[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Hightork

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew
Would you say the shifting is changed at all with the FPT? Sometimes the 10 speed can be so clunky for me.
The transmission shift behavior now feels more refined to me. It feels most improved under light throttle and low speeds when it felt as if it lurched a bit prior to the tune.
Sponsored

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
It’s pretty simple. I’m sure they will figure it out.
just as I feared, the dealer is stuck saying he's getting an error message so I reached out to Ford Performance Parts on their chat and messaged them asking to call the tech at my local dealer.
hopefully I'll get my truck back today

Hightork

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew
just as I feared, the dealer is stuck saying he's getting an error message so I reached out to Ford Performance Parts on their chat and messaged them asking to call the tech at my local dealer.
hopefully I'll get my truck back today
What step in the process were they on when the message displayed? If you have a keyed ignition (Sport or XLT) and it was during either the read stock ECU or install tune step, the key must be two clicks forward (ON) or an error message displays. I did this on my first attempt and realized I only had it one click forward (accessory).

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
The transmission shift behavior now feels more refined to me. It feels most improved under light throttle and low speeds when it felt as if it lurched a bit prior to the tune.
I have not been able to put many miles on mine since the tune but I agree about the light load/low speeds. Got about 50 miles with some interstate tomorrow so will be the first time above 40 mph.

Last edited:

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I have a Lariat so no key, the dealer tech just called me again, the Ford Performance folks resent the software and it appears that again will not download so the FP folks are getting with their engineers

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Lariat so no key, the dealer tech just called me again, the Ford Performance folks resent the software and it appears that again will not download so the FP folks are getting with their engineers
I was lucky I guess - did it all but the final step which I had the dealer do and he charged me $5 as it downloaded the tune in the time it took him to drop in the K/N. I did all the other steps myself as I knew my dealer didn't really want to and had never doing anything like it. Never used battery charger, just turned off lights, audio and climate. I found Ford Performance really helpful when I was first interested in it and trying to find out when they were coming out.

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
my dealer is still working with FPP to get the verification to work....tried 3 times so far. My concern now is who's going to pay for the tech to be tied up most of the day....should not be this difficult

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Update - the tune install was completed, the tech has it written up as a 5 hour install due to the issues. I paid the quoted price at pick up and the dealer is going to reach out to FPP for assistance. In the end it appears FPP was having “server” issues and the tune would not validate.
We had heavy rain yesterday so I eased home and not sure of the difference in power yet

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my dealer is still working with FPP to get the verification to work....tried 3 times so far. My concern now is who's going to pay for the tech to be tied up most of the day....should not be this difficu
Update - the tune install was completed, the tech has it written up as a 5 hour install due to the issues. I paid the quoted price at pick up and the dealer is going to reach out to FPP for assistance. In the end it appears FPP was having “server” issues and the tune would not validate.
We had heavy rain yesterday so I eased home and not sure of the difference in power yet
You might reach out too. I got good responses from them. Under no circumstances should you pay for 5 hours. My contact with FPP said it should take about an hour. Here is the contact info to someone I was in contact with that was very helpful and was the one that said an hour. Can't hurt.

Anthony Fodera

Ford Performance Info Center - Supervisor

Email: [email protected]

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
You might reach out too. I got good responses from them. Under no circumstances should you pay for 5 hours. My contact with FPP said it should take about an hour. Here is the contact info to someone I was in contact with that was very helpful and was the one that said an hour. Can't hurt.

Anthony Fodera

Ford Performance Info Center - Supervisor

Email: [email protected]
Thank you

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
New question - how can I verify a new tune has been installed? My local dealer had a bad time with it but said he got it uploaded but I can’t tell much if any difference.
I installed one on a Saturn Sky in the past and it was obvious ...... this one not so much

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New question - how can I verify a new tune has been installed? My local dealer had a bad time with it but said he got it uploaded but I can’t tell much if any difference.
I installed one on a Saturn Sky in the past and it was obvious ...... this one not so much
If you can't tell then its not there. WOW it makes a big difference as has been said in acceleration and shifting. Well worth the money....anyway.....I looked over the instructions and didn't see any way to verify that the tune has been installed. You own the tool so plug it into the OBDII port and see what the tool reads - it should show two "tunes" available stock and Ford Performance calibration it shows up on the tool as Preloaded calibration. If the later isn't there the it didn't download, if it is, I'd try to re-calibrate it. I did everything up to the selection of the performance calibration and had the dealer start that so as to have him to have actually done the calibration and thus keep the warranty. In case you don't have it instructions attached.

Attachments

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
when plugged in it has a menu, which tab will show me whats loaded in it?

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when plugged in it has a menu, which tab will show me whats loaded in it?
i wish I would have captured the screens on my phone but this is what it should show.
3. Select “PROGRAMMING” option from main menu
4. Select “Preloaded calibration” Option on ProCal 4, and Drag/Click to select the desired
calibration.

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
my lariat is keyless, when the menu says turn the ignition key on how do I mimic that?
Sponsored