First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
My truck is parked in the garage where I left it when I got home from work. I have a very large garage and in the front part I have my work shop. I was in the front part of the garage working on a project when the head lights of my Ranger suddenly turned on and then off after a couple seconds. I have a Lariat and It was pretty bright and it startled me at first as I had my back turned. The key fob is in the house and no one else is home. WTH was that? I have had the truck for a little over a year and nothing like that has happened before. Has anyone else had the headlamps turn on and off like that?
Your experience reminds me of this:
Sponsored

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
there is probably enough steel in this Buick to manufacture 10 present day Nissan Leaf's
My 1st car was a '76 black olds toronado, red leather interior. limo-blacked out windows. got about 6 MPG, had a 6.6L FWD that was amazing in IL winters. I got more a$$ in that car than a toilet seat...Mmmeow! :)
I think I caught a rash or two also, cant really recall..I was drunk a lot back then. Lucky they made ointment for that!
1591140374143.png

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My 1st car was a '76 black olds toronado, red leather interior. limo-blacked out windows. got about 6 MPG, had a 6.6L FWD that was amazing in IL winters. I got more a$$ in that car than a toilet seat...Mmmeow! :)
I think I caught a rash or two also, cant really recall..I was drunk a lot back then. Lucky they made ointment for that!
1591140374143.png
The Lincoln-Mercury/Honda dealership I worked as a mechanic years ago would periodically write off trade-ins they could not even wholesale. A late sixties Toronado was one of these in which a fellow mechanic (and partner in crime) prepped and entered in a demo derby. The big block behemoth ran strong for about 10 minutes or so, until the Morse chain connecting the torque converter to the rest of the transmission decided to say adios.
Derby rules dictated that you remain in the vehicle for the duration, not fun, not fun at all...

Ryandude2448

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I sometimes wonder if the vehicles receive signals from an unknown source. My wife and I went to the Biltmore House and after parking and locking up, we got on the shuttle bus to the house. As we rode by our Escape, someone said, look at that car. The lights were on, flashers flashing and everything open on the car--windows, sunroof and rear hatch. Needless to say, I told the driver that I had to get off!
Not nearly as bothersome, but I swear the truck communicates with red lights around here. There's one intersection and no matter which way I'm going, it will start back up about two seconds before the light turns green.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not nearly as bothersome, but I swear the truck communicates with red lights around here. There's one intersection and no matter which way I'm going, it will start back up about two seconds before the light turns green.
I'm assuming you have the autostart/stop (ASS) feature enabled?
I wish my truck had the ability to control traffic lights here, I am reasonably certain the vehicle sensors embedded in the roads here actually delay light sequence when activated, as well as pedestrian cross signal requests.
Another word instead of delay is retard, but I prefer to use that for the so-called traffic "engineers" here in HNL, as in "retarded".

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
In New England, there is a saying when approaching traffic lights: "yellow means HURRY UP". My Ranger is thankfully well equipped to beat red lights :idea:...the skinny pedal on the right

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
In New England, there is a saying when approaching traffic lights: "yellow means HURRY UP". My Ranger is thankfully well equipped to beat red lights :idea:...the skinny pedal on the right
Seriously, there is an intersection very close to where I live where there can be 5-6 cars lined up waiting, meanwhile there can be zero traffic flow on the cross street. Mind you there are 3 in road sensors on the street where motorist are waiting.
I've already told the state DOT "engineers" that they can greatly assist in the fight against ISIS if they were to control traffic signals in those countries.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
If mine acted like that I would do a master reset to ensure that one of the salesmen at the dealer did not like to you truck. I checked my 1st Ranger and there were three phones liked to it. I did a master rest and life was good.

J Haggerty (RADAR1)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew I4, 2017 Dodge Durango SXT V6, 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT V8
Occupation
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller
I actually prefer the Gremlin over that Buick. It was actually one of AMC's most popular cars.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I actually prefer the Gremlin over that Buick. It was actually one of AMC's most popular cars.
The Gremlin was actually a Hornet sedan with its rear sawed off, utterly boring to drive but uber reliable because of the ubiquitous 232 I6, and a 3 on the "tree" like mine had.
Wondering how many forum members 50 and younger know what that was, my 38 year old cousin had no clue when he tried to move an archaic Chevy van...lol.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
The Gremlin was actually a Hornet sedan with its rear sawed off, utterly boring to drive but uber reliable because of the ubiquitous 232 I6, and a 3 on the "tree" like mine had.
Wondering how many forum members 50 and younger know what that was, my 38 year old cousin had no clue when he tried to move an archaic Chevy van...lol.
3 on the tree is fun...much better than push buttons.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
3 on the tree is fun...much better than push buttons.
I learned to drive standard on a three-on-a-tree Dodge Diplomat with a 318-4bbl....that car went through tires like popcorn at a movie