Velossa Tech Design Big Mouth for 2019+ Ranger

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I ordered 2 weeks ago this past Monday. Reached out to get an update and was told the production cycle was supposed to be finished by the 14th so you guys may add another week or two to the lead time
Was told the same.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
You are misreading his post. The velossatech intake will work just fine with the mishimoto cold air intake. All it does is help direct more air to the air intake. It does not connect to the intake box in any way. At least not physically. Doesn't matter if you have the AFE intake tube or not it will still work just fine.
So you can install the aFe intake scoop and the Big Mouth together for possibly better air flow on a stock air box?
I just ordered the aFe scoop and was wondering how the two might pair up...

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So you can install the aFe intake scoop and the Big Mouth together for possibly better air flow on a stock air box?
I just ordered the aFe scoop and was wondering how the two might pair up...
In theory it would work well together. I myself wont be going that route just because in will be going off road with enough chance of water crossings.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Well, I am a sucker. No reason to get this and no reason to get the aFE part either. However, I have ordered both for some reason. I'll see about comparing the two and check all the air temps and such. Should be a fun comparison. The question I have is what tune do you want to see me do this with? Stock? 93 Octane? e30? e50? I typically run the 93 octane because it is pretty intense. However, it is a bit of a violent ride that invites the Devil to chide me into driving like I am 18 again. So that wouldn't give us any comparison on fuel, but let me know if you have any requests for comparison and I will see about them.
I don't know about everyone else but I would say stick with a tune that you feel comfortable with that you can still try and keep the throttle moderate. As we all know what these trucks it's already hard to do that to begin with. I would suspect that even with a tomb you would have a chance of getting a little bit of a gain at minimum. I'm not talking crazy amounts but still something is better than nothing.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Well, I am a sucker. No reason to get this and no reason to get the aFE part either. However, I have ordered both for some reason. I'll see about comparing the two and check all the air temps and such. Should be a fun comparison. The question I have is what tune do you want to see me do this with? Stock? 93 Octane? e30? e50? I typically run the 93 octane because it is pretty intense. However, it is a bit of a violent ride that invites the Devil to chide me into driving like I am 18 again. So that wouldn't give us any comparison on fuel, but let me know if you have any requests for comparison and I will see about them.
Are you me? Well, too late for me too. Update on gas mileage:
IMG_20201009_105902989.jpg

IMG_20201009_110432806.jpg

Hand calculated last tank was 18.79 MPG. Still a gain of about 2 MPG average for me and my lead foot.

It's been 90° consistent every day and the humidity is off the chain.

Last edited:

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll be selfish here...lol. Run a stock tune first with all the pedal you want. I haven’t installed a tuner yet (will soon) and I daily commute 50 miles each way on I-25 from Windsor CO to Denver. I’m sure there is more than one commuter that curses “that Texan in the Ranger pickup” when they see me...lol.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Check! I'll add an e50 WOT test to the list of test runs! I am going to use this as an experiment for my 12 year old son to conduct. In these homeschooling times we must seize opportunities to have school days in the garage. I even convinced my wife the day will include physical education as we are going to do our test runs, appropriately for northeast Iowa, to the Field of Dreams and back. Should be fun!
I’m a biologist so I love collecting data on something I’m interested in. Great way to teach your son some lessons on statistical analysis with a real purpose. You’ll blow him away with that? Makes learning fun!

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I was already playing with colors... ?

intake.jpg
I see what you did there. Gives the Fashion Conscious an opportunity to integrate the lettering that Ford never filled in with the scoop. ?

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I'd expect somebody would have shipping notices by now?

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Has anyone received theirs yet? I ordered the day they went on sale and haven’t received anything.
Sponsored