Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

FLMoto

Member
First Name
Greg
Joined
Jun 26, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
57
Location
Tampa, FL
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Project Manger
Normally, I can get away with a quick ONR Wash followed by some protectant. Today I had some extra time, plus I just received some repair parts for the pressure washer so I took the opportunity to do a little more.

Now, I haven’t been a big fan of 303 products but y’all seem to love it around here. Had a bottle in the cabinet that I used on my previous Jeep for the soft -top and black plastic fender flares but was pretty “meh” on it. I caved to social conventions of the forum and decided to give it another try. We’ll see if I’m converted. ?

Foamy goodness:
IMG_5913.JPG


Finished product:
IMG_5915.JPG


IMG_5917.JPG


Products used

Pre-wash:
Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam

Wash:
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

Finishing touches:
303 UV Protectant Spray
Chemical Guys V.R.P. Vinyl, Rubber and Plastic Dressing
Sponsored

 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Normally, I can get away with a quick ONR Wash followed by some protectant. Today I had some extra time, plus I just received some repair parts for the pressure washer so I took the opportunity to do a little more.

Now, I haven’t been a big fan of 303 products but y’all seem to love it around here. Had a bottle in the cabinet that I used on my previous Jeep for the soft -top and black plastic fender flares but was pretty “meh” on it. I caved to social conventions of the forum and decided to give it another try. We’ll see if I’m converted. ?

Foamy goodness:
IMG_5913.JPG


Finished product:
IMG_5915.JPG


IMG_5917.JPG


Products used

Pre-wash:
Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam

Wash:
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

Finishing touches:
303 UV Protectant Spray
Chemical Guys V.R.P. Vinyl, Rubber and Plastic Dressing
Looking nice! And thanks for the list of what you used.

I'll be stepping up when @AzScorpion's graphene gets here tomorrow, so using what others have found to be the best is huge.

I'm going to look into the wash you use, sounds like just what I need - Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine.

Update: So do you rinse that wash off? I'm confused reading about it.
 

FLMoto

Member
First Name
Greg
Joined
Jun 26, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
57
Location
Tampa, FL
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Project Manger
Update: So do you rinse that wash off? I'm confused reading about it.
Nope, no rinse at all. That’s why I’m a huge fan.

My approach for a quick wash is 1 ish gallons of wash solution in a single bucket with 2 or 3 thick microfiber towels.

Wash a panel or 2 with a soaked and folded towel. Dry that section with a waffle towel. Turn the wash towel to a clean side and repeat on the next section. Once each clean side of a towel has been used, move to a fresh towel. No reusing towels.

You could do the 2 bucket method with a rinse bucket and grit guards to use fewer towels if you like that approach too.

Does that help?
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Darn you Dave, went to a Metallurgy society dinner last night and just now realized you subliminally made me order 3 Downeast ciders in strawberry flavor, and I'm not crazy about strawberry anything! But do love Downeast whenever I can find it. Usually at my daughter's in Concord...????? Now 303 Black Cherry?, count me in!
Holy smokes it does work! :oops:


Hypnosis2.jpg
 

OFC Ranger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Threads
297
Messages
5,019
Reaction score
13,937
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Decided to just cap off the rear driver side cubby since it really was not a storage compartment anymore. Just traced a general shape in the wood. I will attach it to the floor using velcro tape since the carpet works as a backing for that stuff.

Old vs New:

IMG_20220530_074455.jpg


100_0036.JPG

Almost done with this panel, but ran out of heat shrink female connectors. Gonna have to wait a few days to get some in. :(

100_0037.webp
 


Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
started to rebuild light bar decided to tig the inner portion before boxing it up.

20220729_133211.webp
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Nope, no rinse at all. That’s why I’m a huge fan.

My approach for a quick wash is 1 ish gallons of wash solution in a single bucket with 2 or 3 thick microfiber towels.

Wash a panel or 2 with a soaked and folded towel. Dry that section with a waffle towel. Turn the wash towel to a clean side and repeat on the next section. Once each clean side of a towel has been used, move to a fresh towel. No reusing towels.

You could do the 2 bucket method with a rinse bucket and grit guards to use fewer towels if you like that approach too.

Does that help?
Yes it does - thanks for the detailed steps. =)
 

Cabose-1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eli
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
7,657
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT, 4x2, Advance Tow, E-Locker
Occupation
Student
Decided to just cap off the rear driver side cubby since it really was not a storage compartment anymore. Just traced a general shape in the wood. I will attach it to the floor using velcro tape since the carpet works as a backing for that stuff.

Old vs New:

IMG_20220530_074455.jpg


100_0036.JPG
I have seen many posts on this, but still, what is all that wiring for ??
 

OFC Ranger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Threads
297
Messages
5,019
Reaction score
13,937
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
I have seen many posts on this, but still, what is all that wiring for ??
To have more than @Msfitoy - what that more is, I must have more than him.

Edit: Ok but more seriously, keep in mind that each blue and yellow line is only one output. I always run blue as the power side of the relay and the yellow line is going to be the trigger source (a button for example).

So for a handful of low wattage items (flashlight charging port, electronic rifle lock, accent interior ligthing, etc etc) get bundled together on a relay via a secondary junction point. Also a lot of it is for future expansion that are on the books; air compressor for tools, pressure pump/nozzle for water supply, pressure pump/nozzle for fuel transfer tanks, fridge and so forth. The rest are for my various lights. They are grouped as; rear rack, left rack, right rack, pattern channel 1, pattern channel 2, front spots, front fogs, 360 perimeter degree trigger (basically ALL ON). I also wanted some channels in place for unknown additions.

The entire system currently is behind a 100AMP fuse and heavy duty relay. That will be upgraded higher once other items come into play. Once I get the solar array in place I'll have the ability to run the system without vehicle power via a battery isolator switch over switch to bounce between the two systems as needed.
 
Last edited:

Cabose-1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eli
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
7,657
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT, 4x2, Advance Tow, E-Locker
Occupation
Student
To have more than @Msfitoy - what that more is, I must have more than him.

Edit: Ok but more seriously, keep in mind that each blue and yellow line is only one output. I always run blue as the power side of the relay and the yellow line is going to be the trigger source (a button for example).

So for a handful of low wattage items (flashlight charging port, electronic rifle lock, accent interior ligthing, etc etc) get bundled together on a relay via a secondary junction point. Also a lot of it is for future expansion that are on the books; air compressor for tools, pressure pump/nozzle for water supply, pressure pump/nozzle for fuel transfer tanks, fridge and so forth. The rest are for my various lights. They are grouped as; rear rack, left rack, right rack, pattern channel 1, pattern channel 2, front spots, front fogs, 360 perimeter degree trigger (basically ALL ON). I also wanted some channels in place for unknown additions.

The entire system currently is behind a 100AMP fuse and heavy duty relay. That will be upgraded higher once other items come into play. Once I get the solar array in place I'll have the ability to run the system without vehicle power via a battery isolator switch over switch to bounce between the two systems as needed.
I like it! I understand everything you said, but cannot engineer that set up. I can troubleshoot and r&r, but thats about it. Nice work!!
 

OFC Ranger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Threads
297
Messages
5,019
Reaction score
13,937
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
I like it! I understand everything you said, but cannot engineer that set up. I can troubleshoot and r&r, but thats about it. Nice work!!
I have no electrical background, but it's more or less 12v Legos. Once you configure and learn one circuit almost nothing changes for the next 100 you wire.
 

Venom_z89

Well-Known Member
First Name
Edson
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,830
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician

Markubis

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 30, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
356
Reaction score
1,299
Location
Nashua, NH
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

Msfitoy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sid
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Threads
67
Messages
9,230
Reaction score
28,579
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
NWO Robot Polisher
Vehicle Showcase
1
To have more than @Msfitoy - what that more is, I must have more than him.

Edit: Ok but more seriously, keep in mind that each blue and yellow line is only one output. I always run blue as the power side of the relay and the yellow line is going to be the trigger source (a button for example).

So for a handful of low wattage items (flashlight charging port, electronic rifle lock, accent interior ligthing, etc etc) get bundled together on a relay via a secondary junction point. Also a lot of it is for future expansion that are on the books; air compressor for tools, pressure pump/nozzle for water supply, pressure pump/nozzle for fuel transfer tanks, fridge and so forth. The rest are for my various lights. They are grouped as; rear rack, left rack, right rack, pattern channel 1, pattern channel 2, front spots, front fogs, 360 perimeter degree trigger (basically ALL ON). I also wanted some channels in place for unknown additions.

The entire system currently is behind a 100AMP fuse and heavy duty relay. That will be upgraded higher once other items come into play. Once I get the solar array in place I'll have the ability to run the system without vehicle power via a battery isolator switch over switch to bounce between the two systems as needed.
Dude...you've passed me a long time ago lol...you need time to adjust your eyes and not stare into the lights... ?
Sponsored

 
 








Top