[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
So I realized that when I got home and after re-reading the instructions, I have no idea what they did to my truck. I had not read the stock tune and then downloaded the performance tune to the ProCal unit, so when I plug the unit in now to my computer it just downloaded the performance one to it.

Saddest part is that I could do this myself but just wanted it to be covered under warranty. Looks like they messed it up. Still waiting to hear back from FPP. I called them and they asked me to send the pics and video, which I did a few hours ago. Still waiting. I'm just being impatient because this is my first ever brand new vehicle and my dream truck, so I'm really upset about this entire ordeal.
Sounds to me like you have the paperwork and receipt for this being dealer installed, and covered.

Now, if you were just to help "reset" it to proper function. :) You paid for it and shouldn't have to, but sometimes just correcting might be easier than the hassle of dealing with the stealership.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds to me like you have the paperwork and receipt for this being dealer installed, and covered.

Now, if you were just to help "reset" it to proper function. :) You paid for it and shouldn't have to, but sometimes just correcting might be easier than the hassle of dealing with the stealership.
This is why I went with the Livernois tune. I wanted someone I could reach out to if I had questions or problems and their customer service has been exceptional. When I talked to my dealer about the Ford performance tune they were clueless so that sealed the deal with me choosing Livernois.

Since Livernois did the tune for Ford anyway, and provided them their programming box I'm not overly concerned about any issues.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
This is why I went with the Livernois tune. I wanted someone I could reach out to if I had questions or problems and their customer service has been exceptional. When I talked to my dealer about the Ford performance tune they were clueless so that sealed the deal with me choosing Livernois.

Since Livernois did the tune for Ford anyway, and provided them their programming box I'm not overly concerned about any issues.
How do you know Livernois did the tune for Ford ? :)

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
How do you know Livernois did the tune for Ford ? :)
Ford's controller is identical to Livernois and actually has Livernois printed on it. When I was talking to one of the programmers he told me they work with Ford on many of the tunes and worked together on the Ranger tune.

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Interesting. I have a ProCal programmer, and NO PLACE does it say Livernois, or even Ford, save for the protective rubber coverall. Neither does the documentation which came with it.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I have a ProCal programmer, and NO PLACE does it say Livernois, or even Ford, save for the protective rubber coverall. Neither does the documentation which came with it.
I believe it's in the information screen when you turn it on.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Just to make sure, I plugged it in, and went through every menu! No Livernois anywhere. Reread all of the documentation which came with the unit, and nothing about Livernois appears. I called my Ford Performance Parts Technical Support Group contact. He said Ford's tune was not done by Livernois. So who has the proof otherwise??

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just to make sure, I plugged it in, and went through every menu! No Livernois anywhere. Reread all of the documentation which came with the unit, and nothing about Livernois appears. I called my Ford Performance Parts Technical Support Group contact. He said Ford's tune was not done by Livernois. So who has the proof otherwise??
No worries if you don't believe me, I could care less. All I know is someone posted a picture of the Ford Calibrator with a picture of the screen showing Livernois's name and information but I'm not going to go through every post to try and find it for you. I also know the calibrator is an exact clone of the Livernois model and I also know that Ford engineers have offices at Livernois and work with them on performance tunes. I'm not hear to prove a point or change your mind, just relaying some information for the Ranger crew.

The Ford tune is great, I just think the Livernois one is better as it allows for more options, power and their service is far superior. Enjoy your Ranger and tune.

Scott

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
This REALLY makes me think so.
https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/d-752-12.pdf

Also when you download updated tunes to ProCal the files say Livernois right on them.

sdhyt3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercrew FX4
Hey sdhyt3 - which dealer allowed you to do the install this way? Castle Rock ford on Wilcox?
Sorry for the delay, turned off email notifications. Yeah, the one on Wilcox right off 25. I called ahead first and talked to parts, then service to everyone was on the same page. They didn’t even charge me, just hit install and let me hang out while it ran

Regnar

First Name
Brud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Thanks!

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
So since the Ford Performance tune is made to run more efficiently, which creates more power aswell, does it benefit MPG when you guys aren’t really mashing the throttle? Can anyone actually say it gets better mpg?

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
That my friend depends on how you drive. I have other goodies than just the tune, but if I drive reasonably, I can just get into the 20 mpg range in my in-town driving cycle. Boost? Zippo, if you want to duplicate the figure!

Drive it hard, and/or make a pass or two down the 1/4 mile, and/or a few stoplight stomp sessions, and you'll be lucky to get 14 mpg!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Huh, I haven't heard any issue at all on these forums with FP tune causing engines to die randomly... I have had one on my truck for the past year, the FP tune specifically. The dealership I bought it from I was their first Ranger requesting that from them, they had their tech learn it and then install for me. Worked like a charm and they said if I had any issues just let them know. I installed it at 500 miles and now I am at 13k no problems. I also admit I drove it stupidly hard before breaking it in enough, but I installed this in 2020. My driving style is WOT when I can and at most stoplights I am pulling relatively hard almost like trying to run a 0-60 time. A lot of people will shake their head but I understand the consequences if anything were to happen. Just tossing out my driving style to show how much abuse the truck can handle. Best mod on the truck for me in my opinion.
Hey, I agree with the main point, which is no issues with the FP tune. That has been my experience as well. I'm approaching 15K and loving the tune, not a single problem. My question is, and maybe this is a generational thing (as I am also approaching 70), but what is WOT (Way out there? World of Tanks?)? I Googled this but got no clear answer....
Sponsored

Last edited: