First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Manufacturing
The 6G looks okay to me but I prefer the front end on the 5G. I'm not clear on the other "upgrades" for the 6G however an automatic 4wd mode and a V6 Ecoboost would be the 2 things that might tempt me at some point. For now I plan to drive my current Ranger for several years. Love the truck.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Once the battery dies it’s done….can’t replace battery
Actually you can replace the battery. I had saved this picture (I can't remember who did theirs) and they said it was a pain to take apart but once you do there's a replaceable battery inside.

1676312645908.jpeg

Nickt1

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 5G
Occupation
Builder
"Rest of World" because US and Canada have higher safety standards so there are changes to the design
The "rest of the world" base there crash testing on European NCAP which in some ways is a higher standard than the US eg. pedestrian safety.
The main difference between standards is that the US standard requires airbags to protect passengers not wearing seatbelts- freedumb!
The new Ranger is better is better in every way and the ride and handling put it into a new vehicle category all while maintaining its load carrying abilities.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Actually you can replace the battery. I had saved this picture (I can't remember who did theirs) and they said it was a pain to take apart but once you do there's a replaceable battery inside.

1676312645908.jpeg
Is has a slot on the side you can stick a penny in to pop it apart. Super easy actually.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
The "rest of the world" base there crash testing on European NCAP which in some ways is a higher standard than the US eg. pedestrian safety.
The main difference between standards is that the US standard requires airbags to protect passengers not wearing seatbelts- freedumb!
The new Ranger is better is better in every way and the ride and handling put it into a new vehicle category all while maintaining its load carrying abilities.
ANCAP test results for 2023 Ranger.
https://www.ancap.com.au/safety-ratings/ford/ranger/58f98d
https://www.ancap.com.au/safety-ratings/ford/ranger/58f98d/images-and-video
Yes the above is true Australia uses the same NCAP system same as EU and UK. And it's also true, a significant difference is that the presumption is that the occupants are wearing seat belts and so they can deploy the airbags at a higher base speed, than the US rating system.

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew

1676312645908.jpeg
Yeah it requires major surgery lol

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
The 6G looks okay to me but I prefer the front end on the 5G. I'm not clear on the other "upgrades" for the 6G however an automatic 4wd mode and a V6 Ecoboost would be the 2 things that might tempt me at some point. For now I plan to drive my current Ranger for several years. Love the truck.

The Raptor has the twin-turbo six in it.

k_teven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious if their (FMC) plan will continue to be to lure folks in...then, when the orders begin to rise, they start slashing content left and right while keeping the cost unchanged....in other words....ARE THEY GOING TO RIP OFF CUSTOMERS WITH THE GEN6 THE WAY HAVE ON THE GEN5?
Sponsored