What did you do to your Ranger today?

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Mishimoto??? Don't do it! It's a shit job, and my hoses didn't last a year without cracking. Fuel vapors can be very hard on rubber hoses.
IMG_20220114_130143.jpg
I need to return it to stock when the nicer weather hits.
Although I will say that when I emailed Mishimoto, they were quick to respond and offered to open a warranty claim. Thanks but no thanks. Fool me once... www.notgonnahappenagain.com
Sponsored

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
I like the grill. Looks Clean! Report back if you don't mind after you drive it. I've been contemplating getting one for mine but don't want to interfere with the ACC.
I've had the M2M grill on my Lariat for about 6 months and it has never interfered. It's a great product and IMO the best option out there!

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, winter gas in Canada will fill the can over the course of a single tankful, primarily water/gas mix. Summer gas yields next to nothing over several tankful's. Plus the hoses are cracking and will need to be returned to stock. Like I said, solid theory with poor execution.
CC Hoses.jpg
That's the mishimoto? Seems they never used hoses that are rated for fuel/oil vapor. I have higher hopes for my JLT catch can...but will be watching closely. Thanks for posting.

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Added some hood decals and magnetic metallic pinstripe to my Dad’s Ranger. He loves pinstripe. Im just ok about it.

140A5225-AB06-4E8A-8E66-860A81648478.jpeg

0BBCDDE0-3059-4B78-9D3A-BA4EF43F6B60.jpeg
Are these the same hood decals that @Ranger54 posted and linked on ebay? I didn't think they'd look good on my velocity blue but your pic has me thinking otherwise. I'm liking these, subtle and bring out the vertical profile feature of the hood. May have to order some. It's justified when you have the FP tune right? ?
Edit: upon rereading I realized my incompetence and that Ranger54 has in fact installed these on two different trucks...not my brightest moment ?

Last edited:

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I've had the M2M grill on my Lariat for about 6 months and it has never interfered. It's a great product and IMO the best option out there!
Sorry, I totally forgot. Yep ACC works exactly the same with the M2M grill.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Not a detail but, we hit 45 degrees today so at least that layer of salt is off. :) (now it's eating away at my drive way):facepalm:

salt 1 ranger (1).jpg

salt 1 ranger (3).jpg

Last edited:

FireSpark

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Real Estate
Well finally installed my charge pipes from AFE.

After debating btwn them and Mishmoto - ultimately AFE matched my needs better.

Overall - it was a simple install. Took 1.5 hrs start to finish with some Whiskey breaks mixed in liberally. It actually took me longer on the hot side just due to aligning the Turbosmart BOV correctly and making sure everything lined up.
As for the cold side, slide it down into the intercooler first and then push it down with pre-lubed (Vaseline) silicone tubing and made sure everything was secure.

As it has been said times before - the O- clamps that are supplied are shit and I ended up reusing the factory along with the inner spacers to properly sit them.

Did a few test runs and it has held up for now with the road test coming later this week before Texas gets snowed in.

20220130_173035.jpg

20220130_173103.jpg

20220130_173111.jpg

20220130_173124.jpg

20220130_173136.jpg

20220130_173147.jpg

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Added some hood decals and magnetic metallic pinstripe to my Dad’s Ranger. He loves pinstripe. Im just ok about it.

140A5225-AB06-4E8A-8E66-860A81648478.jpeg
Kinda like the hood decals. My truck is the same color.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Funny. Mine came with the pinstripe and when the weather gets warmer I am going to remove it.
:crackup: :crackup: And there you have it. Proof that Baskin Robins had the right idea selling 31 flavors .:like:

Zeroedin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Roush Edition
Boring post ahead….but I’d be grateful for any input.

I bought a battery tender/charger today after noticing that over the past few months my hardwired radar detector was beginning to take longer and longer to power up in the morning. It originally came on the moment I started the truck, but now it can take 5-10 minutes of driving before it automatically turns on. In addition, my power steps have once or twice failed to drop or retract after the first start of the day. In both cases the equipment begins to function properly after 10-15 minutes of driving and all is well until the next morning.

I also started getting the “Remote Features Disabled” notifications via the app.

So I’m acting on the assumption that the battery saving feature on the truck is disabling the auxiliary stuff until the battery is recharged to a certain point?

Anyway, I’m hoping it’s that simple and topping off the battery every so often will prevent the delayed response in the auxiliary components.

If anyone wants to chime in and let me know if my assessment makes sense I’d truly appreciate it. I’m not sure I correctly understand what I was able to find on the topic.

Thanks in advance. Lol, and I’m gonna toss out a pic, simply because I believe a pic, regardless of how utterly boring it may be, still makes a post look way cooler than a bunch of words strung together.
78926D4E-8FC4-4353-BB39-482212216309.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Boring post ahead….but I’d be grateful for any input.

I bought a battery tender/charger today after noticing that over the past few months my hardwired radar detector was beginning to take longer and longer to power up in the morning. It originally came on the moment I started the truck, but now it can take 5-10 minutes of driving before it automatically turns on. In addition, my power steps have once or twice failed to drop or retract after the first start of the day. In both cases the equipment begins to function properly after 10-15 minutes of driving and all is well until the next morning.

I also started getting the “Remote Features Disabled” notifications via the app.

So I’m acting on the assumption that the battery saving feature on the truck is disabling the auxiliary stuff until the battery is recharged to a certain point?

Anyway, I’m hoping it’s that simple and topping off the battery every so often will prevent the delayed response in the auxiliary components.

If anyone wants to chime in and let me know if my assessment makes sense I’d truly appreciate it. I’m not sure I correctly understand what I was able to find on the topic.

Thanks in advance. Lol, and I’m gonna toss out a pic, simply because I believe a pic, regardless of how utterly boring it may be, still makes a post look way cooler than a bunch of words strung together.
78926D4E-8FC4-4353-BB39-482212216309.jpeg
Most likely that's the problem. If you don't drive a lot or long enough distance the battery never gets fully charged. My intelligent access wasn't working on 3 out of the 4 door handles and when I bought a maintainer it went back to normal. I added a longer lead and hardwired it and ran it out by the front tow hook so now I can quickly connect/disconnect it. When not in use it tucks right up into the boot by the tow hook. I'll keep it on the charger 3-4 days a week and haven't had any problems since.
Sponsored