Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
Hello all, new member and first post.

Bought a '19 Ranger XLT the other day and have been scouring the internet but cannot find anything regarding this issue. When I put on my turn signal, instead of the normal click I get an alert that sounds like the door ajar with key in the ignition. It doesn't matter if it's the full blinker or the 3 flash quick blinker, however the hazard lights make the correct sound. Has anyone come across this or something similar? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
There are no longer any actual flasher relay noises.
All the warnings come from the same "speaker"
For instance a seat belt warning will override the turn signal warning.
In your case its the door ajar warning?
First go around open each door, check it for obstructions, then shut it firmly.
Then try again,
Also check for seatbelt latches, plug and unplug each to be sure nothing is stuck or has obstructions.
Maybe something on a passenger seat that is heavy enough to demand a seatbelt?
Also wear your seat belt.
Check you dash productivity screen for settings or readouts
Of course,If the problem persists. Take it to the dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are no longer any actual flasher relay noises.
All the warnings come from the same "speaker"
For instance a seat belt warning will override the turn signal warning.
In your case its the door ajar warning?
First go around open each door, check it for obstructions, then shut it firmly.
Then try again, If the problem persists. Take it to the dealer.
Also check for seatbelt latches, plug and unplug each to be sure nothing is stuck or has obstructions.
Maybe something on a passenger seat that is heavy enough to demand a seatbelt?
Thank you Floyd, I am very familiar with vehicle systems which is why I am so baffled by it. But yes, everything is closed/latched and it still has a door ajar chime when I engage the turn signal lever. I've pretty much figured it would need to go back to the dealer but I thought I'd try one last thing and check with other owners in hopes someone else came across this issue.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Floyd, I am very familiar with vehicle systems which is why I am so baffled by it. But yes, everything is closed/latched and it still has a door ajar chime when I engage the turn signal lever. I've pretty much figured it would need to go back to the dealer but I thought I'd try one last thing and check with other owners in hopes someone else came across this issue.
Check for plug ins on the seatbelt or weight sensors in the seat
Or HEY! check the tailgate and the hood as well?

Last edited:

OP
OP
Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took it in to the dealership over the weekend, they are unable to figure out what it might be and are having to get Ford involved. Outside of the blinker making the wrong sound, it also returns the same few system errors each ignition cycle:
Forward Collision Warning
Hill Start Assist Warning
Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power
Restraint Indicator Lamp Warning

They still have the truck, I'll report back once they have a solution. Hopefully it's as simple as a faulty BCM.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took it in to the dealership over the weekend, they are unable to figure out what it might be and are having to get Ford involved. Outside of the blinker making the wrong sound, it also returns the same few system errors each ignition cycle:
Forward Collision Warning
Hill Start Assist Warning
Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power
Restraint Indicator Lamp Warning

They still have the truck, I'll report back once they have a solution. Hopefully it's as simple as a faulty BCM.
Wow! I did notice that my dealer has already taken out two lifts :idea:and are replacing them with psychiatrists couches with ramps.:crazy::giggle:

Seriously though,I hate it when they have to call in help, but I bet they figure it out right away.
Hope they bring the parts they need.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too hate when they have to bring in help, it always makes the process take twice as long. They checked for updates and TSB's, found nothing, and apparently can't just reprogram it. So here we sit and wait, at least I got a free loaner. Having been in the Ford family since the 80's I know this is a one off fluke and they'll take care of it.

OP
OP
Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so, today makes day 13 that the truck has been in the shop. They called me last Friday to let me know it was fixed and I could come pick it up. Went down there Saturday morning, hopped in to leave and all the same faults happened yet again. Over this course, and 100 miles of testing of time Ford engineers have been stumped but have been working to get these things resolved. It's very interesting to see these alerts show up on my Ford Pass, I can tell when they're tinkering with it and what faults are still happening.

Blinker making door ajar sound: Fixed with a reprogram of the BCM

Auto Stop/Start in-op: Fixed with a reprogram of the BCM

Miles to E in cluster stuck at 999mi: Fixed with a reprogram of the BCM

Forward Collision Warning: Unresolved at this point

Hill Start Assist Warning: Determined that a faulty brake switch/sensor was causing this issue. Part on order

Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power: Did not return after third reprogram of BCM and PCM (unknown if resolved)

Restraint Indicator Lamp Warning: Did not return after third reprogram of BCM and PCM (unknown if resolved)

Cruise Control in-op during these faults: Unknown if resolved

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy Crap that's scary!!
Are they now saying that you should wait a few years until somebody knows the product??
I already know that they can't fix Duraspark ,EEC-IV or OBD-I,
They wouldn't recognize a Carburetor or a distributor on sight.
My dealer had never heard that my 1995 Mustang actually had the original 5.0 They laughed at the badges:giggle:
Sounds like the plan is to forget the old stuff and don't bother to learn the new,...
but make sure they don't share what they do know...
the buyer is treated like a mushroom...(kept in the dark and fed bull$#!t)

I sure hope they come up to date before I need them.:fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: Truck is on it's 19th day in the shop. This is absolutely unacceptable and the worst customer service I have ever received from Ford. They've been waiting anywhere between 3-7 days to do any troubleshooting, and now we are back to the drawing board after the brake switch/sensor didn't resolve anything. I do have a case opened with Ford and am requesting they take care of the first 1-2 payments, but they have been slow to resolve things as well. I guess the silver lining is that I only have 11 more calendar days to go before they have to lemon law it.

Forward Collision Warning: Still unresolved

Hill Start Assist Warning: Determined that a faulty brake switch/sensor was causing this issue. Part replaced today, still unresolved

Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power: Did not return after third reprogram of BCM and PCM: Returned today still unresolved

Restraint Indicator Lamp Warning: Did not return after third reprogram of BCM and PCM; Returned today still unresolved

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
Update: Truck is on it's 19th day in the shop. This is absolutely unacceptable and the worst customer service I have ever received from Ford. They've been waiting anywhere between 3-7 days to do any troubleshooting, and now we are back to the drawing board after the brake switch/sensor didn't resolve anything. I do have a case opened with Ford and am requesting they take care of the first 1-2 payments, but they have been slow to resolve things as well. I guess the silver lining is that I only have 11 more calendar days to go before they have to lemon law it.

Forward Collision Warning: Still unresolved

Hill Start Assist Warning: Determined that a faulty brake switch/sensor was causing this issue. Part replaced today, still unresolved

Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power: Did not return after third reprogram of BCM and PCM: Returned today still unresolved

Restraint Indicator Lamp Warning: Did not return after third reprogram of BCM and PCM; Returned today still unresolved

Jesus, sounds like all the electrical system is bugged! They should just strip out and replace the ECU and see if that fixes it, then ship the thing back to ford to figure out what the deal is!

OP
OP
Recoil1

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jesus, sounds like all the electrical system is bugged! They should just strip out and replace the ECU and see if that fixes it, then ship the thing back to ford to figure out what the deal is!
Yeah, I am pretty much over this truck at this point. With all the work they've done on it, if it gets fixed I'll be getting back a used truck. Now I have to wait for Fords SME to pick up the ticket and call the dealership to run over everything, and then if that doesn't work wait for an engineer to come look at it. Ford refuses to replace BCM or ECU, they want to troubleshoot it module by module.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I am pretty much over this truck at this point. With all the work they've done on it, if it gets fixed I'll be getting back a used truck. Now I have to wait for Fords SME to pick up the ticket and call the dealership to run over everything, and then if that doesn't work wait for an engineer to come look at it. Ford refuses to replace BCM or ECU, they want to troubleshoot it module by module.
That really sucks - as much as I hate to say it, sounds like you have only a few more days to wait until you can call it a lemon. I feel very fortunate to not have had any issues (other than the slightly leaky turn signal in my passenger mirror) since I got my truck.

Hopefully you get a good resolution one way or the other.
Sponsored