First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
anybody replace theirs with this? Is it necessary?
29B761B3-B59A-4827-BA7B-F3860CE0DB4B.png
Sponsored

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Wife just got me mine for an early xmas gift.

deff not necessary, offers about as much performance as replacing the grill.

also causes the truck to buck a lot, because I will go from wot to off of it everytime I leave a light and giggle like a little kid. :)

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
SMH at those noisemakers

So pretty much exhaust systems right? As a single upgrade; far more expensive, far louder, more constant, for real world gains that can pretty much not be felt realistically by the driver.

I have a BoV, but I'm not unrealistic in what it provides, why I spent 1/3 the cost on a Boomba adapter and not a Turbo Smart.

Matter of fact I bought a Boomba meant for the 2.3L mustang version of our engine because it was $30 cheaper than the one they sell for the Ranger.

Woo Woo Psssshhhh

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
So pretty much exhaust systems right? As a single upgrade; far more expensive, far louder, more constant, for real world gains that can pretty much not be felt realistically by the driver.

I have a BoV, but I'm not unrealistic in what it provides, why I spent 1/3 the cost on a Boomba adapter and not a Turbo Smart.

Matter of fact I bought a Boomba meant for the 2.3L mustang version of our engine because it was $30 cheaper than the one they sell for the Ranger.

Woo Woo Psssshhhh
Not sure how we got from BOV to exhaust since they provide completely different functions, but there are plenty of threads on exhaust

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how we got from BOV to exhaust since they provide completely different functions, but there are plenty of threads on exhaust
It was sarcasm. My comment was not about functionality, but the mere existence of sound for the sake of personal preference when it comes to automotive parts.

GFB DV+, TS, Boomba, all of them are a placebo effect for an automatic truck.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Needed? No. Fun? Yes. Someone mentioned it bucks more with it. True statement, exactly why I keep it on. This truck is too damn buttery smooth without it. I’m weird, I know. And the hiss, 20k miles later and still not tired of it. Still makes necks break.
Sponsored