First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
Got a new garage door remote. Couldn't figure out the programming so using dremel modded some plastic and swapped the circuit board over to the new case/shell.

Essentially all that work just so I can have a god damn visor clip.. so a what did you do to your home post.
20230611_134126.jpg

Hmm, shiny plastic.
Usually you have a learn button on your garage door motor and you need to activate it and then press the button you want to program.

Utope

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Organized my recovery gear some. Had 33 feet of 3/8 chain laying in the shop so I threw that in the box along with a couple of come alongs. I also have a tow strap, tree saver, shackles, a bottle jack, hatchet, and 2 entrenching shovels in the husky box. Then I secured another large shovel and recovery boards.

Also installed a matching spare tire which is also off a black diamond Bronco

PXL_20230611_234355010.jpg

PXL_20230526_120910685.jpg

PXL_20230611_234416228.jpg
Isn’t the factory spare black steel wheel the same as the black diamond wheels?

Utope

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Stock the angle from the bottom of the tire to the bottom the bumper was likely good enough to not need them, you've modified the back and increased the ride height, both increased the angle rocks and such can get launched upward behind the truck, mud flaps should be there at this point. I don't know about the legality of it, I'm guessing it depends on the areas you drive if it's really a legal issue, but as good road citizen having them would be advantageous, maybe even more so offroad since you are more likely to kick up rocks if you spin some there.
Problem with mud flaps off-road is the hard ones can catch on rocks and ledges on departure. The soft ones can get pinched between rocks and tires in reverse and then get ripped off.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Had to call Ford Roadside Assist, pretty quick response too. The battery finally died at 2.5 years old and just over 11.5k. Warranty should cover all this, and then I picked up a Ford Battery Charger.

70853992978__28D360A9-505B-4D7F-ADCB-B3974B329C6C.fullsizerender.jpeg

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Problem with mud flaps off-road is the hard ones can catch on rocks and ledges on departure. The soft ones can get pinched between rocks and tires in reverse and then get ripped off.
I know, I had the OE front flap on my Civic get between my tire and a root and rip the fender from it's lower bolt.

Since he has custom rear work already, adding removable soft flaps would not be that hard. Also, the further back from the tire it is the shorter it can be while still providing better protection than the stock bumper, I'm sure he could find the right distance:length that would not get caught between tire and rock.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Removed the old in-channel window visors.
I'm already intoxicated (Birthday, worked only half a day sue me)
So, I decided it's best to wait til tomorrow to deal with the pain in the ass stick on ones.

Had to call Ford Roadside Assist, pretty quick response too. The battery finally died at 2.5 years old and just over 11.5k. Warranty should cover all this, and then I picked up a Ford Battery Charger.

70853992978__28D360A9-505B-4D7F-ADCB-B3974B329C6C.fullsizerender.jpeg
A ford in it's natural habitat. HUEHUEUHEUHEUHEHE

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
HA!

If you only knew how many batteries for Fords I have bought and I am all too familiar with a Tow Truck.

SO here is the best part. Batteries are on backorder. NO ETA! The plant that makes them is on strike. How long will it sit? and when do I buy my own battery?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
HA!

If you only knew how many batteries for Fords I have bought and I am all too familiar with a Tow Truck.

SO here is the best part. Batteries are on backorder. NO ETA! The plant that makes them is on strike. How long will it sit? and when do I buy my own battery?
That is ridiculous! Yes, they should reimburse you to buy a battery elsewhere.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
The replacement for warranty has to be Ford Approved and that isn't going to happen! It will be interesting how many hoops this turns into. I have a great Service Guy and I will wait to see what he can do.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The replacement for warranty has to be Ford Approved and that isn't going to happen! It will be interesting how many hoops this turns into. I have a great Service Guy and I will wait to see what he can do.
Have them take one out of another Ranger. Better yet, let's all meet up and go grab one for you. :bandit: :captain:
Sponsored