Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Colo_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,856
Reaction score
13,271
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
1
Thanks to @Bob902, I was able to get some measurements that showed my Icon leaves (set to option 1) were at .5" higher than my front without my tent and .5 lower with my tent/camp gear.

Today, I swapped my Eibach Pro 2.0 kit (which worked great before I had my AFN bumper and Smittybilt winch installed) for the OME HD front and SD rear kit. Then I changed my Icon leaves to option 3. The OME kit kept my front at the same height (the HD kit just helps with the weight) and the rear is not 1.5" higher without all my gear. The Icon kit can handle 600 lbs, and I never put that much in the bed, so I should still have a slight rake with all my gear (which I like).

First impressions, the OME kit does not dive under braking like the Eibach kit did (but only after the bumper install). The Eibach was a great kit, but I outgrew it with my build. The ride is more firm, but also smoother. My test bump, by my house, was a lot less...violent...than before.

Optically, the truck looks no different, hence no pictures.

@UnregistredHypercam2 and @Nopalito were instrumental in helping me today, thank you! Also, @UnregistredHypercam2 mounted 35s and now I feel inadequate. But I think I will be moving up when tires are needed (and I see what it takes him to run them without rubbing).
Sponsored

 

Synfulz

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Oct 22, 2021
Threads
112
Messages
1,615
Reaction score
7,855
Location
Philippines
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
1
So installed the cheap China flares. I had to bond the front pieces together to make them line up and lay flat. I used 1/8" pop rivets with washers to make them as one flare. Then trimmed some of the excess plastic out on the inside seam area. Now they conform to the fender line as they should have. Then their "premarked" holes didn't line up for a damn. Shocked I tell you. But after some finesse they actually turned out good.

20220904_172959.jpg


20220904_173010.jpg


20220904_173024.webp
 

peterson1604

Well-Known Member
First Name
Scott
Joined
May 31, 2020
Threads
34
Messages
528
Reaction score
2,153
Location
Escanaba, MI
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
1
Gave her a coat of 303 Graphene today. I get a solid 3 months of beading with this and use the 303 Graphene Detailer after washing. Big thanks to Dave @AzScorpion for the recommendation. I paid $29 a month for unlimited touchless car washes at my local Holiday gas station and run it through 3 to 4 times a week. This stuff works!

PXL_20220904_205905536.jpg
 


SD4160

Well-Known Member
First Name
Scott
Joined
May 16, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
204
Reaction score
784
Location
NJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electrical test technician
Got home from the shore with a few boxes waiting for me. My son and I promptly dug in and finished the ditch light install (accidentally ordered momentary instead of latching switches first go around) by drilling and mounting the switch. Fits nicely next to the fuse icon in the fuse access handle recessed area. Plenty of room for a second switch in there to the left too!?
20220904_165350.webp

20220904_165332.webp
20220904_200137.jpg

Also, added Ford Performance red tow hooks. The failed attempt with the rough country shackle conversion kit left a hole that needed filling-on my truck that is. No red shackles on the front, so red tow hooks it is.
20220904_200846.webp
20220904_200249.jpg

A nice pop of color in the front now.
 

Cabose-1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eli
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
7,659
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT, 4x2, Advance Tow, E-Locker
Occupation
Student
Attempted to turn off all the annoying chimes with forscan, couldn't get it to work.
There is a wiki for forscan mods here. It should tell you where to go to turn the chimes off.

I went to ipc
Turned off chimes for
Key in ignition
Vehicle door open engine running
Passenger, and driver seat belt chimes

Has worked for my ranger
2020 xlt 4x2
 

Superspirit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Jun 18, 2022
Threads
12
Messages
961
Reaction score
1,982
Location
earth
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
There is a wiki for forscan mods here. It should tell you where to go to turn the chimes off.

I went to ipc
Turned off chimes for
Key in ignition
Vehicle door open engine running
Passenger, and driver seat belt chimes

Has worked for my ranger
2020 xlt 4x2
I've followed all the instructions on that post. For some reason the chimes on this truck won't turn off. I was able to do this 19GT with no problems but for some reason this 22 ranger won't turn them off.
 

UnregistredHypercam2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jon
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
22
Messages
282
Reaction score
907
Location
Denver, Colorado
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited, 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LT
Occupation
Cybersecurity
This weekend I took a leap in tire size from 265/65/18 to 35x12.5R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. These are mounted to stock sport wheels with a 1.5" spacer. A decent amount of trimming has been required so far, as has removing the rear crash bar. I already removed the front crash bar when installing my ARB Summit Bumper. I just took it on a shakedown run this evening and have a bit more trimming to do, but I am optimistic I'll get it to the point that there will be no rubbing when off road.

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG
IMG_4180.JPG
IMG_4186.JPG
IMG_4187.JPG
 

NOVA_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 16, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
591
Reaction score
1,628
Location
Northern Virgnia
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Priced new tires recently and just about fell out of my chair. The $625 set of 265/70R17 General Grabber tires I installed in 2019 are a whole lot more expensive now. Plus, although they were one of the more aggressive AT tires I could find at the time they didn't hold up to the abuse I put them through. All that considered, I opted to pick up a set of Jeep takeoffs (255/75R17 Firestone Destination M/T2) with under 1k miles on them for $400. They seem to ride decent and not as noisy as other MT tires I've ran in the past, also hard to complain at $560 installed.

1662390469993.webp
 

Bob902

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
May 6, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
3,787
Reaction score
21,095
Location
St. Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Priced new tires recently and just about fell out of my chair. The $625 set of 265/70R17 General Grabber tires I installed in 2019 are a whole lot more expensive now. Plus, although they were one of the more aggressive AT tires I could find at the time they didn't hold up to the abuse I put them through. All that considered, I opted to pick up a set of Jeep takeoffs (255/75R17 Firestone Destination M/T2) with under 1k miles on them for $400. They seem to ride decent and not as noisy as other MT tires I've ran in the past, also hard to complain at $560 installed.

1662390469993.png
The price of new tires is crazy!
 

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,826
Reaction score
23,472
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
This weekend I took a leap in tire size from 265/65/18 to 35x12.5R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. These are mounted to stock sport wheels with a 1.5" spacer. A decent amount of trimming has been required so far, as has removing the rear crash bar. I already removed the front crash bar when installing my ARB Summit Bumper. I just took it on a shakedown run this evening and have a bit more trimming to do, but I am optimistic I'll get it to the point that there will be no rubbing when off road.

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG
IMG_4180.JPG
IMG_4186.JPG
IMG_4187.JPG
Love them 35s ,I like the way they fill the wheel Well :)
Sponsored

 
 








Top