First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Retired
I left also had 3 2020 and all 3 had gas dilution in the oil . Went to a taco . Not as spunky or as comfy but at least I won't hear the ecoboom go boom later in life

20210511_170319.jpg

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Mazda 3's are great little cars. Congrats. I bought my Ranger to replace my original owner 2004 Mazda 3 hatchback with the 5 speed. I had 218,000 miles on it when I sold it. It still ran great getting 29 MPG's and the aircraft mechanic who bought it couldn't believe the good shape it was in when he purchased it.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
I did the same thing during the last period of high fuel prices. I sold my beloved 2008 FJ cruiser for a Diesel VW Golf. I was spending like 700 a month in gas with a long commute in the FJ. No sooner I sold it and prices started going down and when it was $2.00 again I regretted it. Eventually VW bought that car back from me for basically the entire purchase price due to the diesel scandal.

In truth I wouldn’t make the same choice today but I can’t fault your reasoning. Luckily these days I only commute 3 days and much shorter distance than years past. Cheap fuel will be back someday.

OP
OP
MTB-BRUH

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
When you put pen to paper, gas mileage is seldom a good reason, on its own, to trade vehicles. The difference in 23 and 40 mpg will save you around $1,000 a year, a little more or a little less depending on gas prices. I get it, a thousand bucks is a thousand bucks, but averaged over a year it’s not a huge savings and perhaps no savings if you plan to add the purchase of a beater to the equation. Now, if you profited on the trade, it may be a different story.
guess I’ll break it down. Traded in on a 2015 Mazda 3 with 63,000 miles. Pretty low miles in my book. Anyway my payment was 450 a month now it’s 220 a month, insurance dropped 40 a month and fuel savings a month is about 130. Add all that up and roughly saving $400 a month. Seems pretty worth it to me

OP
OP
MTB-BRUH

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
You traded a 2019 for a 2015????

Wow.
What’s wrong with that? Some of you guys are dipsticks lol I traded in a 2 year old truck and almost got all my money back and now have a good car with fairly low miles, cheaper gas, cheaper insurance, cheaper registration, cheaper payment, fits car seats better, more fun to drive. I dont “need” a truck. I’m glad you know me well enough to assume my trade in was a poor decision