First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Here is a trailer we purchased that a dealer had made from a 6 x 12 enclosed cargo trailer, into a simple camper. The fellow wanted this so as to go hunting and bring his ATV along inside this trailer/camper. We wanted a very simple camper and bring our 6x6 along. I'll post pictures when I can get my PC to work!!
new camper moving.jpg
new camper_1200x900.jpg
new camper inside0137.jpg
new camper boss70150.jpg
new camper inside070140.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
That’s such a great idea Arly - hunting hut, fishing hut, waxing hut, camper, etc. Looks like that propane tank is for your heater.? Man, you’re set.

Ever thought of building a removable deck above the 6x6 for gear, cots, or other stuff? Something you could tear down and stow when you get to your destination.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
very nice. I seen one of these on YouTube where they had a bed platform in pulleys above the ATV section. This allows them to park the ATV inside at night and then lower the bed down to sleep.

OP
OP
Arly

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
To answer all your questions. There was a propane fired counter top grill in the camper but we pulled it out since we like to eat and cook outside anyway. So the 20lb tank is just for the heating unit. We also removed a mini fridge and a TV since we don't care to bring a generator along. The electrical system was never used. We camp following the KISS system.

What I didn't show is a futon which is now in there so we have someplace to sit and sleep. This camper is quite small and that's pretty much all the room!! The Boss (6x6) has never been hauled in it!!! :facepalm:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arly

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
This thread might not be all that popular??? :crying: Does anyone else have simple camper design they use?

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
This thread might not be all that popular??? :crying: Does anyone else have simple camper design they use?
Popularity may have a lot to do with winter weather. If you go to YouTube and search for cargo trailer conversions, you'll be busy for at least the rest of the winter.

OP
OP
Arly

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
If anyone cares to ask questions or discuss the pluses and minuses of this setup, just post your comments.

Maybe I should add, we wanted a camper without all the fluff most come with these days. Water systems, power, refrigeration systems and like, all like to break down in the future.

Last edited:

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Very cool. I like it

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone cares to ask questions or discuss the pluses and minuses of this setup, just post your comments.

Maybe I should add, we wanted a camper without all the fluff most come with these days. Water systems, power, refrigeration systems and like, all like to break down in the future.
You should check this site out, if you haven't already --- tnttt.com
They have a separate section on cargo trailer conversions....TONS of info and ideas !!!!

OP
OP
Arly

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Sorry to say, I really have limited interest in updating our camper. Someone else had suggested I should start thread about these campers.........

So if anyone has comments or questions, shoot away.
Sponsored

Last edited: