Weirdest thing just happened?

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My truck is parked in the garage where I left it when I got home from work. I have a very large garage and in the front part I have my work shop. I was in the front part of the garage working on a project when the head lights of my Ranger suddenly turned on and then off after a couple seconds. I have a Lariat and It was pretty bright and it startled me at first as I had my back turned. The key fob is in the house and no one else is home. WTH was that? I have had the truck for a little over a year and nothing like that has happened before. Has anyone else had the headlamps turn on and off like that?
Sponsored

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I sometimes wonder if the vehicles receive signals from an unknown source. My wife and I went to the Biltmore House and after parking and locking up, we got on the shuttle bus to the house. As we rode by our Escape, someone said, look at that car. The lights were on, flashers flashing and everything open on the car--windows, sunroof and rear hatch. Needless to say, I told the driver that I had to get off!

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I posted last week about my truck doing the same thing except I know it was the DRL's that flashed. The thread title is something like that, I got similar replies as this thread.
Still no clue as to what happened.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I sometimes wonder if the vehicles receive signals from an unknown source.
It does.... if you have FordPass and the router is turned on. You, and everybody else that has it, agreed to invasion of privacy and software manipulation when you signed up.

OP
OP
MotoWojo

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I posted last week about my truck doing the same thing except I know it was the DRL's that flashed. The thread title is something like that, I got similar replies as this thread.
Still no clue as to what happened.
Honestly, it could have been the DRLs, I did not have the shop lights on in the garage and it seemed pretty bright. My back was turned and by the time I turned around, they had gone off. Neither the parking lamps or interior lights were illuminated, like they are when you unlock the truck with the remote. Either way, I thought it was strange.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, it could have been the DRLs, I did not have the shop lights on in the garage and it seemed pretty bright. My back was turned and by the time I turned around, they had gone off. Neither the parking lamps or interior lights were illuminated, like they are when you unlock the truck with the remote. Either way, I thought it was strange.
That sounds identical to what happened with mine. I was cleaning bugs off the front so I could see the DRL's flash.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Could be Gremlins. ?

Gremmy.jpg

Gremlin_side_(5903000893).jpg

Dont laugh when I was a young kid my then step-father aka Satan traded in his mint 1972 Buick Electra 225 that was basically a 'smart man's caddy' for the POS above in powder blue...did I mention he was a heavy drinker? I cant explain any other reason why someone would downsize from a land-yacht to a roller skate.. BTW gas was like .60 per gallon at the time, I think..
1591101424975.png

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
that gremlin is a true classic if it had the V8 - a friend of mine owned one, handling was amazing (bad).

my classic gas guzzler was a 59 bonneville vert with tri-power.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Could be Gremlins. ?

My father had one, but in blue. He sold it to my younger brother in high school. My brother put oversized tires on it. We were underage, so when we took it camping, we would fill the back panels with beer. One year, it was so overloaded, I had to sit exactly center in the back seat so the tires wouldn't rub on the fenders. My brother ended up trading it for a Dodge dart with a 318 to a friend of ours, who repainted it, and sold it to another friend of ours.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Could be Gremlins. ?

Gremmy.jpg

[/QUOTE
I owned a '72 version of this, 232 inline 6 with a 3 on the "tree" numbingly boring to drive but it took all the abuse I could hurl at it and never whimpered.

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Dont laugh when I was a young kid my then step-father aka Satan traded in his mint 1972 Buick Electra 225 that was basically a 'smart man's caddy' for the POS above in powder blue...did I mention he was a heavy drinker? I cant explain any other reason why someone would downsize from a land-yacht to a roller skate.. BTW gas was like .60 per gallon at the time, I think..
1591101424975.png
there is probably enough steel in this Buick to manufacture 10 present day Nissan Leaf's
Sponsored