Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
most manual cars although not great for alternators. on the first date with my wife I had to stop in Barstow for gas battery had taken a dump so I had to push start it she was the one to pop the clutch. luckily she didn't drive away without me. she ended up becoming my wife lol
Now that's a pretty good "how we met" story, I love it!

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Cheech's custom mattress arrived yesterday and here it is in the truck.

So ... it probably doesn't need the towels to level it, it's so thick that it also doesn't need any front support. Cheech is 20 pounds and it would probably be okay for a dog up to 40 pounds. More than that and some front support might be needed.

The mattress was measured for our seat positions, if you're taller than my NBA-physique of 5'6" (on a good day, early in the day), then the mattress would need to be narrower. But the foam is soft enough that if the seat needed to go back, it certainly could.

He hasn't tried it in the truck yet, I need to tweak how his harness hooks up (no ejecting-of-the-Cheech-through-the-windshield allowed).

Here we start with a 4knines 54" seat cover - his water bowl and dining-out bed is in the foot well, because, you know, why should he ever lie on a hard surface ... =p
01.jpg

High-tech with towels to make it flat (towels are always handy when we kayak, so this is an "emergency" stash)
02.jpg

Here's the 54"x18"x6" Everflex Dacron-wrapped mattress with Sunbrella cover (not that old hard plastic feeling stuff, feels more like supple canvas now)
03.jpg

Add his BloBlo bed (that's the brand - those funny Chinese - and available on Amazon and Walmart) and his American Blanket Company fleece which really clashes since it's more of a mint than a teal, ugh, so hard to be fashionable! =p
04.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Cheech's custom mattress arrived yesterday and here it is in the truck.

So ... it probably doesn't need the towels to level it, it's so thick that it also doesn't need any front support. Cheech is 20 pounds and it would probably be okay for a dog up to 40 pounds. More than that and some front support might be needed.

The mattress was measured for our seat positions, if you're taller than my NBA-physique of 5'6" (on a good day, early in the day), then the mattress would need to be narrower. But the foam is soft enough that if the seat needed to go back, it certainly could.

He hasn't tried it in the truck yet, I need to tweak how his harness hooks up (no ejecting-of-the-Cheech-through-the-windshield allowed).

Here we start with a 4knines 54" seat cover - his water bowl and dining-out bed is in the foot well, because, you know, why should he ever lie on a hard surface ... =p
01.jpg

High-tech with towels to make it flat (towels are always handy when we kayak, so this is an "emergency" stash)
02.jpg

Here's the 54"x18"x6" Everflex Dacron-wrapped mattress with Sunbrella cover (not that old hard plastic feeling stuff, feels more like supple canvas now)
03.jpg

Add his BloBlo bed (that's the brand - those funny Chinese - and available on Amazon and Walmart) and his American Blanket Company fleece which really clashes since it's more of a mint than a teal, ugh, so hard to be fashionable! =p
04.jpg
That look pretty comfy and I'm not all that tall. ? You might have to tell Cheech to move over and share it with me.?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
God damn man how much **** are you gonna buy for your ranger holy christ. Can't go a page on here without seeing you multiple times lmao.
I'm actually a artificial intelligence chat robot that @AzScorpion programmatically created to drive up the prices on Ford Ranger-related stock. His investment portfolio is impressive.

After all, who would name their truck Soupie, buy so much random stuff, and have a dog named Cheech?

And Jeff Bezos gives him a kickback on all Amazon sales - @AzScorpion doesn't live in Arizona, he owns Arizona.

Klaatu barada nikto

1659048969858.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm actually a artificial intelligence chat robot that @AzScorpion programmatically created to drive up the prices on Ford Ranger-related stock. His investment portfolio is impressive.

After all, who would name their truck Soupie, buy so much random stuff, and have a dog named Cheech?

And Jeff Bezos gives him a kickback on all Amazon sales - @AzScorpion doesn't live in Arizona, he owns Arizona.

Klaatu barada nikto

1659048969858.png
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Post of the year!!!

You're killing me here David!! ???

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
sharp truck. My grandpa lived at Ozark when I was a kid. Loved going down there and driving around Fort Rucker. Thanks for your service and stay safe.
What a small huge world we live in! :)

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Now that's a pretty good "how we met" story, I love it!
yes sir. going on 12 years now. I'd say I got lucky she didn't run off with the car but she did take my heart lmao.

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
they are renewing your battery warranty right? they should and it should last you 3-5 years. I do suggest adding some dielectric to the poles incase they for some reason start leaking through don't eat the terminals. also keeps them from oxidizing from any moisture in air.
Sponsored