First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Hi all, I found this the other day and thought it was pretty cool to see what goes into the assembly process. I'm not sure if this has been shared but I didn't see anything in the quick search I ran before posting.

edit: your truck could be in this video! pretty neat.
Very Nice!!
Sponsored

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, I found this the other day and thought it was pretty cool to see what goes into the assembly process. I'm not sure if this has been shared but I didn't see anything in the quick search I ran before posting.

edit: your truck could be in this video! pretty neat.
I think I seen this somewhere. I'd pay $500 to be able to see my truck being built from start to finish.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I think I seen this somewhere. I'd pay $500 to be able to see my truck being built from start to finish.

Unfortunately, these days that is nearly impossible, given security and liability concerns. There was a time that employees could sometimes do that. I followed my 2011 Super Duty through the plant. It was fun. I will be selling that truck when my Ranger gets a little closer to its build date.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, these days that is nearly impossible, given security and liability concerns. There was a time that employees could sometimes do that. I followed my 2011 Super Duty through the plant. It was fun. I will be selling that truck when my Ranger gets a little closer to its build date.
However its not completely unheard of. here is an example.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
Employees can still do it. I followed my 2016 Focus through Final assembly. Also followed my dad's 2008 F-150 from the body-decker on and his 2018 Mustang through paint until the convertible top was installed. Would have followed it through all of Final Assembly but we lost time with shift change and they shut down for breaks.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.

Pretty interesting short video.
About five years ago my son [10 at the time] spend a few days at the Ford Museum & plant. what a treat for a couple of car guys! The F-150 plant tour is about 30 min long...we stayed for 3.5 hours! We both offered to go down on the line and help for free. EPIC. love how it all comes together, like a steel ballet. Going back next summer for our next boys trip.

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
I searched and did not find this posted yet on the forum. 2019 Ranger factory tour...

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
That was cool. Thanks

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
Interesting that they have a combination of Fanuc and Kawasaki robots. Usually when a project is bid out they are usually all the same for the whole project.

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
Interesting that they have a combination of Fanuc and Kawasaki robots. Usually when a project is bid out they are usually all the same for the whole project.
It may be that some were repurposed from Focus/CMax production. The CMax was gone at the end of the 2018 MY and the new Focus was to move to Mexico and then was ultimately canceled for North America. The plant was then updated for Ranger and Bronco production.
Sponsored