[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Ravenranger

First Name
Chantay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Retired
Probably a stupid question, but tiresize configurable? Does that mean that they can adjust for 32.8" tires so the speedo is no longer off?
Nope I have 33 on my ranger and it’s no good only can go to 17 inch tires is the max for the tune
Sponsored

NNayak

First Name
Neel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RTR
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I finally got this installed a few weeks ago. I'm very happy with the result -- gobs of torque everywhere, and have not noticed a decrease in fuel economy with the same driving habits. I chose not to install the K&N filter, which I verified was acceptable with Ford Performance.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
Nope I have 33 on my ranger and it’s no good only can go to 17 inch tires is the max for the tune
Are you sure about tire size? I have the Ford tune and I have the 18 inch factory wheels and I don't see a problem or I don't believe my speedometer is off

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Are you sure about tire size? I have the Ford tune and I have the 18 inch factory wheels and I don't see a problem or I don't believe my speedometer is off
Wheel size is of no consequence to speedometer. Only TIRE DIAMETER matters.

If you are running stock wheels AND tires, no need to compensate. It is my understanding that with the Ford tune you can adjust tire diameter up to a limit of roughly 32 inches but not beyond.

I believe bigger changes can be made via Forscan.

sdhyt3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercrew FX4
3 dealers I called (including where I bought the truck from) are refusing to install it, saying even if it’s Ford Performance they don’t think it’s safe and will void my warranty. Anyone in Front Range Colorado have a dealer that will install it? Annoying looking at this expensive little box on my counter, knowing I can do it myself.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
3 dealers I called (including where I bought the truck from) are refusing to install it, saying even if it’s Ford Performance they don’t think it’s safe and will void my warranty. Anyone in Front Range Colorado have a dealer that will install it? Annoying looking at this expensive little box on my counter, knowing I can do it myself.
Doesn't have to be a dealer, just someone ASE certified, right?

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Document it and install yourself. It’s not that radical. Bitch like hell if something happens later.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't have to be a dealer, just someone ASE certified, right?
My dealer installed the Pack with no problems, at the time or since. But the warranty is still good as long as the tech/mech who does the work is ASE-certified. Anyway, no dealer can tell you in advance that they will not honor the warranty. Rather, if something goes wrong down the line, the dealer who wants to deny your claim has to prove that the part or service in question was the cause of the malfunction. In short, time to find another dealer....

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
As others have said and it applies to ANYTHING installed on your car, the dealership has to prove it was the point of failure.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975

The fact this even had to be passed into law just further solidified that dealerships (outside few exceptions) are scummy bottom feeders.

WoofersInc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Sport 4x4
Occupation
Nurse
I’m running into the same problem. So far 2 dealers refuse to do the install for me.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
It’s easier than updating Sync. Jus do it and argue with them later.

sdhyt3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercrew FX4
The Ford dealer in Castle Rock did it for free, just stood next to me with an invoice while I pressed install. Really wakes up the truck for sure. Now if only Colorado had 93 octane....
Sponsored