What did you do to your Ranger today?

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
I've always hated the look of mudflaps on vehicles. No offense to people who like that rally look, but to me it makes cars look like a dog running with the tail behind the legs.

This look I hate, neverminded the inset position, due to wheel spacers. I hate it with passion :).
IMG_2361.jpg

This look I love:
IMG_2365.jpg

On the EU Ranger, the mudflaps are huge, except the Raptor. With wheel offset, those are offset if bolted in the stock location. I did not want to drill new holes in the flares. Unfortunately with the Ranger they are necessary, at least in EU version, as we do not have embossed body panels behind the wheels. Luckily ford did put stone guard on the bottom part of the panel.

So, I've made my own flaps, a bit shorter, a bit wider.
The material is 3mm thick PVC hobby type plate, that is moldable with a heat gun. I did not do anything of this sort yet, they look a bit flat. If they will cope with the elements well, I might do that for fun.

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

I wish I've made them a bit longer up to catch also the upper screw of the fender flare, like the OEM version. I am impatient, did not consider the "from the front" look. Anyway, I will redo them.
IMG_2372.jpg

The post is a bit too long for this thread, but I have not been posting anything new in a while. Winter tires in stock size look tiny!!!
IMG_2373.jpg

However, this material gave me a few new ideas ;).

This naked look is the best!
IMG_2367.jpg

This is something I can live with:
IMG_2369.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chris073

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Chemist
Added Bushwacker rocker panel covers.

bushwack.jpg

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
I've always hated the look of mudflaps on vehicles. No offense to people who like that rally look, but to me it makes cars look like a dog running with the tail behind the legs.

This look I hate, neverminded the inset position, due to wheel spacers. I hate it with passion :).
IMG_2361.jpg

This look I love:
IMG_2365.jpg

On the EU Ranger, the mudflaps are huge, except the Raptor. With wheel offset, those are offset if bolted in the stock location. I did not want to drill new holes in the flares. Unfortunately with the Ranger they are necessary, at least in EU version, as we do not have embossed body panels behind the wheels. Luckily ford did put stone guard on the bottom part of the panel.

So, I've made my own flaps, a bit shorter, a bit wider.
The material is 3mm thick PVC hobby type plate, that is moldable with a heat gun. I did not do anything of this sort yet, they look a bit flat. If they will cope with the elements well, I might do that for fun.

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

I wish I've made them a bit longer up to catch also the upper screw of the fender flare, like the OEM version. I am impatient, did not consider the "from the front" look. Anyway, I will redo them.
IMG_2372.jpg

The post is a bit too long for this thread, but I have not been posting anything new in a while. Winter tires in stock size look tiny!!!
IMG_2373.jpg

However, this material gave me a few new ideas ;).

This naked look is the best!
IMG_2367.jpg

This is something I can live with:
IMG_2369.jpg
I wish I could find an international Ranger Tailgate for my truck. Can’t find anyone that Ships to the US.

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
553A69DD-B636-42AD-8E34-CF7B78982DF5.jpeg

Built the first prototype dash mount for the Ranger yesterday. I think I may make a couple changes to the design before I release the final product. But I’m super pleased so far with it.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
I wish I could find an international Ranger Tailgate for my truck. Can’t find anyone that Ships to the US.
If you want we can exchange ;). Mine is full steel, not like the recent international aluminium ones with a spring helper. It gets boring to lift it after a while. I wish I had an aluminium one, the feeling is way nicer.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Got around to wiring up my Tekonsha Prodigy P2 brake controller today. No biggie, but a pain in the arse to get up under the dash to strip the available wire's for a butt splice.
Ford, if you read this, make those 4 wire's about 6 inches longer !!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Got around to wiring up my Tekonsha Prodigy P2 brake controller today. No biggie, but a pain in the arse to get up under the dash to strip the available wire's for a butt splice.
Ford, if you read this, make those 4 wire's about 6 inches longer !!!
These really should've been included from the factory when you get the tow package. I mean Ford raves about their highest tow rating out of any mid size truck yet fails to add a BC. :headbang:

Regnar

First Name
Brud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Installed an Old Man Emu Standard lift with Motegi Trailites wrapped in 285/70/17 Cooper discoverer at3 xlt. Gotta take it out on some dirt roads and trails this weekend to see how it handles the bumps. So far so good!
IMG_20211117_184100_063.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Installed custom rock slider LEDs...