to hold onto.
 

RedDakooter05

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
9,552
Location
Illinois
Vehicle(s)
2024 Nissan Frontier S 4x4
Backer Rod was a good and logical choice for what you were trying to achieve - I mean, it’s meant for windows, right? Too bad it didn’t work out.
Yeah, kinda anticipated this outcome. The gap behind the glass is about an inch from between the factory adhesive and the pillar... Ford used bare minimum here.



Ah well, gonna order actual windshield molding once i get all my measurements taken.

(Inb4ButruUuUUSsSt)
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
Came home yesterday after spending the week at the dealership to fix a leak in the crank seal. Fortunately, it squeaked in under warranty, and they loaned me a Bronco Sport so I wasn't without transport; not a bad vehicle, but too small to be my sole vehicle. Might consider it as a 2nd, but the whole dial-a-gear thing threw me off. Having "grown up" in manuals, and using the shift paddles when I'm in S mode, it felt weird to not have a shift stick to hold onto.
We have an outback with paddle shifters. They do not replace a shifter. I just can't feel the feedback I got from the stick shift. I struggle with getting on the throttle in corners (highway ramps) because I am not used to keeping my hands at 3&9....its an odd feeling. I am not sure which I dislike more, the button on the ranger, or her paddle shifters...


AHH the good ol' I wish this truck came in manual feelings are returning. ?

Really though, I am glad it's not a manual. Now, I think I'd really enjoy an AWD Maverick in manual though....
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
I loved her forester that was manual trans.

The feeling if it running the rpm's up and the stickiness of the AWD system... If I trade the ranger in, it'll be for a built STI... And a beater daily. ?
 

airline tech

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
28
Messages
4,661
Reaction score
8,937
Location
Midwest - KS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Well, I had a day.

Not My Ranger - Daughter's Boyfriends 2019 Ranger XLT

Daughter calls me and informs me her boyfriend's 2019 Ranger XLT has a Check Charging Sys Message that popped up just after giving her car a jump start.

So, I Troubleshot it down to a Blown Fuse (The 225-A) Alternator Fuse, of course nobody has one in stock and had to order it. Ordered though NAPA, tried dealer and they could not even locate it in their parts system, and it appears it can only be obtained through the whole Batt Fuse Link Assy.
I did find it online as a separate part #, BUT they are all overseas for the ROW Rangers

So, once I got the fuse and installed it, issue fixed now for that, I was curious and looked at his Fan Clutch - WELL

I found the hose broken, I took this opportunity to compare my module to his and noted his has a lot more slop than mine.
Fan Clutch has no noted wear - Bearings are solid, Fan Check Normal, however it is a little noisier than mine.

I took some spare 3/8 HP Fuel Line and added some clamps and resecured the wire harness.
Will Monitor it for security.


Fan Clutch.webp


Now, for what caused the Fuse to blow, I believe she inadvertently crossed the jumper cables.

Now for the double whammy, I saw water on top of his engine, I informed him that this may be a very bad sign for the Spark Plugs.
I plan on taking a quick look down in the wells sometime soon and hopefully they are not covered in corrosion.
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Welp got my 4.70 m210 and m220 today

IMG_0016.jpeg


IMG_0015.jpeg
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
O also used ranger center on bronco wheels, and damn do they look hot. Will look way hotter once I convert to true bead locks.
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
Well, I had a day.

Not My Ranger - Daughter's Boyfriends 2019 Ranger XLT

Daughter calls me and informs me her boyfriend's 2019 Ranger XLT has a Check Charging Sys Message that popped up just after giving her car a jump start.

So, I Troubleshot it down to a Blown Fuse (The 225-A) Alternator Fuse, of course nobody has one in stock and had to order it. Ordered though NAPA, tried dealer and they could not even locate it in their parts system, and it appears it can only be obtained through the whole Batt Fuse Link Assy.
I did find it online as a separate part #, BUT they are all overseas for the ROW Rangers

So, once I got the fuse and installed it, issue fixed now for that, I was curious and looked at his Fan Clutch - WELL

I found the hose broken, I took this opportunity to compare my module to his and noted his has a lot more slop than mine.
Fan Clutch has no noted wear - Bearings are solid, Fan Check Normal, however it is a little noisier than mine.

I took some spare 3/8 HP Fuel Line and added some clamps and resecured the wire harness.
Will Monitor it for security.


Fan Clutch.jpg


Now, for what caused the Fuse to blow, I believe she inadvertently crossed the jumper cables.

Now for the double whammy, I saw water on top of his engine, I informed him that this may be a very bad sign for the Spark Plugs.
I plan on taking a quick look down in the wells sometime soon and hopefully they are not covered in corrosion.
Better have him trade it in before his transmission blows too.

?
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Well, I had a day.

Not My Ranger - Daughter's Boyfriends 2019 Ranger XLT

Daughter calls me and informs me her boyfriend's 2019 Ranger XLT has a Check Charging Sys Message that popped up just after giving her car a jump start.

So, I Troubleshot it down to a Blown Fuse (The 225-A) Alternator Fuse, of course nobody has one in stock and had to order it. Ordered though NAPA, tried dealer and they could not even locate it in their parts system, and it appears it can only be obtained through the whole Batt Fuse Link Assy.
I did find it online as a separate part #, BUT they are all overseas for the ROW Rangers

So, once I got the fuse and installed it, issue fixed now for that, I was curious and looked at his Fan Clutch - WELL

I found the hose broken, I took this opportunity to compare my module to his and noted his has a lot more slop than mine.
Fan Clutch has no noted wear - Bearings are solid, Fan Check Normal, however it is a little noisier than mine.

I took some spare 3/8 HP Fuel Line and added some clamps and resecured the wire harness.
Will Monitor it for security.


Fan Clutch.jpg


Now, for what caused the Fuse to blow, I believe she inadvertently crossed the jumper cables.

Now for the double whammy, I saw water on top of his engine, I informed him that this may be a very bad sign for the Spark Plugs.
I plan on taking a quick look down in the wells sometime soon and hopefully they are not covered in corrosion.
You’re the friend, neighbour, cousin, brother-in-law, etc. we all wish we had but don’t deserve. ?
Sponsored

 
 








Top