First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Service advisor
I use that waterless wash as well. Works fine. Key is using enough lubrication and using MANY microfibers If you are doing the whole truck. My advise would be to buy by the gallon and use a pump sprayer.
Yup. I used almost entire bottle and 10-12 microfibers.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
They are disconnected. But the connector one runs around the house, then I have a spool mounted to outside garage with 100ft of hose. It won’t even turn, everything is so frozen. Even if I was able to thaw it out, it would freeze on contact with my truck. Garage is insulated, but has windows and it’s sitting at 26 degrees right now. It made me super nervous as well not using water. My truck is ceramic coated so I do have a tiny bit of insurance against scratches. I’m correcting the paint and doing a fresh ceramic coat this spring anyway. I tested a spot on rocker first with my led work lights supervising me. Lol

84FF6F67-8E42-4002-815A-5E4B22F86B7C.jpeg

D26219E9-58C1-4344-B9E5-A971782D93BD.jpeg
Northwest Arkansas is forecast for 35° today. I would've just hit a pay & spray today. Rubbing dirty paint is a no-no in my book.

But I don't even like filling up with fuel when the truck is dirty. I cringe just pushing the fuel door.

Plus this truck actually goes down some tight trails at my local ORV park, so it’s not perfect anyway. She will be back to BETTER than new shine in March -ish
You drive your Ranger through parks?

I laugh at how I have many pics as evidence and people still believe I damaged my paint on here and IG… ????‍♂
There's a visible scratch on the hood, and your rear drivers door.

Just sayin'.

OP
OP
Ranger54

Ranger54

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service advisor
Northwest Arkansas is forecast for 35° today. I would've just hit a pay & spray today. Rubbing dirty paint is a no-no in my book.

But I don't even like filling up with fuel when the truck is dirty. I cringe just pushing the fuel door.

You drive your Ranger through parks?

There's a visible scratch on the hood, and your rear drivers door.

Just sayin'.
Those scratches have been there a while. Like I said. She goes to the “park” to play several times a year. Yea that hose reel will be frozen a day or two at least. Been there many times. Just had to try it. Spring clean/correction and ceramic coat coming soon anyway.

https://www.rushspringsranch.com/
And
Hogans Off Road Park https://goo.gl/maps/8NWuxQ7RJMqmFK1Q7

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Those scratches have been there a while. Like I said. She goes to the “park” to play several times a year. Yea that hose reel will be frozen a day or two at least. Been there many times. Just had to try it. Spring clean/correction and ceramic coat coming soon anyway.

https://www.rushspringsranch.com/
And
Hogans Off Road Park https://goo.gl/maps/8NWuxQ7RJMqmFK1Q7
Just yanking your chain on the scratches.

I don't get that intense on my detailing. So I've gotta do all I can to keep up what I've got.

That place is interesting. Never knew such a thing existed. When I get a hankering for some trails I just go exploring. But I have this nearby...

Screenshot_20220121-094329_COTREX.jpg

I assume places like this exist due to lack of public land/trails?

If I ever get out that way I'll have to check it out!

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I was an ONR fan until I Tried Mckees no rinse.
Not a fan of most chemical guys stuff. Optimum No Rinse seems is my personal favorite and seems safer than a spray bottle

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
I really like Wolfgang SI02 waterless wash in concentrate.

4oz and 2 gallons of softened water makes a waterless wash.

3oz to a gallon makes a detailing spray, and it goes a long way, you can even mix a bit more for clay lube.

Never had a problem with scratches, just fold a towel in 8’s and don’t over use a section.

OP
OP
Ranger54

Ranger54

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service advisor
Just yanking your chain on the scratches.

I don't get that intense on my detailing. So I've gotta do all I can to keep up what I've got.

That place is interesting. Never knew such a thing existed. When I get a hankering for some trails I just go exploring. But I have this nearby...

Screenshot_20220121-094329_COTREX.jpg

I assume places like this exist due to lack of public land/trails?

If I ever get out that way I'll have to check it out!
Correct! We have nowhere good to wheel and camp around here. Everyone is so stingy. Those parks are super fun!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Might get this to get rid of water spots, anytime my truck thinks it might have seen water it is an issue. Super annoying right after a carwash.

The joys of black paint.
Here is the ultimate trick for water spots! Get some jetdry. It’s used as an additive in dishwashers. It’s really a water thinner so your glasses and china don’t get water spots. My finial rinse bucket I put some in. One go over and magically no spots! Try it you’ll like it. Car washes use it for the same reason.

Crix

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Optometrist