Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Thats pretty cool
Right. I mean it also depends on who does it and if they pride themselves on their trade, bit those that do do amazing work
Sponsored

 


Rob09

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
274
Reaction score
1,164
Location
Sydney, Australia
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
Did the cheapest bed lighting install ever.

Just needed something for nights at the BMX, sitting in the tray, and occasional work duties.

Lights were $2AUD (or about 37c USD lol) and run off 3x AAA batteries. Stuck on with some 3M Command Strips, so you can remove to change batteries.

Only shows two in some pics (testing), but ended up installing four of them. For $8, lights the bed up like its daytime.

Bargain.

1.jpg


2.jpg


3.jpg


7.jpg
 

airline tech

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
28
Messages
4,661
Reaction score
8,937
Location
Midwest - KS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Note: These are the ForScan Settings (My Findings) for those of you who are Upgrading from Factory Halo's to Factory (LED's) and Possibly (After Market LED)

I purchased a Complete Set of Factory Headlamps / Foglamps from Ford Dealer ($2700.00)
It would have cost me more to walk away from As Ordered truck that I waited 7 months to get than a Dealer Ordered Lariat (That Had Them)
I did not want (Ebay) broken tabs on a Brand New Truck

I have a 2022 Lariat - That was Downgraded to Halogen Headlamp / Foglamp at Factory

The Foglamps are on Back-Order, so those are not installed yet

So, I Corrected Ford's deletion of my LED Headlight Assemblies for a piddly $500 Credit.

Here is My Install Notes and Configuration Settings for ForScan:

1. This is on a 22 Lariat that had the misfortune of getting the LED Head/Fog deleted at factory, so it arrived with Halo's

2. In the Install video posted on here, the guy does a quick shot of the Bumper Skirting (outer bolts)
These are located with the head facing forward - if you look up (just in front of the tires) towards the front bumper (you will see them) - Took me a bit to find them

3. The video is correct; the Fender Skirts and Grille are very much a PITA to get loose without patience and finesse

4. Took about 5 hours to get them installed (not including ForScan & Allignment)

4. Now comes ForScan Settings to Make the Lariat LED's Work Correctly, I did some playing with some settings, due to CONFLICTING info on here, that's why I am bringing this to light on my findings to help others on this (upgrade)

I researched 3 Separate Lariat Trim Models - Using As-Built Data to Compare to My Lariat with Halo's

Here They Are:

My As-Built Data (Related to Headlight/DRL Settings - Lariat with Halo's Installed from Factory

BCM
726-26-02 - 0000-0002-0057
726-45-01 - 0A01-0200-0080
726-50-01 - 0280

Lariat As-Built Compare (From 3 Trucks) (All Match these settings) (With Factory LED's)

BCM
726-26-02 - 0000-0001-0056
726-45-01 - 0A01-1000-008E
726-50-01 - 108E

So, I used the 2 recommended GUI Settings at First and this is what I got

In BCM

Allowed DRL Options to (+ Dedicated DRL)
DRL Configuration to (Dedicated DRL)

DRL - Configuration - Changed To (Dedicated DRL) this automatically changes 2 of the Line Codes in the As-Built File Folder (BCM)

726-26-02 - 0000-0001-0056 (Matches my Lariat compare search-As-Built)
726-50-01 - 108E (Matches my Lariat compare search - As-Built)

Now for Allowed DRL Options in GUI, this GUI only adjusts one As-Built File and that is 726-45-01
I had set it to (+Dedicated DRL) but I double checked the (As Built) file and its Hex-Code Read

726-45-01 - 0A01-1F00-009D

So, the Allowed DRL Options (+Dedicated DRL) setting within the GUI, does not change the As-Built File to the correct Hex-Code according to my 3 Lariat comparison trucks.

So, I played with all of the options in GUI, and this is the outcome of each, I will note the changes
on the second set of numbers:

None: 0100
All Options: 7F00
Low Beam: 0300
Hi-Beam: 3F00
Ft Fog: 0700
Ft Turn: 0F00
Dedicated DRL: 1F00
**Incorect Value or Not Configured - 1000 (see below)

Noted: None of These Options gave me my Original as Built (0200), might be due to that I had the other DRL Configuration set to (Dedicated DRL) IDK

If you change the As Built file manually to the (Lariat Compare -Code)
726-45-01 -to - 0A01-1000-008E then look in the GUI (Easy Way) it's listed in a current status of:
Incorrect Value or Not Configured

I may go back in ForScan and Play with the GUI (Options) for DRL Configuration, and see if I can get the GUI format to read correctly (1000) instead of the Incorrect Value or Not Configured
(It's a Curiosity Thing) and I tend to be thorough and meticulous. I'm new to ForScan and Learning

So, I checked Headlight / DRL Operation with both 726-45-01 (1FOO) & ((1000) Hex-Codes
The Headlight's / DRL's work as they should: using both of these Hex-Codes
I decided to manually change and leave this Line Code at (1000) to match my compare trucks

I do not know what the difference between the (2) are (1F00) & (1000) but they both appear to work.

Any ForScan (Guru's) know the answer?

Operational Check:

1. LED Strip - On and Bright
a. With Headlight switch in Auto (Daylight) - So DRL Mode

2. LED Strip - On and Dim
a. Headlight switch in (Headlight) and (Auto - Nighttime)
b. Headlight Switch in Park Lights
c. Activation of Entry / Exit Lights along with Park Lights, Bed Lights, Puddle Lights, Door Locks Activation Etc.

With all that, I also upgraded the Turn Signals to LED as well, while I had it apart. I used the Oxilam 7440 Yellow LEDs from Amazon that others have used and recommended - Man they are BRIGHT
No - Hyper-Blink (at Turn Signals or Dash Indicators)

Before I started my swap, I set up truck at 25' from Garage Door, placed tape across the Top of the projected light source, this way I had a Ref: Line to Adjust them Too, made it so much easier.

Did some other ForScan Mods plus Map Update today as well, so it's been a long day

Sorry, for the LONG Post, but after spending a couple of hours researching the proper Forscan settings and getting conflicting info, I wanted to help others in clarifying the correct settings for swapping their headlights to LED (Factory)

I'm going to post my findings in the Forscan Wiki as well, as they are hidden all over this Forum.
Is it possible to get a Sticky on these settings

Headlights  Pic.jpg



Thanks


EDIT: To Original Post

In BCM (Module) - Easy Way

I went back in and played with the DRL Configuration in GUI (Easy Way)
I attempted to change each of the selections, and it flagged me - not supported

Those Options Are:

0-Not Defined
2-Lo Beam
4- Fog Lamp
8-Turn Lamp
10-Dedicated DRL (The Only Selection That Worked)
32-High Beam
64-Low Beam and Dedicated

So, I'm leaving it alone and deduced it's a ForScan Programming Glitch. It works and that was the end game wanted outcome

I am wandering that since my Fog's is still Halo's has anything to do with it, though. We shall see after the LED Fog's get installed

Thanks
UPDATE
I figured it out and this ONLY applies to Factory LED or Aftermarkets that have a dedicated DRL and that is all you will be using.

DRL Configuration to (Dedicated DRL)
DRL Config (2).webp


Set this option to (16) Dedicated DRL - this will automatically set 2-Lines of Hex Code for you.
NOTE: the (16) is a Binary code that is converted to HEX (Inside of the As-Built) Files

Here are the 2-Lines of Codes it sets

BCM
726-26-02 - 0000-0001-0056 (Matches my Lariat compare search-As-Built)
726-50-01 - 108E (Matches my Lariat compare search - As-Built)

Now set Allowed DRL Options:

Alowed DRL Options.webp

NOTE: The Paragraph at the top
If you have only (1) option for DRL, such as Factory LED Headlights, this will show due to the fact that it matches the (16) Binary code you set in DRL Configuration PLUS
This option ONLY modifies (In addition) (Plus) the standard factory DRL.
So, this normal - As I have not added any special (extra) DRL options to the configuration

So, with this selected, here is the last Hex Line of code that is changed (Automatically)

726-45-01 - 0A01-1000-008E

If you do not see this option (highlighted) then go into the As-Built File and manually change it, then when you go back to the (Module) Easy way, this will be shown

I know there have been quite a few posts on this subject and I wanted to pass along my findings
to clear it up
These are the confirmed settings for the Lariat Factory LED Upgrade, now it should also clear it up for those who have installed the (aftermarket) options. With the attached pics, you can see it more clearly and visualize what changes you want to make

Hope this helps
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Did the cheapest bed lighting install ever.

Just needed something for nights at the BMX, sitting in the tray, and occasional work duties.

Lights were $2AUD (or about 37c USD lol) and run off 3x AAA batteries. Stuck on with some 3M Command Strips, so you can remove to change batteries.

Only shows two in some pics (testing), but ended up installing four of them. For $8, lights the bed up like its daytime.

Bargain.

1.jpg


2.jpg


3.jpg


7.jpg
Nothing wrong with that! Beats my not-yet-installed lights by a mile!

Looks like it lights it up very well! =)
 

yamahaSHO

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Oct 14, 2021
Threads
10
Messages
551
Reaction score
1,258
Location
Greenwood, AR
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1
Put in what should have already been in from the factory...

PXL_20221031_220520511.jpg


The lower washers included in the Redline kit are too small, so I ordered some black chrome replacements. Have extra if anyone is wanting to put a proper sized washer there.
 

mokupilot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
283
Reaction score
1,392
Location
The Aloha State ?
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
Put in what should have already been in from the factory...

PXL_20221031_220520511.jpg


The lower washers included in the Redline kit are too small, so I ordered some black chrome replacements. Have extra if anyone is wanting to put a proper sized washer there.
Yeah, I noticed that. I could go for a couple if you have spares.
 

mokupilot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
283
Reaction score
1,392
Location
The Aloha State ?
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈

Montgomeryjr

New Member
First Name
James
Joined
Sep 24, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
14
Location
NC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2022 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Utility Coordinator
Let me catch up a bit since my last post, as I’ve been negligent in sharing here and I’ll finish with what I did today. Since my last post I’ve installed the BAK Revolver X4S, Ford branded swing cases on both the driver and passenger sides of the bed; the Westin Truck-Pal tailgate ladder; the engine cover; the BulletPoint phone mount; modded the rear seat; and today the icing on the cake…the tailgate damper. Sorry to be so long winded.

1E6296F3-0526-49A1-989D-FFA1CDDA5DA0.jpeg


CFD18218-8814-40AB-B338-37021262CF64.jpeg


E605DE3C-8BAF-41A2-B3A0-33CE17A808AD.jpeg


1E31CB64-CC03-4A21-9A93-A56208792ED2.jpeg


B6A5B4CB-4F7F-45C9-BA0D-E929F74918F1.jpeg


A4525AF3-AC5E-492A-A036-6DE95BFDAFCD.jpeg
What did you use for the backseat delete? Been thinking of what to do there and what you have there is perfect. Oh and that ladder, now I've got to have that lol
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Loaded Soupie up for an awesome morning tomorrow! It'll be hard to sleep tonight! =p

IMG_20221031_155258549.jpg
Dump run was a success and only two more dump runs until I get a free sandwich. =D

I'm going to leave the tailgate down to earn more man points in my neighborhood.

One neighbor talked to me about how he needs to get a pickup after I got the Ranger! And somehow, after 16 years, I've become the DIY guy and I think the Ranger amplifies that. I patched and sealcoated our driveway and a few people have told me they were impressed (talk about an easy task, it's just painting with a squeegee, but this is a posh little town, so no one breaks a nail doing anything—but there's hope, another neighbor borrowed my tamper). o_O

I think the Ranger makes it seem like I'm the neighborhood redneck, especially after seeing me bolt on numerous accessories this past summer. A moniker I wear with pride since my dad was a Navy guy, then an oil field mechanic, and then a chief engineer in the merchant marine. He could fix anything in my eyes (I wish I had his Harleys and Indians from the '40s).

AND ... don't let any of the my crony neighbors know that I have a damper ... =p

IMG_20221101_123716366.jpg


Hmm, maybe I need to order Soupie some truck n#ts!
Sponsored

 
 








Top