[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
So since the Ford Performance tune is made to run more efficiently, which creates more power aswell, does it benefit MPG when you guys aren’t really mashing the throttle? Can anyone actually say it gets better mpg?
I love the FP tune (going on 15K) for what it does for the performance, but without some serious testing, it is hard to say whether or not it impacts the mileage, for good or ill. There are just too many other things going on with my truck such as FX4, FP Leveling Kit, Falcon Wildpeaks, Velossa Big Mouth, Auto S/S, etc. On a mix of freeway and local driving, if I drive moderately and use the Auto S/S when in traffic, I can eek out an even 20 MPH, and I am satisfied with that. How much of it is due to the tune, who knows?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
So since the Ford Performance tune is made to run more efficiently, which creates more power aswell, does it benefit MPG when you guys aren’t really mashing the throttle? Can anyone actually say it gets better mpg?
FWIW, I have been driving turbo 4cyl vehicles as my daily driver's since 1985. All of them have been tuned and all of the got the same or better mileage as long as you kept your foot out of it.

My 15 Ecoboost Mustang was tuned by Unleashed and it got about 1.5 mpg better. My 17 Ecoboost Mustang had the FP tune and it got the same. You could see where the difference was coming from. The cruising air fuel ratio went from 14.1:1 stock to 14.7:1 with the Unleashed tune. The FP stayed at 14.1:1.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
but what is WOT (Way out there? World of Tanks?)? I Googled this but got no clear answer....
Wide Open Throttle. It took me a while to figure it out, I've never heard it before either. :)

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Wide Open Throttle. It took me a while to figure it out, I've never heard it before either. :)
Hey, Dave, thanks for this. It makes sense. Still, I think World of Tanks kind of gets the same message across!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey, Dave, thanks for this. It makes sense. Still, I think World of Tanks kind of gets the same message across!
No problem Marc but I kind of liked "Way Out There" myself. ?

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I get almost 29 mpg at sustained speeds of 62-65 mph, 24 mpg at 78 mph. Tune plus Borla and 93 oct. Don't know if its better, don't care and have only checked it once in 2 years.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Hey, I agree with the main point, which is no issues with the FP tune. That has been my experience as well. I'm approaching 15K and loving the tune, not a single problem. My question is, and maybe this is a generational thing (as I am also approaching 70), but what is WOT (Way out there? World of Tanks?)? I Googled this but got no clear answer....
Hey Marc,

I am glad you are liking the tune! Haha, no worries not a generational thing.. or if anything it came from y’all :) I also was confused what WOT was at first, I giggled at “World of Tanks” as well. Sometimes I find with all the crazy abbreviations these days it’s easier to google the abbreviation and the relative topic. I googled WOT cars meaning. I think I agree with Dave, “Way Out There” is my new meaning for it. I like the ring to it. ?

Random ranger5g member: “what’s WOT?”

Me: “Way out there.. dude” ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
No problem Marc but I kind of liked "Way Out There" myself. ?
Me too!

Reminds me of the 60's, like man, far out!! Kind of like my location...

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
One thing I failed to mention above... You get better gas mileage with an appropriate tune, but like every plus, there's a minus too! Like tire wear and more frequent oil changes. But what the hey? Going faster is always costlier than being a stoplight snail, like say a Tacoma?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
One thing I failed to mention above... You get better gas mileage with an appropriate tune, but like every plus, there's a minus too! Like tire wear and more frequent oil changes. But what the hey? Going faster is always costlier than being a stoplight snail, like say a Tacoma?
Better gas mileage if you aren't stomping at it with all the smiles per gallon. Must be the Siddhartha Gautama of driving if you can resist the smiles per gallon after a tune. :crackup:

GhostStrykre

First Name
Bowen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Being a motorcycle rider most of my life (hitting 73) WOT was a common expression even back in the 70's.
I'm a younger guy, but WOT is a very common acronym to me due to being a motorcycle rider as well. It turns up in articles for bikes all the time. I never gave it a second thought til reading this thread.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Can someone with the FPP Procal 4 and a FX4 with the 265/65/17 Tires post your OEM Tire (rev/mile) value from the Procal 4 Programmer screen please?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Can someone with the FPP Procal 4 and a FX4 with the 265/65/17 Tires post your OEM Tire (rev/mile) value from the Procal 4 Programmer screen please?
Jay, The Procal and the Livernois Mycal are the same tuners so these should be the same numbers. I went off the numbers on this post below (post 234) when I went up one size and it was perfect. Looks like the stock value is 686.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/livernois-tuning-released.2036/post-139464
Sponsored