Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
that's right, I forgot, Vehicle manufactures don't sell stuff that fails or is poorly engineered..... Sorry my bad.....
How is the 737 Max 8 working for you?
Sponsored

pgallagher2ii

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Structural Test Engineer
How is the 737 Max 8 working for you?
Never said my stuff didn't stink. In 25 years I have design many things that were junk, but I would not still have a job if they all were. I just don't like other people making sound like all their designs are great and all others are junk. Look in a mirror....

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Never said my stuff didn't stink. In 25 years I have design many things that were junk, but I would not still have a job if they all were. I just don't like other people making sound like all their designs are great and all others are junk. Look in a mirror....
[/QUOT
Patrick,

There is the difference. When my analysis showed junk...We did not build, there was a resisign. Not one structural problem was dismisted. So you designed junk and they were accepted.???? WTF??? You know....you need to figure out what you want to say and not dig yourself into a hole.... You are clearly a troll. Toco owner?

pgallagher2ii

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Structural Test Engineer
Not a troll, just a new Ranger owner that doesn't like arrogant "never make mistakes" telling people how the world "should be"

pgallagher2ii

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Structural Test Engineer
Maybe its J.C. not P.A.

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
Pat, for a newbie you sure know how to introduce yourself, talk about arrogant. Opinions vary for sure, but let's be civilized in dealing with them here. Hopefully we all learn something so we can make an informed decision on a particular issue.

pgallagher2ii

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Structural Test Engineer
Pat, for a newbie you sure know how to introduce yourself, talk about arrogant. Opinions vary for sure, but let's be civilized in dealing with them here. Hopefully we all learn something so we can make an informed decision on a particular issue.
Yep done, thanks.

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Not a troll, just a new Ranger owner that doesn't like arrogant "never make mistakes" telling people how the world "should be"
kinda funny how your very first post was to be an arrogant know it all and judge someone who has been nothing but helpful since the beginning. Just my observation

berlow94

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1987 BMW 325IS Track car, 1979 Mazda RX7
Typical aeronautical guys.
“I design airplanes. All other engineers are below me.”

As for the comments about aftermarket kits not getting aligned properly without aftermarket UCA’s, I think your shops are just trying to sell you more parts...
I have a Fox2.0 Kit (From FP) and have my truck EXACTLY back to factory alignment specs and am nowhere near the end of any adjustment range. Ball joint angle is totally appropriate as well.

I do agree with Phil. With Icon being as “big” as they claim, why do they shy away when you ask them these questions when Fox stood up to the plate?
I called Icon and had a nice conversation with one of their techs. He could basically only tell me that although the parts are “designed” on computers, they are stress tested to their own “standards” in both real world testing and on the computer.
Phil is absolutely right that at this point in time no aftermarket UCA manufacture can truthfully make the claim that their UCA meets or exceeds all OEM stress tests.
Of course to play devils advocate, the aftermarket manufactures own “standards” COULD be higher than Fords. But until Ford approves any aftermarket UCA, we will never truly know.

RangerRick19

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Typical aeronautical guys.
“I design airplanes. All other engineers are below me.”

As for the comments about aftermarket kits not getting aligned properly without aftermarket UCA’s, I think your shops are just trying to sell you more parts...
I have a Fox2.0 Kit (From FP) and have my truck EXACTLY back to factory alignment specs and am nowhere near the end of any adjustment range. Ball joint angle is totally appropriate as well.

I do agree with Phil. With Icon being as “big” as they claim, why do they shy away when you ask them these questions when Fox stood up to the plate?
I called Icon and had a nice conversation with one of their techs. He could basically only tell me that although the parts are “designed” on computers, they are stress tested to their own “standards” in both real world testing and on the computer.
Phil is absolutely right that at this point in time no aftermarket UCA manufacture can truthfully make the claim that their UCA meets or exceeds all OEM stress tests.
Of course to play devils advocate, the aftermarket manufactures own “standards” COULD be higher than Fords. But until Ford approves any aftermarket UCA, we will never truly know.
Second to this! Installed king 2.5 coils and my shop got the alignment dialed in perfect with the stock UCA.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Does anyone know if the new Tremor setup uses a different UCA than a normal Ranger? Just curious if the part numbers are different.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Does anyone know if the new Tremor setup uses a different UCA than a normal Ranger? Just curious if the part numbers are different.
Chances are it is the same. Wht do I say this? It only has a lift. It isnt like the Raptor.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Moving along now guys.... :) I just purchased Camburg UCAs. I did a good amount of research on the under $1000 options and they were my favorite. I will let you all know what I think once they're on.
I have waited a year for this update on the Camburg UCA's. My hair is turning white, how much longer good sir? :crackup: Not really, but would like to know your opinion. :please:
Sponsored