[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
I thought I was missing something on it. You would think it would have a more practical use if its mounted to the windshield. They even ran the chord through the dash so it looks good. I would have not had them do it if I would have known it was basically a diagnostic tool. I would have had them roll the chord up and stick it in the center console. Maybe there is a way to hook it up to my phone and watch dirty movies on it.
?
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
So, guys, to sum up, if we have no interest in looking at the diagnostic tool on the dash after installation, we would need to tell the techs at the dealer to flash the tune but stash the tool, and keep any wires out of sight? And everything else in regard to the tune would still function as intended? Am I understanding this correctly? (I am still awaiting delivery, which gives me plenty, probably too much, time to think this through....)

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
So, guys, to sum up, if we have no interest in looking at the diagnostic tool on the dash after installation, we would need to tell the techs at the dealer to flash the tune but stash the tool, and keep any wires out of sight? And everything else in regard to the tune would still function as intended? Am I understanding this correctly? (I am still awaiting delivery, which gives me plenty, probably too much, time to think this through....)
You do not need to keep the pro Cal hooked up after the tune is installed.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Since this plugs into the OBDII port there's no wires to really run. Takes a few short minutes to program then you just unplug it and put it back in the box. ?

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
I routed the wire up the A pillar so I can mount the pro cal when towing or going off road to monitor Transmission, Engine and Cat temps. Other than that it is in the glove box
0708201619_HDR.jpg

EKSU

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 White Platinum
got mine back from the dealership today! Similar mount point. Any recommended gauges to have on display?

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
even 200 is crazy if you did everything and load it onto the procal all they have to do is scroll to the tune and hit install man people are brutal. if you have a good rapport with the service guy at garage they will do it for less mine did it for free and got paper work on ford invoice that it was installed by ford.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
even 200 is crazy if you did everything and load it onto the procal all they have to do is scroll to the tune and hit install man people are brutal. if you have a good rapport with the service guy at garage they will do it for less mine did it for free and got paper work on ford invoice that it was installed by ford.
Exactly! It literally takes 15 minutes to upload the tune to the truck. Well, 13 minutes. I timed it.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
All they are doing is plugging it in. I cant see how it take any specialized ASE training or skill to do that. Feels like you are paying ~$200 for that extra warranty. Kinda sad they do that to you.

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
well if you bought it like i did from levettown for 640.00 seems like they are trying to get that suggested price of 825. the mechanic that charged 200 to load tune is a crook. now without further info was the tune loaded on procal? did he have to save old original file and did he have to go to ford performance and do it all? but if it was not prepped to just hit install i can see a little cost for time but not 200. It does not take much to prep and load tune on procal to have them hit 1 button.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
This is a bit off subject, but not by far.

#1 If you have a set of Metric sockets, and a short extension, you can install any of the after-market exhaust systems yourself! all you really need is a creeper, but a large piece of cardboard will do. Most of the on-line videos suggest you remove the rear muffler hanger, instead of the front one. But that is the way to do it! REMOVE the front! In fact, it shouldn't take you more than and hour, unless you're really inept! Took me just 35 minutes with nothing but the needed wrenches! Oh! The best after-market exhaust system? Contrary to popular belief, Ford'-sourced, Borla system (M-5200-RA SB/SC), is the best out there, if real-world Dyno testing means anything.

#2 Installed the Ford's performance upgrade (M-9603-REB) is a piece of cake. My local dealer wanted $200 to do so, but took me about 25 minutes to do it myself! If, that is, you follow the directions! If you need help, Ford's Performance guys in Detroit will help you Their on-line 800 and emails are readily obtained

#3 There are 3 difference intake upgrades that I know of. Ford Performance told me that the Roush is as good as any, and easiest to install. I can't speak for any others out there but the Roush installed in less than 30 minutes. My local dealer wanted 2 hours ($250!) to do the job.

#4 Just for the record. The Mustang Turbo boost gauge kit (available from several sources) will fit the Ranger. However, it is down deep on the drives side, and a bit hard to get to the MAP input. The main wiring harness grommet has enough room to fish a 1/4 inch plastic pipe through. All it takes is a small poke with an X-acto knife, but BE CAREFUL!

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger

#1 If you have a set of Metric sockets, and a short extension, you can install any of the after-market exhaust systems yourself! all you really need is a creeper, but a large piece of cardboard will do. Most of the on-line videos suggest you remove the rear muffler hanger, instead of the front one. But that is the way to do it! REMOVE the front! In fact, it shouldn't take you more than and hour, unless you're really inept! Took me just 35 minutes with nothing but the needed wrenches! Oh! The best after-market exhaust system? Contrary to popular belief, Ford'-sourced, Borla system (M-5200-RA SB/SC), is the best out there, if real-world Dyno testing means anything.

#2 Installed the Ford's performance upgrade (M-9603-REB) is a piece of cake. My local dealer wanted $200 to do so, but took me about 25 minutes to do it myself! If, that is, you follow the directions! If you need help, Ford's Performance guys in Detroit will help you Their on-line 800 and emails are readily obtained

#3 There are 3 difference intake upgrades that I know of. Ford Performance told me that the Roush is as good as any, and easiest to install. I can't speak for any others out there but the Roush installed in less than 30 minutes. My local dealer wanted 2 hours ($250!) to do the job.

#4 Just for the record. The Mustang Turbo boost gauge kit (available from several sources) will fit the Ranger. However, it is down deep on the drives side, and a bit hard to get to the MAP input. The main wiring harness grommet has enough room to fish a 1/4 inch plastic pipe through. All it takes is a small poke with an X-acto knife, but BE CAREFUL!
Do you have a picture of the Mustang Turbo boost gauge kit? I‘m curious what this looks like in the Ranger.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
how are you able to keep the warranty by doing it yourself?
Sponsored