U.S. 2024 Ranger Raptor spotted on MAP production line!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks great! Glad to see they're doing testing early and working out any kinks now. I was really hoping for the same touch screen that the Bronco has (10" horizontal) and not the iPad looking ones. Now hopefully this launch goes better than the B bronco one.

1675129040619.png

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I like! Very nice looking. Very Very Nice looking.

And the steering wheel!!!!! They fixed the bottom notch so you can fit your whole hand in there. I HATE our current steering wheels. I drive with my hand on the bottom and I cant cause I can only fit a couple fingers in there at the bottom... LOL I know its a goofy complaint.. but clearly I am not the only one! :)

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Whats the price on these? I can only imagine ?

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
LoL no way, I'd spend that much on a disposable object.
This tremor is more than I need and like most people it will never see a trail or rocks.
I usually get rid of my vehicles around a year after they are paid off.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
LoL no way, I'd spend that much on a disposable object.
This tremor is more than I need and like most people it will never see a trail or rocks.
I usually get rid of my vehicles around a year after they are paid off.
Well, the Tremor is all I need, but the Raptor is all I want...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The Aussie version is right around $88K which converts to $62K US
We were in Vietnam for six weeks this winter, and we saw a lot of Rangers, including a lot of Ranger Raptors (the Aussie version, I am guessing). Man, they looked great up close, big and mean! Even the wife was impressed with a dark blue one we saw parked on the streets in Saigon, which allowed me to suggest that one would look even better in our garage when the time came. I know, without pics, it did not happen, but I know better than waving my iPhone around. My buddy did that a couple of years ago and had it snatched by a passing motorscooter...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We were in Vietnam for six weeks this winter, and we saw a lot of Rangers, including a lot of Ranger Raptors (the Aussie version, I am guessing). Man, they looked great up close, big and mean! Even the wife was impressed with a dark blue one we saw parked on the streets in Saigon, which allowed me to suggest that one would look even better in our garage when the time came. I know, without pics, it did not happen, but I know better than waving my iPhone around. My buddy did that a couple of years ago and had it snatched by a passing motorscooter...
I was starting to wonder where you've been. I believe you Marc and I wouldn't be waving my phone around there either. I'm glad you got to see one up close in person and I can't wait until they come here later this year to see one (hopefully get one) myself.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Ford has a factory in Hai duong (north)Vietnam. Given the small number of employees and size of the plant, I assume they assemble knockdown kits from their Thailand operations. Thailand builds the majority of Asian Pacific market Fords, Including those for Australia. Ford, GM Holden, Toyota have all ceased auto manufacturing in OZ.

Maybe it's time to forgive and forget; I'm still working on it.
Unknown.png

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I like those seats. I think he's saying 285 HP but seriously I wonder how far this motor can be tuned. I think torque would be a focus point but presume at midband and higher?

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
I like those seats. I think he's saying 285 HP but seriously I wonder how far this motor can be tuned. I think torque would be a focus point but presume at midband and higher?

285 would be way under for the 3.0 turbo...... the Explorer ST with that motor is around 400hp stock.
Livernois advertises 100+ improvements on HP AND TQ with their 93 tune

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed that every where in the world the 2024 Ranger Raptor has handles on both sides of the cab to enter the cabin. On the US version they drivers side is left off, Can someone, or Ford please explain. I thought there was one on the drivers side so a person wouldn't use the steering wheel
I don't know for sure but the reasoning I've heard before is something to do with impact tests. Sounds like the handle kind of gets in the way (or the driver could impact it in a crash).

The same issue is on the 5G Rangers as well - elsewhere in the world the drivers side has a handle.
Sponsored