OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/Hyuh4DuVgBb

This guy is relatively local to me. He has a 96 inch track with claiming 16 to 20 so for 5 inch arms with a more narrow track width is impressive. The owner of ranger has more details on Instagram I think but I don't have one.
Dude he is legit. I've watched the owner of that truck on IG build his truck over the years. I was excited when I saw his progress with metalheadfab. I believe the kit is +5.5. I think that owner has super negative wheels too so just keep that in mind.
Sponsored

gryder

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
Dang, wish I would have know about metal head fab a year ago before I bought my Bajakits, haha. I looked and asked around for a race kit and no one wanted to make one. Oh well. They have good prices for that LT kit! Curious how much a bed cage cost from them. I still want to run one.

gryder

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
I believe the kit is +5.5. I think that owner has super negative wheels too so just keep that in mind.
Yeah he must have some really really negative wheels. I measured my track with and I’m exactly at 80” in the front. So I have Bajakits. 255/80/17 with +35. So with their kit, if it’s +5.5, it would only be 85”. Which is still really wide for a midsize truck!

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Dang, wish I would have know about metal head fab a year ago before I bought my Bajakits, haha. I looked and asked around for a race kit and no one wanted to make one. Oh well. They have good prices for that LT kit! Curious how much a bed cage cost from them. I still want to run one.
I think 3k I'll look for his post

gryder

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
I believe the kit is +5.5. I think that owner has super negative wheels too so just keep that in mind.
Yeah he must have some really really negative wheels. I measured my track with and I’m exactly at 80” in the front. So I have Bajakits. 255/80/17 with +35. So with their kit, if it’s +5.5, it would only be 85”. Which is still really wide for a midsize truck
I think 3k I'll look for his post
Hmmm seems kinda pricy even though it’s custom made. I know DirtKing sells there Tacoma bed-cages for around $1600.

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Yeah he must have some really really negative wheels. I measured my track with and I’m exactly at 80” in the front. So I have Bajakits. 255/80/17 with +35. So with their kit, if it’s +5.5, it would only be 85”. Which is still really wide for a midsize truck!
Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/V0bTe8gahBb
This is his bed cage. The closest to his width you can find is 2021 bronco 5" long travel.

gryder

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
That cage looks like it adds a lot of travel. I believe that setup is with Deaver springs. over axle. I’ve seen the white ranger on YouTube with a similar setup as mine before he went with the true long travel and linked rear end.

But I think 16” of rear travel would be plenty for the off-roading I would be doing. If I can get that amount with my deavers while running a bed cage, I would totally do it. I’m gonna have to start contacting people again, haha. He’s goes the spending 🤦‍♂️

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
That cage looks like it adds a lot of travel. I believe that setup is with Deaver springs. over axle. I’ve seen the white ranger on YouTube with a similar setup as mine before he went with the true long travel and linked rear end.

But I think 16” of rear travel would be plenty for the off-roading I would be doing. If I can get that amount with my deavers while running a bed cage, I would totally do it. I’m gonna have to start contacting people again, haha. He’s goes the spending 🤦‍♂️
Lol I run f150 rear shocks with 1 inch longer shakles and icon leafs. I get about 11 before I run out of brake line and emergency brake cable.

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I remember his bed cage he asked if I wanted to buy it when he upgraded I believe he said it cycled 16 inches. I don't remember if he had deavers or icon leafs but yea that's a good number. Especially for a daily driver, using leafs is usually the route to take.

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it was done a year ago honestly I think it came out right after you got your bajakits.

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/V0bTe8gahBb
This is his bed cage. The closest to his width you can find is 2021 bronco 5" long travel.
It's a nice cage that gets the job done but I haven't seen it out in the desert. Also, it retains the shocks being inside the frame rails. I would prefer to have the shocks outside the rails especially when pulling 16 inches but I just don't know if there's any way around that unless you run really negative wheels or adapters in the rear because there isn't enough space to mount the shock to the rear housing without contacting the tire.

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
I kept this area in my cage to add a tube in case I do run shocks outside the frame.
IMG_20230501_183727_824.jpg

IMG_20230501_183727_824~2.jpg

IMG_20230223_232426_303~4.jpg
For me i say my dream build which I have yet to see it done on our truck is a cantilever set up. That would fit the bill for you too.

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me i say my dream build which I have yet to see it done on our truck is a cantilever set up. That would fit the bill for you too.
Tbh I haven't really researched cantilever suspensions. Seems like the advantage is using smaller shocks?
Sponsored