Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
I added KILMAT to the back panel.
Driving is even quieter now.

This was an in-progress pic before I hit all the missing pieces here and there. It's not show perfect since it's all covered up by the carpet panel.

BackPanel.jpg
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
What flares are those? And the side steps? They look great!
Thanks very much Preston. They are Bushwacker Bolt-on Style Fender Flares and Westin HDX Drop Nerf Steps.

Here’s a helpful tip…if a member has a Showcase, it will show at the bottom of their profile. Most Showcases will list all the mods, accessories, suspension, wheel and tire specs. That number “1” in mine links to my Showcase.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I added KILMAT to the back panel.
Driving is even quieter now.

This was an in-progress pic before I hit all the missing pieces here and there. It's not show perfect since it's all covered up by the carpet panel.

BackPanel.jpg
SCab or SCrew ? How is the vent noise ?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Thanks very much Preston. They are Bushwacker Bolt-on Style Fender Flares and Westin HDX Drop Nerf Steps.

Here’s a helpful tip…if a member has a Showcase, it will show at the bottom of their profile. Most Showcases will list all the mods, accessories, suspension, wheel and tire specs. That number “1” in mine links to my Showcase.
"Westin HDX Drop Nerf Steps" for the win! I like them because they seem to be about the lowest step out there. At first I was a bit "meh" on the look, but it's grown on me and, most importantly, they work well for my hulking stature and my wife's bum leg. Surefooted and easy to "find" when stepping out. But pricey, no doubt about that (stainless steel ones are $$).

Installation tip, if you have a beverage belly like I do, jack up the truck and place it a few inches higher on jack stands. I could have rolled around on a mechanics dolly rather than slide out at the front and back of the steps. I'm sure it was entertaining for the neighbors!

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
"Westin HDX Drop Nerf Steps" for the win! I like them because they seem to be about the lowest step out there. At first I was a bit "meh" on the look, but it's grown on me and, most importantly, they work well for my hulking stature and my wife's bum leg. Surefooted and easy to "find" when stepping out. But pricey, no doubt about that (stainless steel ones are $$).

Installation tip, if you have a beverage belly like I do, jack up the truck and place it a few inches higher on jack stands. I could have rolled around on a mechanics dolly rather than slide out at the front and back of the steps. I'm sure it was entertaining for the neighbors!
I got stuck under the frame on my 08 colorado years ago.

Legit had a panic attack and nobody around to "save" me. haha... good times.

alan0614

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Lariat, 2017 GT350, 2016 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Product and Training Manager
Always wanted a bed slide despite never needing a use for it. For now, grunting and accidentally opening my fuel door with my gut whilst reaching into the bed will suffice.
@RedDakooter05 Quite the mental image.

Dang! That looks really nice and very handy! Crud, I better summon all my will power ...
@subquark It seems this is what the forum is all about, helping each other spend money.

That thing is really cool- unfortunately I have the Swing out toolbox behind the wheel well that I couldn't open with that.
@dano42 Yeah, would be awesome if they did work with the Bedslide.

I like they idea, not the loss of 4.5 inches of height, nor the extra +70lbs of load for it.

2 tarps, rope and some lube, and aside from the mess, it's a win-win. :crackup:
@ControlNode It's not for everyone for sure, I doubt I'll miss the extra room. Sounds like you have a good plan of your own.

Hooker47

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Military
Not real sure where to post this but I wanted to ask anyways...
So I have the Sync 3 Lite 4in screen and I wanted to upgrade to the 8in screen. Does anyone know if a new bezel and navigation APIM will be a simple plug n play or will I need something else like a harness etc to make this work?

The pic is the system I want.

s-l500.jpg

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Started to install the hardware and run the wires to add Adaptive Cruise to my RANGER. Next free weekend I will install the new steering wheel switches and tap into the harness.
Then the FORScan fun starts!
Props go to @CHrisin and @daczone over in THIS thread for blazing the trail!

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
not super Ranger oriented other than I drove mine 100 miles round trip for full front late 2nd gen raptor Control arms and spindle for dirt cheap. I will be throwing it into my 2nd gen Expedition. I LOVE how ford makes things so easily interchangeable between makes and models. Ranger will get same treatment once I'm able to find a set of bronco lowers.

20220721_193312.jpg

20220721_192204.jpg
Got a full pic of the expedition?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
The curse of custom fabrication strikes again. As usual it takes about three revisions of an idea for me to finally arrive at something that looks like it's going to turn out acceptable.

I did not even make it through the completion of the 2nd revision before I decided to move on to the 3rd.

IMG_20220724_170319.jpg

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
The curse of custom fabrication strikes again. As usual it takes about three revisions of an idea for me to finally arrive at something that looks like it's going to turn out acceptable.

I did not even make it through the completion of the 2nd revision before I decided to move on to the 3rd.

IMG_20220724_170319.jpg
That looks factory- made, or maybe nicer! Wow...

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Got a full pic of the expedition?
haven't installed them on it yet. But front suspension wise it's same as an 11th gen f150 which I did to mine already. I'll post a pic of that and one other expedition I seen for sale with similar swap.
Sponsored

Last edited: