Warranty will be void. (leveling kit content)

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Found out from my dealer that if I install the Eibach leveling kit it will void my warranty. Pisses me off but I talked at length to the service department and the guy in the parts department and I guess I can understand, (Not really) this would mostly pertain to the lifetime warranty I purchased when I bought the truck. In my haste I ordered the kit and now it's is on the way as we speak. I will most likely just send it back to Eibach and eat the shipping charge. I think I will just order the Bielstein upgrade for the shocks and be done with it. Come on 2022 I will probably trade this one for the new one then.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
That's where your dealership is wrong! Just because you put the eibach leveling kit on does not mean your warranty is void automatically. The part of the warranty that will be void is the shocks and struts because obviously they are not under Ford. As for the rest of the truck you should be just fine. How do I know this? Well I ended up installing the old man emu lift on my truck and my warranty is still intact. Did it change my suspension? Absolutely and those parts on the suspension are not necessary going to be covered because they are by old man emu. The Ford parts are still going to be okay because they are still within the normal range that they are supposed to be for operation in a safe manner. The dealerships cannot tell me I installed it incorrectly because I know I installed it correctly. In order for them to not cover it they also have to prove that the leveling kit caused the damage.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Tell your dealer to educate themselves on Magnuson-Moss. They're 100% incorrect. In short, they would have to prove that whatever modification you added caused the failure that they're claiming is now not covered under warranty.
This is 100% correct!

OP
OP
stringbreaker

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I'm going to talk to another dealer here close to me but I think this issue would be in the extended warranty I purchase for when the manufacturers warranty runs out.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I'm going to talk to another dealer here close to me but I think this issue would be in the extended warranty I purchase for when the manufacturers warranty runs out.
you will need to read any documentation received about the extended warranty to see any exclusions. I know some dealers around here offer lifetime warranties but there are a lot of ways they can opt out of covering stuff. its all BS and marketing for making people thinking they are getting a good deal. a good deal is just a state of mind.

OP
OP
stringbreaker

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I found two sections in two different documents that contradict each other. Naturally

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
Found out from my dealer that if I install the Eibach leveling kit it will void my warranty. Pisses me off but I talked at length to the service department and the guy in the parts department and I guess I can understand, (Not really) this would mostly pertain to the lifetime warranty I purchased when I bought the truck. In my haste I ordered the kit and now it's is on the way as we speak. I will most likely just send it back to Eibach and eat the shipping charge. I think I will just order the Bielstein upgrade for the shocks and be done with it. Come on 2022 I will probably trade this one for the new one then.
I work at a dealer that offers lifetime powertrain warranty and its pretty much bullshit marketing to get customer to buy their cars. I've only seen it cover a car once. The guidelines are super strict (say you go over 500 miles from their recommended oil change they can deny it) I honestly wouldn't worry about it. If you want extended warranty just go through ford company or a reputable aftermarket one. Nobody cares about lifts/spacers. This is coming from a service advisor.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
My two cents: Put the kit you already bought on, man! Later on, in the unlikely event that something breaks down on your vehicle, the dealer will have to prove that the parts you added caused the damage, which is not easy to do. (Still, a lot of members, including me, went with the Ford Performance kit so as not to have any potential hassles down the line.)

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Maybe you can have them clarify which mods void the warranty. Catch can? Running boards? Stubby antenna? Tailgate damper? Dashboard hulu dancer?

If some mods void the entire warranty but others don't, I'd be interested in hearing what mental gymnastics they use to justify their position.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Find a new dealership!
The BIG D is absolutely right! Either your dealer is ignorant of the law, or is lying to your face to discourage you from using other than OEM parts. It is hard to say which possibility is the scariest, but either one is reason enough to move.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I recently wanted the TBS 20-2277 preformed on my truck but I have Eibachs adjustable coil overs on the front, about 2" lift. The dealer would not complete this TSB because of my lift.
BUT, if they had installed their Rough Country kit they wouldn't have a problem.
My driveshaft angle is 7degrees and Ford's spec is 5.5degrees. the TSB was to correct this and a vibration commonly reported.

As mentioned above, find another dealer and complain to customer service.
Sponsored